Why are killer adepts harder than survivor adepts?

Not sure if it’s just me but I feel like it’s highly slack that killer adepts are way more harder for killers whereas all you have to do as a survivor is escape with the 3 unique perks.

Ever since the original rank changes it’s been almost impossible for lower rank killers to achieve adept achievements whereas the survivor ones are easy regardless of rank.

Should the achievements be obtainable like they used to be (sacrifice/kill all survivors with a killer’s 3 unique perks)? I’m just annoyed because it’s so toxic when you’re rank 1 killer trying to get adepts.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • just wait til you try killers with 1 hit downs..

    or nurse

  • @Hopesfall that’s not really the point of this post. But I’m talking about overall balance of achievements.

  • @Peanits has the team ever had a discussion on this? It’s such a major difference and I feel like change is needed. It’s almost unbearable playing leatherface against red rank survivors in the hopes that I’ll actually unlock the achievements after 100 attempts.

  • It is pretty stupid that a survivor could do literally nothing the entire game, not even pip but just get the achievement/trophy by leaving the game alive. Where killers are judged based on how the entity was pleased and their overall emblem score, which, most times is not impressed.

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    @Peanits has the team ever had a discussion on this? It’s such a major difference and I feel like change is needed. It’s almost unbearable playing leatherface against red rank survivors in the hopes that I’ll actually unlock the achievements after 100 attempts.

    It's definitely still open to discussion. We never actually changed the achievements themselves, they're still based on a Merciless Victory; it's just the definition of a Merciless Victory that changed. I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them.

  • @Mikeasaurus I honestly couldn’t say it any better. It plays with my mind so bad! If they don’t decrease the difficulty for killer adepts they should at least raise the difficulty for survivors such as getting 4 iridescent emblems with a survivors 3 unique perks OR not getting hooked the whole game (although this would most likely encourage survivors to hide in the basement and wait for everyone to die for a hatch escape)

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051108#Comment_1051108

    It's definitely still open to discussion. We never actually changed the achievements themselves, they're still based on a Merciless Victory; it's just the definition of a Merciless Victory that changed. I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them.

    Please do, pretty much the only way i or anyone of rank would ever be able to get them, would be to derank to 20 so that it's easier to pip and you're playing noobs. Should just have the condition be a 4k with the killers three perks.

  • @Peanits thanks for the prompt response to my post. Although a merciless victory at rank one is very difficult! I know they’re achievements for a reason but I still believe overall balance needs to be addressed even in just achievements.

  • At the very least change the Survivor one to a double pip, still would be harder on killer but more comparable.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051108#Comment_1051108

    It's definitely still open to discussion. We never actually changed the achievements themselves, they're still based on a Merciless Victory; it's just the definition of a Merciless Victory that changed. I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them.

    Since the plan is to make rank useless, wouldnt it be possible to just make it so that 4 kills = guaranteed Merciless? You would solve most issues with Killer Adepts like this.

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    @Mikeasaurus I honestly couldn’t say it any better. It plays with my mind so bad! If they don’t decrease the difficulty for killer adepts they should at least raise the difficulty for survivors such as getting 4 iridescent emblems with a survivors 3 unique perks OR not getting hooked the whole game (although this would most likely encourage survivors to hide in the basement and wait for everyone to die for a hatch escape)

    I agree. One thing that I do feel makes the killers version a lot tougher is that some of their perks now are kind of useless, especially when you can't combo them to others for a synergy and survivors have so many new perks to work with. Of course, that's not to say you need perks to win or anything, but we can't deny that perks do give us an advantage.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051122#Comment_1051122

    Please do, pretty much the only way i or anyone of rank would ever be able to get them, would be to derank to 20 so that it's easier to pip and you're playing noobs. Should just have the condition be a 4k with the killers three perks.

    I thought of doing the same. But I didn’t want to run the risk of getting banned. :-(

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051137#Comment_1051137

    I thought of doing the same. But I didn’t want to run the risk of getting banned. :-(

    You cannot get banned for deranking, farming, etc.

  • Yes. But to depip quickly I have heard stories of friends disconnecting from every game to quickly lose a pip and then eventually being banned.

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051151#Comment_1051151

    Yes. But to depip quickly I have heard stories of friends disconnecting from every game to quickly lose a pip and then eventually being banned.

