Make it so you can see other player's ping in the lobby.
As the devs said in their hitboxes live stream, the killer's client is the one who decides whether or not hits connect, so killers with ######### internet worsten the experience, but as a survivor there is no way of telling if the killer has good internet or not.
Killers with high ping end up creating hits like these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2vBivyGqY&feature=youtu.beI checked their steam profile and it said this person was from china (I live the in the US). Why am I being matched with someone with this high ping? There is an argument to be made that maybe this person wouldn't have been able to get a match if players could see their ping, but if making a match for this person means ruining everyone else's game experience then this person is SOL. They're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it.
For the sake of fairness everyone in the lobby should be able to see the pings of ALL other players, survivors should see the killers and each others. The killer should see all the survivors.
Comments
No they should just make it so there is a ping lock and the only way to bypass it is SWF. VPN will still bypass but that's not really on DBD unless some data centers are worse than others.
I don't care for this either way but I still think there should be a ping indicator that way you can tell if the killer has bad internet.