Mindbreaker Usage

Just like my "Furtive Chase Usage" discussion...

How are you putting this Perk to use?

I'm having trouble.


I always figured it'd be nice to deny people Sprint Burst when i'm uncloaking so i have an easier time landing the super-lunge, but with the decline of popularity of SB, it's not worth to equip a Perk just for that anymore.

Any other use i haven't found yet: Dead Hard is only for the Injured, and the 3-second limit isn't near enough to deny DH.

And for the other Exhaustion Perks, it's pretty much always a no.

Rarely i deny a Lithe because they want a nearby window immediately, but that's it, and that's not enough.


So again: How are you putting this Perk to use?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Adept Demogorgon.

  • When doing stupid things with Legion

  • mindbreaker is honestly insultingly bad, its just a cascade of bs.

    I think its called mindbreaker because it breaks the mind how anyone could come up with it in this state.

    Honestly.....

    Screw it, let me explain:\

    1. I flatout tells survivors mindbreaker is in effect as soon as they are on a gen with an icon on the left side
    2. then it flatout tells them how long they are suffering the exhaustion by a circle on the right side of the screen.
    3. The exhaustion lasts at max 3 seconds after letting go of a gen so as soon as anyone hears the heartbeat they can let go and be ready to use whatever by the time the killer is on them.
    4. It only has any use in a niche situation where someone has to have an exhaustion perk to even be affected by it.


  • This content has been removed.
  • You can't really use this perk it does nothing. At most it prevents a sprint burst off of a gen if you're a stealth killer.

    Even then you just gave them an easy to 99% sprint burst lol

  • It's so hilariously bad. It actually buffs Sprint Burst. Hear or see the killer coming because ears and freely rotating camera. Run to a pallet and drop it. Feather the run button to regain exhaustion during the chase and 99% your exhaustion. You now easily have Sprint Burst on demand during the chase. Thanks Mindbreaker!

  • Wait. Does it at least pause the exhaustion timer if they were already exhausted previously before getting on a gen?

  • Mindbreaker is under-estimated; it can be quite useful.


    Anti-speed Clown:

    "Bamboozle + Discordance + Mindbreaker + Tinkerer"


    I experiment a lot, so I know many synergies that survivors don't expect - could also be due to my success, since it is unexpected and completely random.


    After I get tired of my "Corrupt intervention + Discordance + Dying Light + Thanatophobia" main build; my next main build may be the following: "Corrupt Intervention + Insidious + Mindbreaker + Tinkerer".

  • When it first came out I thought it caused actual exhaustion.

    e.g.

    Survivor touches a gen. They are know exhausted for 40 seconds. When the gen reaches 50%, the exhaustion starts cooling down over 40 seconds until it reaches zero.

    When I found out that once the gen reaches 50% the exhaustion immediately disappears....yeah thats when I put this perk in the trash heap.

  • Just make mindbreaker stay in effect the entire gen and after you get off it you have no acess to exhaustion perks for what 10/20//30 seconds?