Thoughts of a Noob

So I've been playing this game for 40 hours now, which I know means nothing in this community besides "Hey look you sort of understand what to do now". 20 of which was spent on survivor, and the other 20 on killer, naturally leaning towards killer because doing gens all day is just boring.

I've hit green ranks on both and have started to find myself in purple - Red ranked games, which is super frustrating because I have garbage perks (Again just started playing and have like, the blood point teachable's and some stuff from the shrine) so I get absolutely dumpster-ed on both ends.

I know that DBD's match making is a joke and is fairly unfix-able, but ill be honest if ranking up was a lot harder, it might not be so bad. It took me roughly 2 weeks of honest play to hit greens, and that is without try-harding every match. However now that I'm trying to purposefully get the most blood points possible (Slugging, BBQ, Doctor, Distressing) I'm finding my rank is climbing faster then I can learn mechanics.

Maybe if blood points were easier or I didn't need roughly 400k of them just to begin playing a killer I want to try out in the current meta and rank, I might find it more tolerable. But as it stands I'm 40 hours in and about to quit now because really it seems to get worse not better.

Comments

  • Yeah the bad matchmaking plus tome is probably why you're having such a hard time. Rank reset is the 13th of next month but I suggest you try to do some survivor games to destress from the killer ones. Or just takd a break from the game. That's what I do and it's what the devs suggest as odd as that sounds.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    Yeah the bad matchmaking plus tome is probably why you're having such a hard time. Rank reset is the 13th of next month but I suggest you try to do some survivor games to destress from the killer ones. Or just takd a break from the game. That's what I do and it's what the devs suggest as odd as that sounds.

    Ill be honest, Survivor games make me feel even worse, because instead of the frustration of being sprint bursted, dead harded and looped. Its boredom holding M1 on a Gen for a minute then moving away the moment the killer decides to check it, loop, then return to it. repeat 3 times over, move to the exit gates, and leave, occasionally getting hooked or chased in between.

    A break seems like a good idea, which is weird since I started playing this to get away from the games I was taking a break from (LOL, D2, Terraria, Darksouls 3).

  • @Torchlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1041763#Comment_1041763

    Ill be honest, Survivor games make me feel even worse, because instead of the frustration of being sprint bursted, dead harded and looped. Its boredom holding M1 on a Gen for a minute then moving away the moment the killer decides to check it, loop, then return to it. repeat 3 times over, move to the exit gates, and leave, occasionally getting hooked or chased in between.

    A break seems like a good idea, which is weird since I started playing this to get away from the games I was taking a break from (LOL, D2, Terraria, Darksouls 3).

    Yeah a break so early does seem weird but until matchmaking is fixed so you can actually level your killers to be useful it's better than the needless stress of being genrushed or looped into oblivion.

  • @Torchlight said:

    So I've been playing this game for 40 hours now, which I know means nothing in this community besides "Hey look you sort of understand what to do now". 20 of which was spent on survivor, and the other 20 on killer, naturally leaning towards killer because doing gens all day is just boring.

    I've hit green ranks on both and have started to find myself in purple - Red ranked games, which is super frustrating because I have garbage perks (Again just started playing and have like, the blood point teachable's and some stuff from the shrine) so I get absolutely dumpster-ed on both ends.

    I know that DBD's match making is a joke and is fairly unfix-able, but ill be honest if ranking up was a lot harder, it might not be so bad. It took me roughly 2 weeks of honest play to hit greens, and that is without try-harding every match. However now that I'm trying to purposefully get the most blood points possible (Slugging, BBQ, Doctor, Distressing) I'm finding my rank is climbing faster then I can learn mechanics.

    Maybe if blood points were easier or I didn't need roughly 400k of them just to begin playing a killer I want to try out in the current meta and rank, I might find it more tolerable. But as it stands I'm 40 hours in and about to quit now because really it seems to get worse not better.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_tnv_kGfyds

    Watch that video, it was uploaded today, I just hope "the future" isn't that fking far away lmfao