Games pretty terrible at the moment to where its hardly any fun.

Survivor issues im having:

  • De-piping for escaping
  • Dying on first hook
  • Spending 3x longer getting into matches than playing
  • Games are way to short to have fun or actually do a game
  • Teammates still quitting without bans
  • everyone is red rank, even those people who cant lead on a chase more than 5seconds, cant hit skill checks, hide most of the match
  • nearly always going against the same killer and perks (boring)
  • killers dodging every lobby with toolboxes or when SWFs join
  • alot of moris

Killer issues im having:

  • Games go very fast against average and higher survivors (holding a button for a gen isnt hard)
  • not allowed to commit to chases (the fun part) or too many gens pop
  • Lack of useful perks
  • keys are insanely strong now gens go slightly faster
  • Forced to slug and tunnel more
  • Survivors quitting ruining the game
  • Auto aim still ridiculous (should be optional)
  • Map RNG, still some insane loops that for most killers would take too long to catch a survivor on (forces you to drop chase every time a survivor runs to it, then they abuse it)
  • just not as fun to play killer, feel limited to perks and killers i can play as
  • Inconsistent games due to rank, sometimes 1 gen gets done all game even if im not playing my best and other games gens fly by even though im "tryharding"

Comments

  • Why are you only saying this now?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Why are you only saying this now?

    Because i dont just instantly like bashing on decisions and changes made to the game, i always try give it a chance first, admittedly the rank system has ruined most of it. way to many people at rank 1/2 who cant do the most basic of things but have been boosted by hooksaves or escapes due to other decent survivor, while they made it easier for casual survivors they made it way harder for casual killers... but its gotten to the point where i dont really enjoy either side much which is a shame

  • Survivor responses:

    1. If you depipped for escaping, you literally did nothing all game.
    2. If people want to struggle and give up, that's up to them. If I go on hook and see people crouching/self caring in a corner, I dip.
    3. This is an indirect result of killers not having fun and leaving.
    4. Also an indirect result of the devs favoring survivors and doing their darndest to make it as easy and fun for them as possible.
    5. Eh. They can't ban people for DCing until literally every bug that forces people to DC is removed. Then we can talk about DC bans.
    6. Yes, this is an issue. Pipping as survivor is way too easy.
    7. Yet another indirect result of what the devs have done. They have essentially eliminated early game plays from most killers. So often you'll see the same...slug build, for example. Or PWYF build.
    8. You can't really blame killers for dodging a lobby full of toolboxes, right now.
    9. I'm at red ranks...I barely see any mori's. I think you're exaggerating.

    Killer responses:

    1. Agreed.
    2. Agreed.
    3. Indifferent. There's plenty of useful perks, the issue is there's more useLESS perks than useful ones.
    4. Keys have been insanely strong and far more common than mori's (which is what they get compared to the most) since the EGC became a thing.
    5. Agreed.
    6. Agreed, but honestly, I'm not bothered when a survivor DC's. That's a win in my eyes.
    7. So much yes.
    8. Thompson House is the worst one I've seen...shack...connected to L wall T wall..connected to Cow Tree...connected to hay bale tile...connected to long wall tile with a pallet...connected to another L wall T wall with a pallet....connected to one of the safe pallets by the house...OOF.
    9. Not just that, but the skill ceiling as a killer is capped. There's only so much you can do, no matter how skilled you are at the game.
    10. Yes, this is an issue.
  • @McLightning said:

    Survivor responses:

    1. If you depipped for escaping, you literally did nothing all game.
    2. If people want to struggle and give up, that's up to them. If I go on hook and see people crouching/self caring in a corner, I dip.
    3. This is an indirect result of killers not having fun and leaving.
    4. Also an indirect result of the devs favoring survivors and doing their darndest to make it as easy and fun for them as possible.
    5. Eh. They can't ban people for DCing until literally every bug that forces people to DC is removed. Then we can talk about DC bans.
    6. Yes, this is an issue. Pipping as survivor is way too easy.
    7. Yet another indirect result of what the devs have done. They have essentially eliminated early game plays from most killers. So often you'll see the same...slug build, for example. Or PWYF build.
    8. You can't really blame killers for dodging a lobby full of toolboxes, right now.
    9. I'm at red ranks...I barely see any mori's. I think you're exaggerating.

