The unfairness of DC survivor strategy
Hi everyone. Sorry for the long text,
I'm fairly new in the game, playing for three months, so far getting a rank three as the killer and six as a survivor, even because I prefer playing killer for I do not have many friends yet who plays DBD at the same hours I do.
One thing is bothering me a lot is the Disconnect strategy very used by the red ranked players. "Do I not like the killer (like, "omg, I hate playing against pig")? DC."; "Do I feel like me, and my friends are going to lose badly? DC."; "I messed up the teabagging and flash clicking, but the killer is horrible and just got lucky because I'm a god? DC". And so on.
What happens is, and I'll tell it using a match I had two days ago: playing as spirit, the survivors tend to forget that grass moves even if you walk, and the grass moving is clearly visible (as nothing else is, so the only thing moving get the eyes attention). Knowing that, the first survivor disconnected when got hit after I heard vaulting the pallet during phase walk. A few seconds later other survivor disconnected, a friend of the first one to DC(yes, I do look steam profiles during the one minute of lobby and avoid lobbies with banned players in other games - I have 4k hours of CS, I know hundreds of cheaters, and they cheat in every single game they play). So I hooked one of the last two and got the other one as well. End of the match, no one escaped, one single gen was made: entity displeased.
Well, let us say I would have done a perfect match, thinking only in the DC ones: I would get eleven more hits (6 in the one who was not hit and five on the was already hit), more than 2k points; 6 hooks, two entity summoned, at least more 2k; chasing points, let us say, 1k for both. And of course, they would have the chance to save the others from the hook so that I could hit and hooked them again; they would do gens so that I could damage them; they would throw down pallets for me to break. In fact, I could get much more blood points and get at least a brutal killer.
The problem is: everyone in red ranks knows that and DC becomes a strategy, the ultimate teabag, the ultimate bullying: "if I could win, neither do you". Or even, as I already heard, “we are not going to win, but I do have a key, If you disconnect, I can get the hatch.”.
The answer I've got twice so far from the dev is: “we are sorry, but there is nothing we can do”. Yes, there is. Loads of games have progressive punishment for disconnecting from the game (cs, for instance, 30 minutes, 2 hours if done again in one week, then 24 hours, then 30 days, then 90 days, then you are banned from ranked games if I’m not mistaken). Furthermore, adjust the points received for disconnecting to guarantee the killer AND the remaining survivors the points to at least do not lose rank and get something nice from the bad experience.
The game already is one-sided and everyone knows that. Survivors communicating with each other, the survivor friends, can even watch the game and pass information to everyone. But at least, if the game is played fairly, the killer can sometimes have fun.... but with the DC strategy, which I experience 5 or 6 times in 10 matches, is ruining the objective of the game: to be fun. It is becoming, as tru3t4l3nt says, just a bullying simulator.
If anyone wants to take a look, this is me: https://steamcommunity.com/id/lmcamaya/
Comments
I think if a survivor DCs to let their buddy get the hatch, it should instead start the EGC, power the Exit Gates, and the hatch doesn't open.
Yes, this can be abused, but once DC penalties come into play, they can't abuse things when they are consistently in timeout. 😁
I doubt they will ever implement the penalties, also the survivors husks were promised but I doubt anything will be done.
They already did, the developers took the penalties away because the system was punishing innocent people. 😁
They mentioned later it would comeback once the system is working as intended.
They tested it, I'm doubting they will do it. They said many things thst never happened, dc husks? Gone?
I'm positive the developers will add DC punishments, they already showed us a early version of it.
Why would the developers scrap something they worked so hard on for us? 🙂
Because survivors are unhappy about it, we will see but I'm fairly sure this will not actually happen. We shall see who is right
Yes thank you, I saw that. Still my faith is quite low, I'll be glad if you are right though
I known Peanits for about 2 years, he's a reasonable person and one of the few who I respect the most. He won't lie to the community like that, he knows better. 😁
Survivors dc husks?
Hard agree
It's a matter of priority, this is just me speculating but I believe the developers had a choice at one point.
It was either Survivor DC Husks or DC Penalties.
The developers went with DC penalties, which is a great pick because you won't need DC Husks if you have a good enough system to make DCing non-existent. 😁
I guess we will see :)
If you DC you can't join a new match until the one you DC'd from ends because it essentially keeps you in the match?
What if I'm playing solo survivor and someone dcs when it's just us two? Then what?