There should always be a path through the archives which doesn't require you to buy dlc

I personally don't think it's fair for players to pick up the game and be at a disadvantage in completing the rift by having to own certain dlcs to complete certain challenges.

I think there should be a path on all levels of the rift which enable you to complete the archive (get to the reward) without having to buy dlc.

Any dlc required challenges should in my opinion be the challenges which branch off of the main paths.

The state of the current archive isn't too bad but as the Devs use up all the original characters they'll have to go into dlc characters for their challenges.

I just don't want to see a path which forces me to buy dlc to complete a challenge (I own all the dlc but new players will be faced with another paywall if they want to complete the rift and complete the archives).

I don't want to see a choice of 3 challenges which you need to complete to complete the archives for example require Freddy's dream pallets used, Legions deep wound a total amount of times or use inner strength a certain amount of times.

On a side note I think the current challenges seems very uninspired. Only 3 or 4 challenges are interesting. Most are to basically just run this perk and win or get this many emblems.

I hope they can figure out how to make some more out of the box and unique challenges which I find interesting because the current ones seem kinda plain.

Clarification- Using up original characters too soon might force dlc characters to be used more.

I don't want to see future rifts filled with challenges which require dlc.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • There is a path that doesn't require you to buy DLC.

    They even said DLC perks will be in the shrine during the rift to accommodate.

  • There are no character specific challenges on the main path, unless you're referring to the last archive. Also licensed characters would never appear in the archives since they're licensed, so you won't have to run Freddy or Inner Strength.

  • None of the dlc characters are required to get through the archives. Maybe to 100% it, but not to get through it. The devs even said in the stream that they're making sure all character specific challenges can be circumvented.

  • I never understood why they don’t just get the base characters and free dlc characters first and then move onto the rest. I have the dlc so it doesn’t matter to me but it just makes it harder then it already is for new people to progress and join in on everything.

    @ReallyBigShoe said:

    There is a path that doesn't require you to buy DLC.

    They even said DLC perks will be in the shrine during the rift to accommodate.

    Perks don’t matter if a challenge says “as Jane Romero, Spirit“ etc.

  • Honestly kinda wish you could still get rift fragments even after a tome ends

  • Well there is. The only ones that require DLC are put on the side lines so you will still be able to get to the end even without the DLC.

  • @xCarrie said:

    I never understood why they don’t just get the base characters and free dlc characters first and then move onto the rest. I have the dlc so it doesn’t matter to me but it just makes it harder then it already is for new people to progress and join in on everything.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1041512#Comment_1041512

    Perks don’t matter if a challenge says “as Jane Romero, Spirit“ etc.

    Those "as jane romero" and spirit challenges are not required to complete either the tome, or the rift. You can go around them.

  • You can complete the rift and tome without purchasing dlc as those characters are on side paths, but if you want the lore then you'll need to purchase the characters.