Can we fix the lunge on killers please

I mainly have this problem when throwing down a pallet on the killer. I get the killer stun, but they still knock me down. Or when I'm in a chase and they know I'm going for a pallet or a window vault, they lunge for me and knock me down before I get to it.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076899#Comment_1076899

    There is a thing called perks that killers can use. If that isn't enough to get some kills by actual skill, then Id say.. Go ahead and keep your huge lunge. But, it's annoying to get downed by a killer that may not be as good as others because of that lunge. Making it shorter will not ruin killer, it will just require more concentration. Which I feel should be required to get some kills.

    Well, thats a pretty random and off topic comment. Perks do nothing in loops majority of the time, excluding spirit fury. The rest (bamboozle, enduring etc) do almost nothing during loops. People beat loops through actual skill or use of their killer power, typically through mindgames, prediction, tricking their opponent etc. What you're complaining about is killers using their skill and their abilities to beat you in the first place. The lunge being on of them. I still don't understand your logic "its annoyed to get down by someone not as good as you", so is your logic that you should never get downed if you are better than the person you're versing? Because that is extremely flawed if so.

    The lunge is only 0.3 seconds long anyway, making it any shorter is going to significantly nerf their ability during loops. Anyone who has played and significant amount of killer would know this.

    As for the whole "nerfing a killers lunge won't ruin killer" thing. It certainly would. If you don't believe me, go into a red rank game and try playing without ever using your full lunge. Cancel it halfway or don't use it at all. Do that, and tell me how well you do after a few games.

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076923#Comment_1076923

    We're not talking about changing the game or even getting rid of the lunge. Shortening it will not make loops extremely safe, it will just make killers have to put a little more effort in their chase.

    As I already said. Shortening it WILL make loops extremely safe. Test it for yourself if you don't believe me. Effort isn't going to make up for the shortened lunge either lmao

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076980#Comment_1076980

    Distance. That's the key word here. There should be no distance from a killer to a survivor when they are going for a hit. Looping will stay the same. I just want things to be more realistic.

    So now this isn't even about shortening the lunge, this is about removing it completely. And no, looping wouldn't stay the same. The lunge is realistic in the first place. Putting on a burst of speed to reach something happens in real life too you know.

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077038#Comment_1077038

    Sadly, I already know when I'm gonna get hit when I shouldn't which still convinces me that lunge is too large. I'm just glad loops are in the survivors favor because killers have a big advantage already with their perks. Not complaining about killers.. Just saying their perks help them out a ton.

    Literally anyone can do that though. Its not even about the lunge, its about gageing the killers speed and the distance before he can hit you. The exact same thing would happen if you shortened the killers lunge. There would still be times where you knew you'd get hit or not reach a safe loop in time.

  • @luka2211 said:

    You could say it from both sides. Alot of hits killers should get don't happen in certain situations just cause of autoaim or other reasons(not just hits but bs pallet stuns/really late head ons/etc that worked cause of the dedi servers). Like @LordGlint taught me alot of arguments have a two way street. Edit: I know head ons don't have to do with that,but i said it regardless,i hate when i already start the grab animation and someone head ons me. I just said it cause it's connected to the servers which is the reason lunges might feel weird. I also forgot to add,sometimes you try to dodge a pallet stun,and are really far away and it still stuns you cause of the servers. Same with pallet saves,they can happen when a survivor is really far from under a pallet.

    Exactly. Its less of a problem with the killers lunge but with dedicated servers. These have helped the game in areas, but have also caused gameplay issues for both sides.

  • Getting hit because you had bad timing in a pallet is intended, it doesn't stun them until it hits them so if they come from the side it's not leaning on they can buy themselves a split second longer before the stun. A well timed pallet leaves no answer for the killer, outside of some severe connection issues.

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077160#Comment_1077160

    Don't have the skill to outplay something? I can loop killers easily and get away just as easy. I'm saying they can get a hit that is definitely not deserved because of the long lunge. Not saying I'm going down because of it, just saying they are getting hits that they really should not have gotten.

    A hit they don't deserve? If you're talking about dedicated server hits I 100% agree with you. But otherwise, being able to lunge through an undropped pallet and hit a survivor isn't "undeserved" or hitting a survivor midvault.

  • Most killers are like 6ft+ closer to 7ft with tree branches for arms and 2ft+ long weapons. Getting hit from 5ft away isn't unrealistic. If it makes you feel better I agree we should throw away the lunges and bloodlust in favor of killers having the ability to sprint like survivors.

1 2 ›