Perks Idea
This would probably never happen, but I seriously think that the shareable perks for both sides should we powered down. If another character unlocks a shareable perk, I think the shouldn’t be an,e to get the strongest version of it. I think it would keep people from making every character too over powered and give some specific uniqueness back to each survivor and killer.
Honestly when first starting, I thought it would only unlock a weaker orange version of the ability, and that specific level of the perk would be the only shareable one.
I wouldn’t want them completely eliminated because it’s nice to change up th play style of each one, plus canonically and story wise I love the idea of each survivor naturally being talented and having skills, and then imparting them onto other survivors as they survive together and learn from the trials.
And for the killers, I don’t have a story based reason for it, bu it think this would simply help balance the game a bunch. You won’t have a Nea, Dwight, Meg and Claudette all with the best self care, and the best sprint, urban evasion, etc.
And the killers won’t all have NOED, Hex: Devour Hope, Barbeque and Chili, Thanatophobia, etc. at max level.
Comments
Self Care doesn't really matter with tiers. People just use the self caring bit. Not the "healthpack efficiency".
NOED isn't even a teachable. It's a normal perk. Thanatophia would be worthless. Urban Evasion wouldnt matter THAT MUCH it's like 5% each tier from 90%.
(this is just to the perks you said i don't want to go over every perk in the game) But yeah making survivors unique would be interesting to say the least
Did you seriously complain about Thanatophobia with the stale Survivor meta of every safety net perk ever created?
No, I didn’t “seriously complain”, I wasn’t complaining. You seem a little sensitive there, don’t know why you would take it personal. I also play a killer, and as a killer/survivor player I think it would be cool so each killer stands apart by having the best version of their main perks. I listed it as an example of one of the perks that would be reduced. I think you’re choosing to add assumptions into what you think I want from this suggested change. Where did I once defend a meta perk for a survivor? Oh wait, I didn’t.
Also Milo, I totally feel you on those, I was just randomly throwing commonly used abilities together. I was also under the impression self care was still at 30/40/50 and not 50 across the board now. I see how it’s 10-20% boost of medkits isn’t that much of a loss at all since that would be the only thing that changes there.
I’d like to add that I would support the Devi giving a buff to Thanatophobia. Doesn’t change what I wrote earlier about having a weaker version for other killers.
2/4/6/8 the one available for other killers
3/6/9/12
4/8/12/16
5/10/15/20 - as the Nurses best one.
Just the same I’d like a
30 - available speed for self care for other survivors.
50
70 - speed for self care for Claudette
I’d want stuff that makes
On the survivor side of things, you'd just see a lot more of certain survivors. Namely Claudettes and Megs. People would steer clear of Dwight and co. I'd just prefer people to be able to play what they want based on cosmetics, then stick whichever perks they want on top.
For killers though, I specifically wouldn't want to see this. There's a lot of interesting combos that comes out of teachables. Myers + Monitor and Abuse, Doctor + Unnerving Presence, Hillbilly + BBQ & Chili, etc. It's not like survivors where you can swap them in and out, certain perks work better on certain killers, so being able to swap between them freely is crucial for build diversity.
The best suggestion I've seen for perks is a point based system. Think of it almost like skill points. You have some "power points" (let's say 40, for example). Each perk is given a "power rating" based on how powerful they are. A perk like sprint burst or decisive strike would have a higher rating, for example, to match how much of an effect they can have on a match (let's say 20). Weaker perks would also have lesser ratings (say, 5 for Deja Vu). Slotting a perk costs the power rating, and if you don't have enough points available, you can't slot that perk until you swap something out.
That way you're able to more finely tune the power of perks, and rather than everything being balanced around a baseline, you can instead increase the cost to balance them out (instead sacrificing a perk slot for a single more powerful perk). e.g. Everyone's using Sprint Burst? Crank that baby up so it's double the cost of a normal perk. Now you have to decide if it's worth two perk slots instead of just one.
This also opens up the opportunity to have more perk slots. You could have 5 or 6 slots and slot weaker perks to create a more well rounded build, but not necessarily have any of those really good perks that make a huge difference on their own. Or you could just end up with a build of only two or three really good perks. You could also add the ability to tweak the tier of the perk you want, so instead of SB3, you could opt to take SB2/1 for slightly less points.
In short: You couldn't just pick and choose the best perks from all the killers/survivors, but you can still mix them equally.
One sentence, and you decide to do psycho-analysis? Your extrapolations are so outside the realm of reality it's hilarious.
Oh I love that point based system! That would be a grand way to limit OP abilities, and at the same time elt you mess around with larger combinations of different perks at weaker levels.
I’d still want to be able to use each characters 3 perks at highest level though. Maybe if you’re equipping the ability initially learned by that player, it’s 1 point cheaper? Or one point more expensive for everyone else based on your perspective.
Also Orion, I’m not sure what to say to you other than the fact that what I did isn’t called psychoanalysis. Both of the posts you’ve made towards me have carried slightly exaggerated statements. Saying your assumption about what I’m trying to convey is inaccurate, and then explaining why I listed Thanatophobia is not the same as that process used in Psychology.
I’d genuinely like an engaging and productive discussion here, but this isn’t the place and it’ll just deviate from the main conversational topic.
If you’d like to PM me so we can see where our communication faltered, I’d be happy to.