    I'd be surprised if that is true. Dcing is frowned upon but to my knowledge not bannable

  • Here are my biggest reasons as to why:

    1. Most Survivors, excepting people like Quentin or Yui, have at least one really good adept Perk (Unbreakable, Decisive, Adrenaline, etc.) meanwhile, most Killers' teachable Perks are just ass.
    2. Survivors have the same abilities across the board, meanwhile Killers have different powers and base stats. Playing a low-tier Killer will make getting their adept achievement significantly harder.
    3. Survivors only need to escape for their Adept achievement, regardless of how good they did emblems-wise. Meanwhile, regardless of how completely they dominated, Killers have to double pip to get their Adept achievement—and for someone like Plague, who is notorious for being easily able to depip with a 4k, that's quite a threshold to surpass.
  • @Hopesfall said:

    just wait til you try killers with 1 hit downs..

    or nurse

    That won't give you the adept achievement since you havent been chasing them for so long

  • @Dahliasdollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051097#Comment_1051097

    That won't give you the adept achievement since you havent been chasing them for so long

    not sure what you mean

    i was just foreshadowing 1 hit down killers are punished in the adept quest because of the Chaser emblem

    and Nurse is .. a bit harder now

    i personally have them all

  • I still don’t think it’s balanced when it comes to killers unfortunately and I think I’ll just have to live with that

  • I cant count the number of 4k games I've had but not gotten them as the killers. It's horrible and so many people just dc If they get rolled

  • @emptyCups said:

    I cant count the number of 4k games I've had but not gotten them as the killers. It's horrible and so many people just dc If they get rolled

    Honestly I’m guilty of that sometimes. I become SO close to getting a merciless victory and then a survivor disconnects which infuriates me and I might disconnect too.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051108#Comment_1051108

    It's definitely still open to discussion. We never actually changed the achievements themselves, they're still based on a Merciless Victory; it's just the definition of a Merciless Victory that changed. I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them.

    Im not but i have 3 left, The chainsaw bros and plague who i dont own yet. Im just sayin it would be a ######### if it was changed right after i got the last one i need lol

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052257#Comment_1052257

    Honestly I’m guilty of that sometimes. I become SO close to getting a merciless victory and then a survivor disconnects which infuriates me and I might disconnect too.

    The only reason I got it on my trapper because played dumb and they tried to tease and farm me

    All while I led them to the basement... where I spent the first 5 gens laying every trap in the map down

    And got them all when I flipped on them last second

  • @VoodooChild said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051122#Comment_1051122

    Im not but i have 3 left, The chainsaw bros and plague who i dont own yet. Im just sayin it would be a ######### if it was changed right after i got the last one i need lol

    majority of veteran players unlocked the achievement when it was easier (only required 4 kills) so it wouldn’t be much of a detriment.


    i only need bubbas, plague, and onis.


    I feel your pain though. I became rank 1 killer after weeks only to see my friends unlock it due to the recent achievement bug.... :/

    I had it on my old account though :)

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052262#Comment_1052262

    The only reason I got it on my trapper because played dumb and they tried to tease and farm me

    All while I led them to the basement... where I spent the first 5 gens laying every trap in the map down

    And got them all when I flipped on them last second

    Hahaha that my sir, is sneaky as heck!

  • Almo has commented on this topic before and explained the situation. Basically, they can't change the achievements themselves because Microsoft and Sony won't let them (although Valve won't care). They could change the requirements for a Merciless Victory again, which is something he would like to look into at some stage, it's just not high priority right now.

    achievement-changes.PNG achievement-changes-2.PNG
  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052264#Comment_1052264

    majority of veteran players unlocked the achievement when it was easier (only required 4 kills) so it wouldn’t be much of a detriment.

    i only need bubbas, plague, and onis.

    I feel your pain though. I became rank 1 killer after weeks only to see my friends unlock it due to the recent achievement bug.... :/

    I had it on my old account though :)

    ….what achievement bug. I mean it would be kind of cheap to get achievements through a glitch, but on the other hand ive played so many perfect games as bubba and not gotten it yet, which is also in a way kind of cheap if you think about it lol

    Oh also im on xbox so im not sure it was ever just a 4k for us but im not for sure, only been playing half a year

  • @Fibijean said:

    Almo has commented on this topic before and explained the situation. Basically, they can't change the achievements themselves because Microsoft and Sony won't let them (although Valve won't care). They could change the requirements for a Merciless Victory again, which is something he would like to look into at some stage, it's just not high priority right now.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/873/P35F33QDRYS6.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/433/G0PFQASWIEB9.png

    Thanks for the heads up and feedback. I feel as if they definitely SHOULD change/revert the Merciless victory requirements and killers may feel a little less punished.

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052286#Comment_1052286

    Thanks for the heads up and feedback. I feel as if they definitely SHOULD change/revert the Merciless victory requirements and killers may feel a little less punished.

    That's true, it might help people to feel a bit better about recent changes. Who knows, maybe we'll see an overhaul of the victory system along with the new matchmaking 🤷

  • @VoodooChild said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052280#Comment_1052280

    ….what achievement bug. I mean it would be kind of cheap to get achievements through a glitch, but on the other hand ive played so many perfect games as bubba and not gotten it yet, which is also in a way kind of cheap if you think about it lol

    Oh also im on xbox so im not sure it was ever just a 4k for us but im not for sure, only been playing half a year

    all my friends unlocked rank one, 5, & 10 killer and survivor for randomly playing one game as killer and survivor and some of them were even rank 20’s.


    interesting about the “perfect games” though. I find it tormenting playing as bubba trying to get his adept... 100 games later

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052294#Comment_1052294

    That's true, it might help people to feel a bit better about recent changes. Who knows, maybe we'll see an overhaul of the victory system along with the new matchmaking 🤷

    I don’t mind matchmaking. I don’t know why everyone complains about it. Maybe because I started this game in the BETA on my old account where you’d be matched with all ranks from around the world from what I remember.

