One Big Problem with Tome Achievements

One of the biggest problems with Tome achievements is that... it kind of encourages players--and I am no exception--to play like terds... that is... badly. Sometimes, when I go into a match, my sole intention now is to complete my achievement. This priority supersedes repairing gens or assisting my team in its time of need. I have to admit it, when I have an achievement to work through, I'm often more interested in grinding than I am in being a solid teammate.

If my achievement is for repairing gens, I sometimes forego being an altruist. If my achievement is to get some safe unhooks, gens don't exist to me. And if my achievement is stun the killer 4 times, the resulting rush to engage the killer does nothing good for me or my teammates chances of survival.

Does anyone else experience this?

Comments

  • @IFeelFantastic said:

    One of the biggest problems with Tome achievements is that... it kind of encourages players--and I am no exception--to play like terds... that is... badly. Sometimes, when I go into a match, my sole intention now is to complete my achievement. This priority supersedes repairing gens or assisting my team in its time of need. I have to admit it, when I have an achievement to work through, I'm often more interested in grinding than I am in being a solid teammate.

    If my achievement is for repairing gens, I sometimes forego being an altruist. If my achievement is to get some safe unhooks, gens don't exist to me. And if my achievement is stun the killer 4 times, the resulting rush to engage the killer does nothing good for me or my teammates chances of survival.

    Does anyone else experience this?

    That's what happens when they organize a time limited event, no one has the time unless you're a full time streamer to go into countless lobby simulator and hope you clear a tome while playing legit

  • @hocrux said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/127918/one-big-problem-with-tome-achievements

    That's what happens when they organize a time limited event, no one has the time unless you're a full time streamer to go into countless lobby simulator and hope you clear a tome while playing legit

    The tome isnt time limited. It exists FOREVER.

    It just stops giving rift progress, which is what they want. You to buy the rift levels.


    But again, since nobody understands: THE TOMES AND THEIR LORE/REWARDS ARE NEVER GONE.

  • honestly, my teammates are like that even without chaenges, so np for me

  • To be fair they made master challenges a lot simpler, all the others can be done in multiple matches playing normally. If people rush it's on them, but it's not really needed to complete them.

  • I know I don't need to rush, it's just that I do anyway lol