I expect because the killer-survivor distribution isn't 50:50, it's 20:80 (or should be), and the devs would prefer to encourage more people to play survivor than killer for the sake of keeping queue times low.
I expect because the killer-survivor distribution isn't 50:50, it's 20:80 (or should be), and the devs would prefer to encourage more people to play survivor than killer for the sake of keeping queue times low.
That's the problem, queue times are slower on survivors, putting more survivor challenges would only make things worse.
That's the problem, queue times are slower on survivors, putting more survivor challenges would only make things worse.
Survivor queue times weren't a problem when those challenges were designed, remember. And they aren't necessarily a problem everywhere. Personally, I find survivor queue times to be either longer or shorter than killer queues depending on the time of day.
I expect because the killer-survivor distribution isn't 50:50, it's 20:80 (or should be), and the devs would prefer to encourage more people to play survivor than killer for the sake of keeping queue times low.
Survivor queue times weren't a problem when those challenges were designed, remember. And they aren't necessarily a problem everywhere. Personally, I find survivor queue times to be either longer or shorter than killer queues depending on the time of day.
Yup.
My survivors ques atleast like 2 days ago were almost instant!
Problem people keep forgetting about (when talk about 2:8 ratio) is you need all 10 at the same time to work. Killer does his ONE quest, 4 survs do their ONE quest, now there ONE more killer quest to go and SEVEN survivor quests. So, at which point there will be not enough killer quests? Basically, after another quest killers will switch to survs to do quests while other survs still not done with theirs.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I expect because the killer-survivor distribution isn't 50:50, it's 20:80 (or should be), and the devs would prefer to encourage more people to play survivor than killer for the sake of keeping queue times low.
That's the problem, queue times are slower on survivors, putting more survivor challenges would only make things worse.
Survivor queue times weren't a problem when those challenges were designed, remember. And they aren't necessarily a problem everywhere. Personally, I find survivor queue times to be either longer or shorter than killer queues depending on the time of day.
hmmm. I just give up the archives.
@DEVS
20:80 is not an exact ratio.
Yup.
My survivors ques atleast like 2 days ago were almost instant!
My average survivor que time is around 10 to 15 minutes. I'm lucky if I can get one in 5.
Problem people keep forgetting about (when talk about 2:8 ratio) is you need all 10 at the same time to work. Killer does his ONE quest, 4 survs do their ONE quest, now there ONE more killer quest to go and SEVEN survivor quests. So, at which point there will be not enough killer quests? Basically, after another quest killers will switch to survs to do quests while other survs still not done with theirs.
So logic isnt here.