    A new victory system would be nice seeing as the new changes make the end game feel “quashed”

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052297#Comment_1052297

    I don’t mind matchmaking. I don’t know why everyone complains about it. Maybe because I started this game in the BETA on my old account where you’d be matched with all ranks from around the world from what I remember.

    A new victory system would be nice seeing as the new changes make the end game feel “quashed”

    I don't have huge issues with it, I take a very casual "you win some, you lose some" attitude to the game most of the tiem. But some people take it very seriously, and they don't like feeling like they were set up to fail. And admittedly, it's generally more fun to play against an opponent with whom you're more or less evenly matched.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052303#Comment_1052303

    I don't have huge issues with it, I take a very casual "you win some, you lose some" attitude to the game most of the tiem. But some people take it very seriously, and they don't like feeling like they were set up to fail. And admittedly, it's generally more fun to play against an opponent with whom you're more or less evenly matched.

    Interesting comment there. I do take that attitude in-games as well but when people want to get an achievement they want to be able to obtain it.

    i find it irritatingly hard at red ranks and feel as if they’re not as achievable as survivor adepts. I think the only thing that’s good about them at the moment is that they’re a challenge. But both sides are far from balanced


    But I still hold my opinion about the emblem system... it is odd and feels awkward as opposed to the survivor emblems and I hope we see some sort of change in the future to encourage killers to keep playing

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052290#Comment_1052290

    all my friends unlocked rank one, 5, & 10 killer and survivor for randomly playing one game as killer and survivor and some of them were even rank 20’s.

    interesting about the “perfect games” though. I find it tormenting playing as bubba trying to get his adept... 100 games later

    When i play for adapt i lead the survivors on long chases, i make sure to RUN from the hook, i kick gens, break pallets, and the most important thing i fee like, get 9 hooks. I have a pretty decent method and it got me a couple killers adapt on my first games (Both Demo and Oni day one as well as my first games with freddy and pig (not counting offering games) For other killers that took my a long time, i understood what went wrong. With Bubba i feel like everything goes perfect.....and nothing! But also i dont have hillbilly and people seem to think hes the easiest to get. I haven't tried nearly as much as i have with Bubba tho but still, im wondering if the insta downs are to blame

    Also im pretty positive there are no achievements for rank on xbox. Weird

  • @VoodooChild said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052298#Comment_1052298

    When i play for adapt i lead the survivors on long chases, i make sure to RUN from the hook, i kick gens, break pallets, and the most important thing i fee like, get 9 hooks. I have a pretty decent method and it got me a couple killers adapt on my first games (Both Demo and Oni day one as well as my first games with freddy and pig (not counting offering games) For other killers that took my a long time, i understood what went wrong. With Bubba i feel like everything goes perfect.....and nothing! But also i dont have hillbilly and people seem to think hes the easiest to get. I haven't tried nearly as much as i have with Bubba tho but still, im wondering if the insta downs are to blame

    Also im pretty positive there are no achievements for rank on xbox. Weird

    Interesting... you seem like a better killer than me lol. But I just want balance really. Maybe in the future.


    I’ve never played console so I wouldn’t know either!

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052310#Comment_1052310

    Interesting comment there. I do take that attitude in-games as well but when people want to get an achievement they want to be able to obtain it.

    i find it irritatingly hard at red ranks and feel as if they’re not as achievable as survivor adepts. I think the only thing that’s good about them at the moment is that they’re a challenge. But both sides are far from balanced

    But I still hold my opinion about the emblem system... it is odd and feels awkward as opposed to the survivor emblems and I hope we see some sort of change in the future to encourage killers to keep playing

    Sorry, I should have been clearer, my comment was referring to the matchmaking issues that you mentioned.

    When it comes to achievements, I agree with you, although I'd rather see the devs focus on improving the game than fixing the achievements if they have to prioritise one over the other.

    The emblem system is awful for both sides. I'm personally really looking forward to the matchmaking changes, if only because there's no way it could get any worse.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052325#Comment_1052325

    Sorry, I should have been clearer, my comment was referring to the matchmaking issues that you mentioned.

    When it comes to achievements, I agree with you, although I'd rather see the devs focus on improving the game than fixing the achievements if they have to prioritise one over the other.

    The emblem system is awful for both sides. I'm personally really looking forward to the matchmaking changes, if only because there's no way it could get any worse.

    its cool. I totally agree with you there. But then again a lot of components in DBD are linked.


    hopefully we see updates very quickly as I feel like this game is a wound that needs healing at the moment in some aspects

  • @Bloodwebs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052326#Comment_1052326

    Interesting... you seem like a better killer than me lol. But I just want balance really. Maybe in the future.

    I’ve never played console so I wouldn’t know either!

    Honestly i think i just get lucky lol, every single time im praying that the achievement pops