Changes to Doctor Static Blast

Static blast is better than I gave it credit save for a couple issues:

1) Incorporate this sound effect somehow https://youtu.be/f2PDTVmcM9c

2) shave 10 seconds off the cooldown

3) add very light regression to generators in the bast zone to signify electrical damage

Using it should feel like this

https://youtu.be/9M7iFh1fUiM?t=00m09s

Comments

  • It already takes absolutely 0 skill to use Static Blast and paired with Distressing it reveals the position of every survivor that's not shown by BBQ (unless they use lockers).

  • When paired with Distressing this would be overpowering. I do not support this change.

    I'm gonna tell you, a fellow killer, the same thing I tell survivors - let the change settle in first before you start suggesting changes.

  • 1% gen regression would be nice just so it never feels wasted. Cooldown is pretty low as is.

  • @Eye66 said:

    Static blast is better than I gave it credit save for a couple issues:

    1) Incorporate this sound effect somehow https://youtu.be/f2PDTVmcM9c

    2) shave 10 seconds off the cooldown

    3) add very light regression to generators in the bast zone to signify electrical damage

    Using it should feel like this

    https://youtu.be/9M7iFh1fUiM?t=00m09s

    I only agree with and like #1.


    Other than that, Doc's power is magnificent and I love it ๐Ÿ˜‹

  • @oke said:

    It already takes absolutely 0 skill to use Static Blast and paired with Distressing it reveals the position of every survivor that's not shown by BBQ (unless they use lockers).

    If the first blast misses you're screwed, plus running whispers fills a spot that you need for something stronger

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    1% gen regression would be nice just so it never feels wasted. Cooldown is pretty low as is.

    I was thinking like 2-4 but that's probably fine

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044518#Comment_1044518

    If the first blast misses you're screwed, plus running whispers fills a spot that you need for something stronger

    no need for whispers, run discordance or simply use your brain and only use the blast when you see someone or hear a gen. the blast is frankly ridiculous anyways, due to there being almost no counterplay except lockers it is so annoying to play against that it promotes gen rushing opposed to going for the save.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    When paired with Distressing this would be overpowering. I do not support this change.

    I'm gonna tell you, a fellow killer, the same thing I tell survivors - let the change settle in first before you start suggesting changes.

    I doubt it'd be overpowering, I'd go with 'Threatening'. Distressing kinda takes up space you need for other stuff now so there'd be more risk with using distressing.

  • @oke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044666#Comment_1044666

    no need for whispers, run discordance or simply use your brain and only use the blast when you see someone or hear a gen. the blast is frankly ridiculous anyways, due to there being almost no counterplay except lockers it is so annoying to play against that it promotes gen rushing opposed to going for the save.

    This makes no sense to me but whatever. I've been using BBQ, Brutal Strength, Overcharge and Unnerving Presence. Doc is probably the only killer Unnerving is good on and I hate how so many killers play the same, so I'll try riskier builds. Plus good survivors know about discordance and figure out you've got it real fast

  • If we wanted to be really hardcore then instead of those silly "backwards skillchecks" have the queen addon make the blast apply Overcharge to all gens in range

  • lol what did i just read


    nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8

  • @oke said:

    lol what did i just read

    nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8

    I'm mostly serious, that's how I play doc.

  • Please, let's give the doc even more powers...

  • as a doc player you should be plenty satisfied with the patch, doc is top tier now, no question, you can literally counter stealth (except lockers, they are a thing, but totally underused vs doc) and every ordinaly pallet loop and even most window loops for free and are still crying for buffs? i'm sorry but i can't take you seriously

  • @oke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044741#Comment_1044741

    as a doc player you should be plenty satisfied with the patch, doc is top tier now, no question, you can literally counter stealth (except lockers, they are a thing, but totally underused vs doc) and every ordinaly pallet loop and even most window loops for free and are still crying for buffs? i'm sorry but i can't take you seriously

    They are the most very minor of buffs (and I want that sound)

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044751#Comment_1044751

    They are the most very minor of buffs (and I want that sound)

    i don't care about sounds whatsoever but free overcharge on multiple gens without having to traverse them to kick them is not a minor buff, nor is 10s less cooldown a minor buff.

  • Doctor is fine as is. As for the sound change, just because you would like that sound doesn't mean everyone will.

  • @oke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044666#Comment_1044666

    no need for whispers, run discordance or simply use your brain and only use the blast when you see someone or hear a gen. the blast is frankly ridiculous anyways, due to there being almost no counterplay except lockers it is so annoying to play against that it promotes gen rushing opposed to going for the save.

    I'd rather just run Whispers, tbh. No need to use any guesswork when I can just have a perk do it all for me with a 100% accuracy rate. :P

  • @oke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044757#Comment_1044757

    i don't care about sounds whatsoever but free overcharge on multiple gens without having to traverse them to kick them is not a minor buff, nor is 10s less cooldown a minor buff.

    It's like what, 50 seconds? That's quite a lot. Also overcharge blast was 96% joke

  • @Schmierbach said:

    Doctor is fine as is. As for the sound change, just because you would like that sound doesn't mean everyone will.

    I'd uninstall with that sound

  • Why do we hate fun so much

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    1% gen regression would be nice just so it never feels wasted. Cooldown is pretty low as is.

    It's almost a minute long cooldown


    Myres t3 is a minute long.


    Your telling me that one use of having a scream notification on screen and raising a tier of madness that can be easily removed is more powerful than applying th exposed effect, having a longer lunge and a faster vault for 60s?.


    Its way too long. Then again. So is legions. And maybe you could argue spirits. Or nurses. Or onis. Or demogorgons. (the point here is that docs cooldown is too long and we have way too many killers who's power is on a cooldown)

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044564#Comment_1044564

    It's almost a minute long cooldown

    Myres t3 is a minute long.

    Your telling me that one use of having a scream notification on screen and raising a tier of madness that can be easily removed is more powerful than applying th exposed effect, having a longer lunge and a faster vault for 60s?.

    Its way too long. Then again. So is legions. And maybe you could argue spirits. Or nurses. Or onis. Or demogorgons. (the point here is that docs cooldown is too long and we have way too many killers who's power is on a cooldown)

    An instant tier up and action interrupt seems strong to me, but I could understand a 3-5 second reduction.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048255#Comment_1048255

    An instant tier up and action interrupt seems strong to me, but I could understand a 3-5 second reduction.

    While it does seem strong that's no where as strong as an evil within 3