Even geforce now can't run DbD on stable 60 fps

So I tried geforce now and played dbd. Played on low with 100% resolution. Can't even maintain stable 60 fps, dips down everytime. And I assume geforce now servers are running on really good rigs, so whats up BHVR? Optimisation still no high priority for u? Kinda embarrassing at this point.

Comments

  • I mean Dbd has always been running like #########. When games like GTA 5 or Fallout 4 run better than this game, it really tells something.

    So I am really not surprised.

  • Oh boy, I just got done with a doctor match to comment on this.



    This is far out of control, my frames went so low that I thought the game froze when getting near survivors

  • Always been stable here on the 3 systems I have here. Always use 100% resolution regardless of what system because it barely helps to lower that and it looks terrible.

    I can get 120FPS more than 95% of the time but it does dip on some maps in some spots which bugs me so I use 90FPS and it never dips on any map even with the new doctor and that's on a 3 year old barely average system with an i7-6700 @3.4Ghz with a 1060 6GB and it uses maybe 3GB or so of system ram, a couple GB ram on card, 55-60% GPU and barely uses 50% CPU for that. My 4 year old laptop holds 60FPS also. Hell even on my ancient 11 year old Dell Dimension 9200 with a q6600 2.4Ghz that only has 4GB of ram with an almost 8 year old HD5700 1GB I can maintain 60FPS no dips.

    This game is not very demanding at all on low, and even medium isn't bad just high and ultra suck but I wouldn't use them anyway.

  • I don't know. I have an i5 8400 cpu and a gtx 1060 6gb gpu. With the settings on ultra, 100 res and 1920x1080 i have 130 ish fps.

    1 year ago i played on a laptop with an old i5 and 1030 gpu and i got 60+ fps on high.

  • Can you imagine what a studio like Epic Games could make out of this game when they do the work with UE4? I bet you they make it look much more awesome (graphical power, not design) and run smoother. On console it would run 60fps 100% too ;)

  • @forthelulz said:

    Always been stable here on the 3 systems I have here. Always use 100% resolution regardless of what system because it barely helps to lower that and it looks terrible.

    I can get 120FPS more than 95% of the time but it does dip on some maps in some spots which bugs me so I use 90FPS and it never dips on any map even with the new doctor and that's on a 3 year old barely average system with an i7-6700 @3.4Ghz with a 1060 6GB and it uses maybe 3GB or so of system ram, a couple GB ram on card, 55-60% GPU and barely uses 50% CPU for that. My 4 year old laptop holds 60FPS also. Hell even on my ancient 11 year old Dell Dimension 9200 with a q6600 2.4Ghz that only has 4GB of ram with an almost 8 year old HD5700 1GB I can maintain 60FPS no dips.

    This game is not very demanding at all on low, and even medium isn't bad just high and ultra suck but I wouldn't use them anyway.

    I hardly believe that.

  • @BeHasU said:

    I don't know. I have an i5 8400 cpu and a gtx 1060 6gb gpu. With the settings on ultra, 100 res and 1920x1080 i have 130 ish fps.

    1 year ago i played on a laptop with an old i5 and 1030 gpu and i got 60+ fps on high.

    I think you kinda exposed yourself lying here because I'm pretty sure that the devs locked down the fps to 120 a few updates ago and u CAN'T go higher because it causes movement issues.

    Edit: I take my words back about you lying, apparently you can still go beyond 120 fps by editing certain files and lines.

  • @bendermac said:

    Can you imagine what a studio like Epic Games could make out of this game when they do the work with UE4? I bet you they make it look much more awesome (graphical power, not design) and run smoother. On console it would run 60fps 100% too ;)

    At this point I think ANY other dev team can make this game run and look better. This is by far the worst optimised game in my entire library.

    I always thought "hmm maybe my rig is just not compatible with this game" but after trying it with geforce now I got my confirmation that this game is just ######### optimised.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075776#Comment_1075776

    I think you kinda exposed yourself lying here because I'm pretty sure that the devs locked down the fps to 120 a few updates ago and u CAN'T go higher because it causes movement issues.

    A few updates ago. Sure, that did happen, but it doesn't disprove that at one time, this person did run the game at an extremely high fps.

    Before that update, I was running at 160+ FPS on a 6700k and a 980Ti. Which are 5 years old now.

    EDIT: Also, no, he's not lying. It can still be done. So stop trying to be an expert.

    image.png


  • 120fps lock in action. I think you owe @BeHasU an apology. You said he exposed himself as lying, when really all that happened is you exposed yourself as not being as knowledgeable as you thought you were.

    image.png


  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075929#Comment_1075929

    A few updates ago. Sure, that did happen, but it doesn't disprove that at one time, this person did run the game at an extremely high fps.

    Before that update, I was running at 160+ FPS on a 6700k and a 980Ti. Which are 5 years old now.

    EDIT: Also, no, he's not lying. It can still be done. So stop trying to be an expert.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/594/FWU7ZOSZUGEF.png

    Are you seriously showing me the menu fps? Everyone has high fps there

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075942#Comment_1075942

    Are you seriously showing me the menu fps? Everyone has high fps there

    Second screenshot. Shows in game.

    Again, retreat from your argument, good sir.

  • @McLightning said:

    120fps lock in action. I think you owe @BeHasU an apology. You said he exposed himself as lying, when really all that happened is you exposed yourself as not being as knowledgeable as you thought you were.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/690/DQ9T7WQ2UTHK.png

    You are standing in a corner with blocked visual to the entire world. That's nothing special to have a lot of fps in that scene.

  • @McLightning said:

    120fps lock in action. I think you owe @BeHasU an apology. You said he exposed himself as lying, when really all that happened is you exposed yourself as not being as knowledgeable as you thought you were.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/690/DQ9T7WQ2UTHK.png

    Is this with edited engine.ini settings?

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075975#Comment_1075975

    You are standing in a corner with blocked visual to the entire world. That's nothing special to have a lot of fps in that scene.

    Really? Dodging are we? Here's this:

    @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075776#Comment_1075776

    I think you kinda exposed yourself lying here because I'm pretty sure that the devs locked down the fps to 120 a few updates ago and u CAN'T go higher because it causes movement issues.

    That is IRRELEVANT. You said it was LOCKED at 120fps and called someone a liar over it.

    This is to prove that it's not capped, like you said it was.

    Just stop. You backed yourself into a corner here. The only way to save face is to admit you were wrong and apologize to the poor person you called a liar.

  • Yes, both Engine.ini and GameUserSettings.ini, and before you try - no, nobody has ever been banned for it, and and BHVR has never said it's bannable.

    Once again - you owe that person an apology. You said it was not possible, and called them a liar.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075989#Comment_1075989

    Yes, both Engine.ini and GameUserSettings.ini, and before you try - no, nobody has ever been banned for it, and and BHVR has never said it's bannable.

    Once again - you owe that person an apology. You said it was not possible, and called them a liar.

    Well I don't mind apologising for this scene then, but Im pretty sure it's not possible without editing these files. I wounder of that's even allowed at this point since devs intention was to lock it down for gameplay purposes. @Peanits any take on having more than 120 fps ingame? Is it still messing with the movement and therefore shouldn't be allowed? Just want to make sure.

  • @McLightning   hey, i appreciate the words <3


    @DwightOP it's okay, but please stop judging people before you know exaclty what are you talking about

  • @BeHasU said:

    @McLightning   hey, i appreciate the words <3

    @DwightOP it's okay, but please stop judging people before you know exaclty what are you talking about

    I gotchu, my dude.