Why should I carry on playing the game on it's current state?

I love this game, I trully do, but in the past month every time I came to play my exprience has been horrible

If I play killer I'll play on my hardest just soo I am able to get 2 kills, since the matchmaking has been pairing me with people way over my rank

And if I play survivor I'll find the match too easy since I am matched with killers way belong rank 10

And lately the bugs been getting worse and worse as the dead hard,noed and the rift bug

This is a bit of a rant but I really hope the devs start fixing the main issues at the moment: matchmaking(yes they are fixing in the future, but will remove ranks meaning we are not sure if it's working as intended) bugs, specially the rift bug where I can't progress any more, and a better balance regarding perks like ds and a new alternative to ruin

Comments

  • Even the ranks are broken. I'm currently stuck at rank 1 killer and I shouldn't be anywhere near this rank. My games are so consistently one sided its amazing. I either get destroyed by "real" red ranks or I destroy people who are in my situation (shouldn't be red rank). Kinda just hoping this new match making system is going to fix this because my losses feel crushing and my wins feel shallow. Needless to say its not very fun.

  • @RickJames said:

    Even the ranks are broken. I'm currently stuck at rank 1 killer and I shouldn't be anywhere near this rank. My games are so consistently one sided its amazing. I either get destroyed by "real" red ranks or I destroy people who are in my situation (shouldn't be red rank). Kinda just hoping this new match making system is going to fix this because my losses feel crushing and my wins feel shallow. Needless to say its not very fun.

    Sing to me

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Short answer is you shouldn't: If you don't enjoy the game, then for your mental health alone, you shouldn't play it.

    Long Answer: If people leave the game because of bad changes, it would (hopefully) encourage BHVR to listen to the community's concerns more, and work to do better. Such as maybe doing more than balancing 1 map every 6 months with full map reworks and working on the actual health of the game.

    Who knows, Maybe the 40+ bugs killers have (among other bugs that effect both sides such as the "stuck being healed" bug for survivors and maybe things like a PROPER OPTIONS MENU) will start FINALLY being addressed for once.

    The population in the game is allready decreasing as speak, even with the free week the player count is decreasing

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059350#Comment_1059350

    It's not decreasing (yet), but it is remaining stagnant. But it will decrease if BHVR doesn't give what the game needs soon to breathe some life in it. Many players are indeed unhappy with the game. "See you next week" on quitting threads aside, unhappy people won't stick with the game as soon as they find the next thing that interests them.

    Doesn't even have to be a new game either. I've just gone back to playing Payday 2 again with friends and have been having a whale of a time.

    I still play DBD, but where it used to be daily for hours with friends is slowly turning into a match or two every couple days. I've become increasingly more dissatisfied with the game. Yet funny thing is I still find a ton of success as killer even with the Ruin changes.

    The rift is way to grindy for what it offers. They threw the contest winners cosmetics into the rift when I feel they should of just given them to every player for free. The Devs are getting greedy and we let them.

  • Simple.

    You don't. Find other games to distract you from this dumpster fire.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059350#Comment_1059350

    It's not decreasing (yet), but it is remaining stagnant. But it will decrease if BHVR doesn't give what the game needs soon to breathe some life in it. Many players are indeed unhappy with the game. "See you next week" on quitting threads aside, unhappy people won't stick with the game as soon as they find the next thing that interests them.

    Doesn't even have to be a new game either. I've just gone back to playing Payday 2 again with friends and have been having a whale of a time.

    I just bought dmc 4 soo I might as well play it

    Used to play dbd for 3-4 hours a day

    Now I play like once a week if I am feeling it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059390#Comment_1059390

    Well, you're doing better than I've been doing. I think I played 3~4 hours in the past 30 days.

    Half of that time was spent waiting in lobbies, of course.

    I'll most likely end up dropping the game come march 13th provided Nioh 2 isn't delayed or a flop. I've always enjoyed what the Souls genre created so I like to play those kinda games. I enjoyed DBD because it gave me a new game, but with that same taste of it's pointless to argue lvl because meta perk build or perkless you can still play the game and win in your skill alone.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059390#Comment_1059390

    Well, you're doing better than I've been doing. I think I played 3~4 hours in the past 30 days.

    Half of that time was spent waiting in lobbies, of course.

    I haven't played it at all in 42 days.

  • You stop playing they drag your name all over the place you don't care anymore

    No mo no mo no mo no mo

  • If you're not having fun, stop playing. It's that easy.

  • More echo chambers yayyy

    Tbh I do agree though. If matchmaking ruins your experience you should stop playing while it's in this broken state.

  • The DEVs don't seem to be focusing on making fixes. They haven't released any Q&As or videos reassuring us they're noticing the rift this game has created between Killers and survivors, making the game toxic and too stressful to be a game we play for fun and a stress relief. Until the DEVs release confirmation they recognize the issues and are working on them. I wouldn't play. The DEVs will jump into action once they realize their game is becoming more of a money drain than a source of it. They want money and if we stop playing they'll have to fix the issues we say need major changings to, or they won't get any of that money they're looking so forward to.