WHY DOES STRUGGLE MECHANIC EXIST?!? (Not Clickbait)

Why

Just why

This is more tedious and boring than doing gens, whats the point, the ONLY situation where someone would NOT want to struggle/wiggle is when they want to ######### die and they gave up. I dont think wanting to die is a part of playing as a survivior. Oh, and maybe also when someone has lags...

People on PC just use keybinding programs to smash the keys at a speed of light without destroying their keyboard, but thats not fair for everyone else. Just remove it completely. Or replace it with skillchecks or something if you like it so much.

Comments

  • @AvisDeene said:

    Devs believe that most gamers are fat basement dwellers so they have implemented struggle as a way to help players burn some calories!

    I am tempted to mark your reply as an answer, but I want more people and devs to see this thread first lol.

  • Devs own a spacebar factory, hoping players will need to buy new more

    They forgot that you can change the button however

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039607#Comment_1039607

    I am tempted to mark your reply as an answer, but I want more people and devs to see this thread first lol.

    <3

  • Devs, please delete button mashing on struggle. These threads come up and it's near unanimous dislike. There's a reason button mashing has more or less died out in the industry.

  • BHVR also wants us to struggle.

  • It's even worse on mobile. I feel like my fingers are going to fall off.

  • @PacifiedByDaylight said:

    As they said in 2016, this is working this way because it adds more tension and "fight for your life".

    Can`t agree nor disagree. Also, you don`t need to smash your spacebar like crazy, 2-3 clicks/second is enough

    In 2016...

    Well the times have changed. I don't think many people still feel that way about it...

    Its 2-3 clicks per second, provided there is no lag, or you die instantly...

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    So you can take hits to get your teammate out

    So you can't get to basement from ny side of the map

    So there is a "Fight For Your Life Factor"

    Many things.

    No, no, no, I am not saying to remove the "struggle phase". I am saying that player input in this way is completly pointless, either make it automatic or give skillchecks instead

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039651#Comment_1039651

    In 2016...

    Well the times have changed. I don't think many people still feel that way about it...

    Its 2-3 clicks per second, provided there is no lag, or you die instantly...

    Its not really about the year, you can still start DBD in 2020 and may like the Struggle-Mechanic. It is more about how long you are playing, sure it is really exciting to "fight for your live" in your first 50 hours. But afterwards, you are just annoyed.

    Struggling on the Hook should be automatic. With a button to "Give Up". If they want to keep it for those people who actually enjoy it, they can make it an option, but I would highly prefer to not mash my Spacebar.

  • They keep a good reason to not play survivor.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039665#Comment_1039665

    Its not really about the year, you can still start DBD in 2020 and may like the Struggle-Mechanic. It is more about how long you are playing, sure it is really exciting to "fight for your live" in your first 50 hours. But afterwards, you are just annoyed.

    Struggling on the Hook should be automatic. With a button to "Give Up". If they want to keep it for those people who actually enjoy it, they can make it an option, but I would highly prefer to not mash my Spacebar.

    Im not a veteran player, by "long ago" I meant the QTE boom in console games. Its like, no one does games with button mashing anymore. And even if they do, its never used so often and its never one of the core mechanics. Because its boring.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039665#Comment_1039665

    Its not really about the year, you can still start DBD in 2020 and may like the Struggle-Mechanic. It is more about how long you are playing, sure it is really exciting to "fight for your live" in your first 50 hours. But afterwards, you are just annoyed.

    Struggling on the Hook should be automatic. With a button to "Give Up". If they want to keep it for those people who actually enjoy it, they can make it an option, but I would highly prefer to not mash my Spacebar.

    I hate the struggle factor. I'm on Xbox and it's tedious trying to keep mashing the A button repeatedly. I already have the struggle with early Arthritis, and it doesn't help needing to smash my controller into next week. Sure, I suppose I could just 'stop playing' but I really feel like they should just remove it. It wouldn't really change anything gameplay-wise beyond we can now just sit back and wait.

  • @28_stabs said:

    They keep a good reason to not play survivor.

    As killer: omg, genrush, keys and matchmaking is so annoying!

    As Survivior: omg this tunneling, doing gens and SMASHING YOUR KEYBOARD is so annoying!

  • This is why I use a macro. If I get banned sobeit, better than replacing a valuable keyboard over a stupid game mechanic.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039678#Comment_1039678

    I hate the struggle factor. I'm on Xbox and it's tedious trying to keep mashing the A button repeatedly. I already have the struggle with early Arthritis, and it doesn't help needing to smash my controller into next week. Sure, I suppose I could just 'stop playing' but I really feel like they should just remove it. It wouldn't really change anything gameplay-wise beyond we can now just sit back and wait.

    @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039678#Comment_1039678

    Im not a veteran player, by "long ago" I meant the QTE boom in console games. Its like, no one does games with button mashing anymore. And even if they do, its never used so often and its never one of the core mechanics. Because its boring.

    Ok, on Console it is even worse to be honest. Like, I would not like to destroy a Controller by massing A (or whatever Button).

  • Macro if you want to be edgy or get a mouse that lets you unhook the mouse wheel and bind struggle to mouse wheel and let it spinnnnn.

  • Could anyone from powerful people like @Peanits or @not_Queen explain anything?

    We have joke thread here while surviviors all over the world are still struggling...

    No, but seriously, I would like to know if you ever though that its boring and needs to be changed, or maybe you enjoy this kind of gameplay.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They should make survivors mash m1 while repairing, if they care that much about “struggling”.

    Then mash the run button to run.

    You can already mash crouch so no problems there.

    add him to dev team, pls

  • I say you should just have to hold it during struggle cause the mashing is annoying