    Killer responses:

    1. Agreed.
    2. Agreed.
    3. Indifferent. There's plenty of useful perks, the issue is there's more useLESS perks than useful ones.
    4. Keys have been insanely strong and far more common than mori's (which is what they get compared to the most) since the EGC became a thing.
    5. Agreed.
    6. Agreed, but honestly, I'm not bothered when a survivor DC's. That's a win in my eyes.
    7. So much yes.
    8. Thompson House is the worst one I've seen...shack...connected to L wall T wall..connected to Cow Tree...connected to hay bale tile...connected to long wall tile with a pallet...connected to another L wall T wall with a pallet....connected to one of the safe pallets by the house...OOF.
    9. Not just that, but the skill ceiling as a killer is capped. There's only so much you can do, no matter how skilled you are at the game.
    10. Yes, this is an issue.

    He literally just said why survivors don't have fun either. If anyone is leaving, it's everyone. I'm sick of this "killers are gonna leave and be toxic until fix game" bs. Just for you guys, I'm gonna play like I always have on killer and make my main objective getting 1 kill and 4 stacks of bbq. Entitlement can really kill your enjoyment.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070423#Comment_1070423

    He literally just said why survivors don't have fun either. If anyone is leaving, it's everyone. I'm sick of this "killers are gonna leave and be toxic until fix game" bs. Just for you guys, I'm gonna play like I always have on killer and make my main objective getting 1 kill and 4 stacks of bbq. Entitlement can really kill your enjoyment.

    Yes, "everyone" is leaving. That may well be true, but killers are leaving at a higher frequency. The queue times on both sides are evidence of that.

  • @McLightning said:

    Survivor responses:

    1. If you depipped for escaping, you literally did nothing all game.
    2. If people want to struggle and give up, that's up to them. If I go on hook and see people crouching/self caring in a corner, I dip.
    3. This is an indirect result of killers not having fun and leaving.
    4. Also an indirect result of the devs favoring survivors and doing their darndest to make it as easy and fun for them as possible.
    5. Eh. They can't ban people for DCing until literally every bug that forces people to DC is removed. Then we can talk about DC bans.
    6. Yes, this is an issue. Pipping as survivor is way too easy.
    7. Yet another indirect result of what the devs have done. They have essentially eliminated early game plays from most killers. So often you'll see the same...slug build, for example. Or PWYF build.
    8. You can't really blame killers for dodging a lobby full of toolboxes, right now.
    9. I'm at red ranks...I barely see any mori's. I think you're exaggerating.

    Killer responses:

    1. Agreed.
    2. Agreed.
    3. Indifferent. There's plenty of useful perks, the issue is there's more useLESS perks than useful ones.
    4. Keys have been insanely strong and far more common than mori's (which is what they get compared to the most) since the EGC became a thing.
    5. Agreed.
    6. Agreed, but honestly, I'm not bothered when a survivor DC's. That's a win in my eyes.
    7. So much yes.
    8. Thompson House is the worst one I've seen...shack...connected to L wall T wall..connected to Cow Tree...connected to hay bale tile...connected to long wall tile with a pallet...connected to another L wall T wall with a pallet....connected to one of the safe pallets by the house...OOF.
    9. Not just that, but the skill ceiling as a killer is capped. There's only so much you can do, no matter how skilled you are at the game.
    10. Yes, this is an issue.

    actually you de-pip as red rank when the games are too fast, you either dont get chased enough before the gens are done or you get gens done before you get a good chase... there isnt enough time when your team is actually good. and times arent just due to that but sure it goes towards it. well on DC`s i want 5k+BP to even make it worth waiting 10mins for a game you now cant do anything in, killer or survivor its stupid... and most of the time (on console its quits on first down)

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070433#Comment_1070433

    Yes, "everyone" is leaving. That may well be true, but killers are leaving at a higher frequency. The queue times on both sides are evidence of that.

    Wish I could agree, but there is no proof :/

  • There's about as much proof as your counter claim. More, actually. At least mine makes sense and can be backed up by...you know...things that are actually happening in game, aka queue times.

    Do you have anything to back you up?

