@BHVR - Challenges gripe/question.

So, many killers want to know, when are DC's going to start counting as kills in the "kill by any means" challenges? Because honestly, it's getting out of hand having a challenge that should be doable in 2-3 matches have to take 6 matches because of DC's. Last time I checked, when a killer DC's, survivors get the escape.

@Peanits @Almo

Comments

  • I don't believe that a killer DCing counts as an escape in the archives, so it goes both ways. Though it should count for both sides imo

  • @kreeper124 said:

    I don't believe that a killer DCing counts as an escape in the archives, so it goes both ways. Though it should count for both sides imo

    They get escape points for it, and it counts as the escape on the scoreboard.

    I swear I've had a killer DC count as an escape for a challenge. Can anyone confirm this? Either way, survivors are rewarded when a killer DC's.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079651#Comment_1079651

    They get escape points for it, and it counts as the escape on the scoreboard.

    I swear I've had a killer DC count as an escape for a challenge. Can anyone confirm this? Either way, survivors are rewarded when a killer DC's.

    I was doing the "Escape as David" challenge earlier today. Killer DCed, but didnt get credit for it.

  • That's weird...cause in level 1 of the current tome, I got an escape for the escape 2 trials bit when the killer DC'd. I could be mistaken. Either way - both should count towards the challenge, cause that's not very fair for anyone.

  • @McLightning said:

    That's weird...cause in level 1 of the current tome, I got an escape for the escape 2 trials bit when the killer DC'd. I could be mistaken. Either way - both should count towards the challenge, cause that's not very fair for anyone.

    I had multiple matches yesterday where killer dc‘d where I tried to get one of the escape challenges (Get 4 escapes, David escape and even No mither escape)

    Not one time did i get the challenge done.

    The matchmaking was awful though, can’t really blame the killers. And it would have felt somehow cheap if I got the challenge for this. But iirc you get the escape dailys this way?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079712#Comment_1079712

    I had multiple matches yesterday where killer dc‘d where I tried to get one of the escape challenges (Get 4 escapes, David escape and even No mither escape)

    Not one time did i get the challenge done.

    The matchmaking was awful though, can’t really blame the killers. And it would have felt somehow cheap if I got the challenge for this. But iirc you get the escape dailys this way?

    Yes, dailies you definitely get. Given the frequency of DC's on both sides, these "escape" and "sacrifice/kill" challenges should be changed. They should count DC's.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079720#Comment_1079720

    Yes, dailies you definitely get. Given the frequency of DC's on both sides, these "escape" and "sacrifice/kill" challenges should be changed. They should count DC's.

    I wouldn’t have liked it that way, but I had the time yesterday to get the challenges done the ‚right‘ way.

    And with killer I may just be too lucky that I don’t get frequent DC‘s, but maybe I am not high rank enough there I guess..

  • You'll find at red ranks, people will DC if they are the first person chased by the killer in a trial. Or, people will DC as soon as they get hit/downed/hooked. DC's are literally more common and Decisive Strike.

  • @McLightning said:

    You'll find at red ranks, people will DC if they are the first person chased by the killer in a trial. Or, people will DC as soon as they get hit/downed/hooked. DC's are literally more common and Decisive Strike.

    I am red rank survivor and don’t get matched with those survivors though? I have seen this obv but it’s really really rare. On par with killers DCing because they lost a hex early on.

    DCs because the killer tunnels someone extremely AND he gets farmed by others directly after the hook is the most common I see and I don’t blame anyone for that.