Archives progression rate

I feel like progression in the tome is way too slow.

Even if you do challenges which a lot are egregious in their length anyway sometimes, it takes forever even tier up once sometimes and if you want to keep on top of progression, that is to get at least a tier a day a lot of the time. Some people including myself don't have the time to put in the hours every day to rank up and I feel like it's done like that purposefully so you are pressured into buying more aurics to buy tiers.

I love this game, I have been playing since of flesh and mud and have all the chapters but i'm getting real burnout with the amount of time I feel like I have to put into the game to rank up. I feel like the amount of shards needed to rank up should be halved, have it 5 per tier up, or half the amount of XP needed to get a shard through game play, hell i'd be fine if they made the battle pass a little bit more expensive to get a boost.

I know the devs have to make money but a lot of it seems like greed and maybe it is, maybe it isn't but it just seems like that the more I play.

Comments

  • @kooldude65 said:

    I feel like progression in the tome is way too slow.

    Even if you do challenges which a lot are egregious in their length anyway sometimes, it takes forever even tier up once sometimes and if you want to keep on top of progression, that is to get at least a tier a day a lot of the time. Some people including myself don't have the time to put in the hours every day to rank up and I feel like it's done like that purposefully so you are pressured into buying more aurics to buy tiers.

    I love this game, I have been playing since of flesh and mud and have all the chapters but i'm getting real burnout with the amount of time I feel like I have to put into the game to rank up. I feel like the amount of shards needed to rank up should be halved, have it 5 per tier up, or half the amount of XP needed to get a shard through game play, hell i'd be fine if they made the battle pass a little bit more expensive to get a boost.

    I know the devs have to make money but a lot of it seems like greed and maybe it is, maybe it isn't but it just seems like that the more I play.

    They said they've taken the slowness into account, but I think that means they'll make each tome have more challenges to level it up faster. While I would prefer just faster general leveling (like seriously 12-15 games a day to just complete one level?) I wouldn't mind just getting more points from the challenges.

  • Like in every discussion about that. It is about 2 hours or 6 games per day and it is just about cosmetics, if you can't finish it, you lose nothing. Their average gametime across all players is about 2 hours and therefore it is designed. Some play more, some play less. It would be boring af for a lot of players if everyone could achieve it. I got all the challenges done in the first week, while having to wait another week for the next challenges. I'm fine with it.

    For me there were several challenges in last tome's level 3 and 4 that they reduced too much because they were not difficult, it just took 2 games longer to complete. There were just a few master challenges that were too hard to achieve. But I'm also fine with that.

    @Luigifan64 12 games a day is just necessary to get a level if you don't count in the challenges. The level 1 archive gives you 10 rift tiers as reward, so you have 2 weeks to get 4 tiers to stay on track. Including the time to finish the challenges. And they are designed roughly that the time you need to get the 4 tiers is equal to the time you need to finish all challenges

  • @Deadeye said:

    Like in every discussion about that. It is about 2 hours or 6 games per day and it is just about cosmetics, if you can't finish it, you lose nothing. Their average gametime across all players is about 2 hours and therefore it is designed. Some play more, some play less. It would be boring af for a lot of players if everyone could achieve it. I got all the challenges done in the first week, while having to wait another week for the next challenges. I'm fine with it.

    For me there were several challenges in last tome's level 3 and 4 that they reduced too much because they were not difficult, it just took 2 games longer to complete. There were just a few master challenges that were too hard to achieve. But I'm also fine with that.

    @Luigifan64 12 games a day is just necessary to get a level if you don't count in the challenges. The level 1 archive gives you 10 rift tiers as reward, so you have 2 weeks to get 4 tiers to stay on track. Including the time to finish the challenges. And they are designed roughly that the time you need to get the 4 tiers is equal to the time you need to finish all challenges

    6 games? Lol I wish, it takes 10 games (without tome challenges) to get a single rift shard; but seeing as not every single game you play is a perfect one, you aren't guaranteed a full rift shard. With that in mind, it takes about 12-15 games (including the bonus you get from 1st survivor and 1st killer games) to get one level of the rift done. Granted I have not fully tested this yet seeings as my Rift 1 started off at level 6, but based off of that the challenges don't quite seem to be enough to bolster how long 1 rift tier takes.

  • @Luigifan64 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1063302#Comment_1063302

    6 games? Lol I wish, it takes 10 games (without tome challenges) to get a single rift shard; but seeing as not every single game you play is a perfect one, you aren't guaranteed a full rift shard. With that in mind, it takes about 12-15 games (including the bonus you get from 1st survivor and 1st killer games) to get one level of the rift done. Granted I have not fully tested this yet seeings as my Rift 1 started off at level 6, but based off of that the challenges don't quite seem to be enough to bolster how long 1 rift tier takes.

    XP is just granted by time in the trial. 600 is maximum and I can't remember when I lastly got less than 500. And as I said the 6 games per day is including the challenge bonus. It takes 15 games if you want the 10 fragments in one day. If you split it on 3 days, you need like 4 games per day including the triple bonus for first games. So one rift tier every three days. That means in the 2 weeks, that a level with its 21-22 challenges lasts, you get about 5 tiers by playing 4 games a day. As level 1, also level 2 gives you 10 full rift tiers as reward when completing all challenges. That makes 15 tiers within 14 days, while you only need 14 tiers in 14 days to stay on the average. You have 1 tier buffer for the next level with 4 games a day.

    Assuming you can finish all challenges in 2 weeks with 4 games per day. You have to finish 1.5 challenges per day, having 4 games. There are 2 challenges that need 5 games to finish (the emblem ones) and some escape challenges which could take more games, but also a bunch of challenges that are hard to fail within one match like "Make 10 survivors scream" which apparently includes hitting survivors, "chase 4 different survivors with MnA", "Break Pallets", "Stun killer" or "mark 5 objects". So the bigger problem is actually to get the challenges done within 2 weeks than the XP you get during the time doing that.