    @Stitch7833 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070423#Comment_1070423

    actually you de-pip as red rank when the games are too fast, you either dont get chased enough before the gens are done or you get gens done before you get a good chase... there isnt enough time when your team is actually good. and times arent just due to that but sure it goes towards it. well on DC`s i want 5k+BP to even make it worth waiting 10mins for a game you now cant do anything in, killer or survivor its stupid... and most of the time (on console its quits on first down)

    I'm a rank 1 survivor. Last night, I had a game where I did one generator, took a protection hit and cleansed a totem. I escaped, and I still black pipped. I wasn't chased, nor was I hooked.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070451#Comment_1070451

    There's about as much proof as your counter claim. More, actually. At least mine makes sense and can be backed up by...you know...things that are actually happening in game, aka queue times.

    Do you have anything to back you up?

    What's my argument?

  • @McLightning said:

    Survivor responses:

    1. If you depipped for escaping, you literally did nothing all game.
    2. If people want to struggle and give up, that's up to them. If I go on hook and see people crouching/self caring in a corner, I dip.
    3. This is an indirect result of killers not having fun and leaving.
    4. Also an indirect result of the devs favoring survivors and doing their darndest to make it as easy and fun for them as possible.
    5. Eh. They can't ban people for DCing until literally every bug that forces people to DC is removed. Then we can talk about DC bans.
    6. Yes, this is an issue. Pipping as survivor is way too easy.
    7. Yet another indirect result of what the devs have done. They have essentially eliminated early game plays from most killers. So often you'll see the same...slug build, for example. Or PWYF build.
    8. You can't really blame killers for dodging a lobby full of toolboxes, right now.
    9. I'm at red ranks...I barely see any mori's. I think you're exaggerating.

    Killer responses:

    1. Agreed.
    2. Agreed.
    3. Indifferent. There's plenty of useful perks, the issue is there's more useLESS perks than useful ones.
    4. Keys have been insanely strong and far more common than mori's (which is what they get compared to the most) since the EGC became a thing.
    5. Agreed.
    6. Agreed, but honestly, I'm not bothered when a survivor DC's. That's a win in my eyes.
    7. So much yes.
    8. Thompson House is the worst one I've seen...shack...connected to L wall T wall..connected to Cow Tree...connected to hay bale tile...connected to long wall tile with a pallet...connected to another L wall T wall with a pallet....connected to one of the safe pallets by the house...OOF.
    9. Not just that, but the skill ceiling as a killer is capped. There's only so much you can do, no matter how skilled you are at the game.
    10. Yes, this is an issue.

    Killer #9 is a big problem. Killers can do everything perfect without any mistakes and still lose

  • End of the day the game should be balanced to where at high skilled players get 9 hooks on average, the games should be long so everyone has a chance do to things in the trial. the funnest part of this game is the chases, either role thats the best bit.. you wanna outplay, mindgame etc. not have to dip near every loop or be dipped on early because the killer cant afford to chase. i dont care about escaping, hell i dont even care about pipping iv been rank 1 for both sides for 2 years... i want fun as either role. i want to feel like im matched with people my skill so things are interesting, i want balance so i can see/play different killers with different perks and still enjoy it

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070423#Comment_1070423

    Killer #9 is a big problem. Killers can do everything perfect without any mistakes and still lose

    Really? You know this how? I'm curious.

  • I notice you're all about challenging what people say, but not providing a narrative of your own. I'll just leave you to your own devices.

    @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070423#Comment_1070423

    Killer #9 is a big problem. Killers can do everything perfect without any mistakes and still lose

    Indeed, man.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070470#Comment_1070470

    I notice you're all about challenging what people say, but not providing a narrative of your own. I'll just leave you to your own devices.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070461#Comment_1070461

    Indeed, man.

    Hello? Still waiting to hear what my argument is.

  • @Stitch7833 said:

    End of the day the game should be balanced to where at high skilled players get 9 hooks on average, the games should be long so everyone has a chance do to things in the trial. the funnest part of this game is the chases, either role thats the best bit.. you wanna outplay, mindgame etc. not have to dip near every loop or be dipped on early because the killer cant afford to chase. i dont care about escaping, hell i dont even care about pipping iv been rank 1 for both sides for 2 years... i want fun as either role. i want to feel like im matched with people my skill so things are interesting, i want balance so i can see/play different killers with different perks and still enjoy it

    Indeed man! That's what we all want. :)

  • Ah forgot you could do that ๐Ÿ˜

    Sly dog