Bring old ruin back
Like seriously, your favoritism is showing BIG TIME devs. I just had a generator 85% done ELEVEN SECONDS INTO THE GOD DAMN MATCH!!! "PreSsUre Da GeNs" my ass! How can I pressure a gen when it's nearly done when I reach it from the start of the game. You guys NEVER should have touched ruin, It's given the self centered players a massive ego since they think they are "So GoOd" at the game.
Comments
Calm down my friend. Let's try to put this into a logical argument.
"I would like to have pre-nerf Ruin back because it allowed me a chance at early game slowdown."
Does that sound about right?
That's another way to phrase I suppose.
Then there you go! Yelling and insulting people won't get you what you want. We have to present logical and well-thought out posts.
Yeah but I just had 3 ######### matches in a row because the matchmaking is screwed pitting me against red ranks as well as gens speeds being too damn fast. You can't blame me for being pissed.
No, I cannot blame you for being upset. I would be too. Channel that frustration into something healthier, for example, make a new perk to do what Ruin did, but make it fun and good for everyone.
they clearly said they wont...hopefully they have something in mind to not let dbd die, but I'm starting to highly doubt that
I agree they shouldn't have touched ruin but I don't want it back. Ruin was a band aid that was used to cover a severed limb. It didn't solve anything it was just there to slightly appease the killer community. Now that said band aid is removed it's made things worse because the core issue hasn't been addressed.
Gens get done too fast. Especially with toolboxes.
Not all killers have mobility
No killer can pressure all the gens at the same time because it's 1v4
The way things are lately. The devs are really going to have to kiss ass to keep killers playing this game. People have been saying the game is dead for 2 years but it hasn't actually died. I don't think it will die but the MM is certainly pushing it in that direction.
@Peanits Any update on this? We need old Ruin back or at least increase gen times by 15 seconds each
yeah, the new ruin doesn't slow down early game anymore, and by the time you get to mid/late game it's already gone, so I don't see the point. Devs say it was a "perk that took no skill to use" but at the same time it was still a high risk high reward perk, because it coul either stay up the whole game or be destroyed immediately. I really don't understand why they had to touch it, when survivors could just do bones.
Also, as was mentioned before, the size of maps is a big issue as well. With low mobility killers sometimes a gen is done before you can even find a survivor, just because 3 of them will spawn together on the other side of the map and you just need to slowly walk up to them with your clown.
I think a solution would be changing generator speed times depending on killer you're versing or map you're playing. But I guess that would be too much work and still kind of subjective...
Ive been saying this for awhile. The whole "gens should be affected by which killer is being used" I also think if the killer is currently chasing someone the entity slows down gen repair. The killer is occupied so they can't pressure the other 3 survivors and it would slightly encourage stealth play. If no one is being chased gens are being repaired at normal speeds.