Leaving DS Alone

I've been seeing comments about "balancing" and how they should nerf DS. They don't need to touch DS anymore. It got the nerf it supposedly "needed" last Spring, therefor it's fine as is. Besides, having DS doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. If executed right (as a survivor) you can buy time and maybe even escape. Yes, DS is a huge pain in the ass for a killer, but so is NOED.

Comments

  • I think DS shouldn't activate if grabbed, that would solve the majority of issues.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095967#Comment_1095967

    Ok, so if a guy with DS gets unhooked, I ignore him, then I down 3 other people, then I hook these 3 people, then I find the 4th guy doing a gen in front of me, so I catch him and THEN I get DSed because 60 seconds passed yet, then is this called tunneling or not?

    Spoiler: ITS NOT TUNNELING BUT DS STILL WORKS

    So no, not tunneling does not stop surviviors from hitting you with DS.

    DS punishes killer for playing good (3 downs and hooks in 60a IS playing good), not for tunneling.

    by the time you down 3 people the 4th guy ds is already gone lol.

    its only 60 seconds, it very easy to avoid ds


    you dont need to ignore the ds guy you can still down him because he have to get healed....

    but try and hit the person who is going to unhook so you can down, then easy once they unhook now you down unhooker then you can just down the ds person hook the unhooker.

  • Thread about DS with hidden complain about NOED. 👌

  • @Jonathanskilz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096137#Comment_1096137

    by the time you down 3 people the 4th guy ds is already gone lol.

    its only 60 seconds, it very easy to avoid ds

    you dont need to ignore the ds guy you can still down him because he have to get healed....

    but try and hit the person who is going to unhook so you can down, then easy once they unhook now you down unhooker then you can just down the ds person hook the unhooker.

    So basically you are telling killers that they have to stop, because they are playing too good? Lol No its not always gone. And 3 people was an extreme scenario, it shouldnt happen with 2 people either.

    You can down him? Oh wait, DS + Unbreakable is a thing.

    And oh wait, he can just go to the locker too.

    I know I can go for the unhooker. But no matter how many unhookers I catch, that guy's DS still doesnt go away. And that guy can fully open an exit gate, escape through hatch or do 50% of a gen (without toolbox) while being protected by DS. Unbreakable and lockers make DS uncounterable.

  • @lazytension said:

    I've been seeing comments about "balancing" and how they should nerf DS. They don't need to touch DS anymore. It got the nerf it supposedly "needed" last Spring, therefor it's fine as is. Besides, having DS doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. If executed right (as a survivor) you can buy time and maybe even escape. Yes, DS is a huge pain in the ass for a killer, but so is NOED.

    I now specifically run NOED on all my killers at all times in every game. Since Ruin was nerfed I enjoy ruining (haha) the game for all survivors at all times and until it is returned to its old way I will continue to bully all survivors, laugh at death threats, give my address but never get any visitors, and collect salt. Nothing anyone can do about it either.

  • If only a killer could disable DS like survivors can disable Noed before it activates...

  • I rarely get his with DS, when I do, it is in end game when there are only 1-2 survivors left. The only thing I'd like to see done with DS is have it deactivate once gens are done. At that point, you can't complain that you did not get to play the game, or were tunneled out immediately. No, all that perk does at end game is penalize killers who did not tunnel you down to exhaust it.

    Seriously, I think it should be deactivated when the 5th gen is done. It has no real place that late in the game. It would be like having NOED activate after the 3rd gen. Way off kilter.

1 2 ›