Change to Gens
What if they made Totems spawn in more secret places, and tie it to gen speeds. Each Totem slows gen speeds by 3-5%, and braking them removes the gen speed reduction. However, braking a Totem will stack a debuff to braking other Totems by the 3-5%, basically transferring the debuff to the Totems. This would make Hex perks better, make survivors actually have a reason to brake totems, and not just force survivors to do gens longer.
Although, I think gen speed should be a little faster if they brake all the 5 totems. For example, 4 totem brakes will make a gen take 80 seconds to complete, what it is now, but braking another totem will make it take something like 75-70 seconds.
This is just something I thought of, probably not a good idea, but I thought it would be a unique solution to gen speeds. Tell me what you guys think, and tell me what could change to actually make this work.
Comments
Games are heavily in the killer's favor - especially in red ranks.
Changing totem spawns and tying generator speeds together with totems would be a bad idea, as that would make Detective's Hunch useless to the long generator time.
break
This would actually be pretty good for making gen rushing weaker.
To the OP, that would be an interesting idea for a Hex. Tying Gens to totems by themselves wouldn't fly, but a Hex with a similar effect? That would be interesting.
Ahhh, that was my job :(
Ahhh, that was my job :(
I would prefer a base game fix than another band-aid fix through DLC perks.
O, believe me, so would I. But we've seen how slow the team is to make any type of change to the maps. And I highly doubt any changes to toolboxes will be significant. But it's still fun to come up with new perks.
I think the devs are done releasing hex perks that solve all your anxieties about playing killer.