I keep getting rank 7 and 6 killers and survivors when I'm rank 15

I'm rank 16 or 15 but I keep getting rank 7 survivors and killers, and how can it be a SWF every game. I know people do swf but how is it possible it happens EVERY single game. Please help me fix this. P.S. I'm on ps4

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • this is not a bug, this is current matchmaking sadly.

    the populations are broken and it makes the game give you bad matchmaking, also, probably 90% of those matches arent SWF.

  • I am on PS4 too. I main killer since I started a month ago matchmaking has been funny. I was a 20 going against 11's. Got myself down to 15-16, and I am playing sub 10's all the time. Pretty sure very few of them are SWF. Just keep at it, sometimes I am surprised that they are at those ranks, I am not that good and sometimes I am able to easily get them.

  • @stonewilled

    It actually is a current issue at the moment with how the match-making currently works. BHVR has said in their recent Dev Stream that they're aware of this issue and know that it's causing a lot of issues for queue times and as well as this one which is better known as the "rainbow rank match-making."

    For now, we'll have to wait until they get a fix out for this or work on it with the upcoming Rank Rework that's scheduled to happen around this time in the Road Map, but other than that you'll have to deal with it i'm afraid.

    Sorry.

  • As an update to the above, the devs are about to implement a new matchmaking/ranking system that will hopefully solve this issue. Read the post below for more details:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/927/HH691ZWG6DKH.png

    We’ve observed a growing Community concern about matchmaking in recent months. Matchmaking wait times have exceeded our targeted limits and we’ve seen rank disparities fluctuate. In this Status Update, we will go in details on factors impacting the matchmaking, our current matchmaking system and our future solutions.  

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/793/ZSC8B6CPRDCP.png

    Above are the three variable factors in matchmaking, with a fourth being the number of players on each role, with an ideal ratio of 4 survivors for 1 killer at all times. When dealing with matchmaking, we need to decide how much to focus on each of the factors. If we focus on one point, the other points will see some sort of impact. For example, if we focus on time, your matches will likely end up being less fair, and you might get paired with people further away. Dedicated servers have helped us ensure a stable connection, with over 90% of players being put into matches with 150 ping and under. Our goal is to get you into a match as quickly as possible with a good connection, without compromising too much on fairness.  

    This is a difficult task in a game like Dead by Daylight, where both sides have different objectives and cannot be directly compared to one another. We’ve attempted to address this in the past with the Emblem system, but upon further review, we’ve concluded that rank does not directly correlate to skill. While a player who plays a lot will tend to be better than someone who plays very little, there are also players who are good at the game but don’t play enough to reach the upper ranks. 

    To help improve with the fairness factor without sacrificing wait times or pings, we will be making two changes. The first is a new system to better reflect a player’s skill level, and the second is a change to the matchmaking system to create fairer matches. 

     

    Going forward, we will use a hidden skill rating for matchmaking purposes. Your skill rating will increase when you do well and decrease when you do poorly. To keep this as fair as possible, the system will predict the outcome of the match based on the difference in your opponent(s) rating and adjust the amount your rating changes: 

    • If your rating is higher than your opponent(s), your rating will increase less if you win and drop more if you lose. 
    • If your rating is lower than your opponent(s), your rating will increase more if you win and drop less if you lose. 

    This way, even if you aren’t perfectly matched with people of the exact same skill level, your rating will not change unfairly. 

    In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. 

     

    Additionally, to make sure that your matches are as fair as possible, we will be switching over to “batch matchmaking”. 

    Currently, our matchmaking system takes the player in queue and looks for a match close to their rank. If it is unable to find an appropriate match, it will gradually expand the search range until it is able to give you a match. This can lead to both unfair matches and long queue times. 

    The new batch matchmaking will instead pool a larger number of players together, compare their skill levels, and then create the fairest matches possible simultaneously. With a larger pool to pick from, we hope to improve the fairness factor of matchmaking while also keeping pings and wait times low.  

     

    The release of these changes will be gradual. With the release of the mid-chapter update, we are able to start tracking skill levels. For the time being, this is only a test and is not being used for matchmaking purposes. Once we are confident that the skill rating is working as intended, we will be running tests on live servers. 

    When this happens, you may notice some disparity in ranks during your matches. This is to be expected as rank will no longer be used for matchmaking purposes at this time. To avoid confusion, we are considering removing ranks from the post-match scoreboard once testing is complete, as they will no longer be relevant to matchmaking. Ranks will remain visible only to you for bragging rights and a goal to work towards, but will be a reflection of your dedication to the game rather than skill for the time being. 

    We are confident that these changes will allow us to create fairer matches without losing sight of our goals; to get you into a match as soon as possible with a solid connection. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on our progress as we move forward. 

  • Normally it's red and purple rank survivors with yellow rank killers, so this definitely an odd one.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Normally it's red and purple rank survivors with yellow rank killers, so this definitely an odd one.

    I personally get the opposite as a Rank 1 Killer main and rarely get Yellow Rank/Green Rank Killers for my Rank 1 Survivor.

    It honestly depends on the Time of Day too, since during normal hours from morning to afternoon it's somewhat normal, than like late last night I got 7 matches in a row (not exaggerating) where I kept getting Greys, Yellows, and even double Greys and Yellows Survivors...

    I screencapped most of the Post-Games, but I left some out since some of those actually did say they were in a SWFs, but most of them weren't...

  • @stonewilled said:

    I'm rank 16 or 15 but I keep getting rank 7 survivors and killers, and how can it be a SWF every game. I know people do swf but how is it possible it happens EVERY single game. Please help me fix this. P.S. I'm on ps4

    well you wouldn't want to hit 14 cos then you'll get rank 4, 5 and 6, like moi. i'm on ps4 too.

    devs are trying to get new people play as killer, how does this work?

    edit: sorry you play as a survivor i thought you meant killer

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124691/i-keep-getting-rank-7-and-6-killers-and-survivors-when-im-rank-15

    well you wouldn't want to hit 14 cos then you'll get rank 4, 5 and 6, like moi. i'm on ps4 too.

    devs are trying to get new people play as killer, how does this work?

    edit: sorry you play as a survivor i thought you meant killer

    It's entirely random who you get, there is no set ranks you get if nobody in your rank is in the matchmaking queue at that time.

    People at Grey Ranks can get Rank 1s as their Killers, and I literally have screenshots showing that for the multiple games I had last night, some were SWFs but most weren't.

  • @stonewilled said:

    I'm rank 16 or 15 but I keep getting rank 7 survivors and killers, and how can it be a SWF every game. I know people do swf but how is it possible it happens EVERY single game. Please help me fix this. P.S. I'm on ps4

    Ive noticed that those rank 1-8 survivors are quite more easy to play against then with the old matchmaking. My rank actually has no influence at all, but i think the new matchmaking is somehow working fine.

    As killer, i get good survivors, but im not owned. As survivor, i get good killers, but im not owned. Matches look like more even now. And that, imo, shows that rank doesnt matter, and that the new matchmaking is more accurate when comparing players skills.

  • @Oicimau said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124691/i-keep-getting-rank-7-and-6-killers-and-survivors-when-im-rank-15

    Ive noticed that those rank 1-8 survivors are quite more easy to play against then with the old matchmaking. My rank actually has no influence at all, but i think the new matchmaking is somehow working fine.

    As killer, i get good survivors, but im not owned. As survivor, i get good killers, but im not owned. Matches look like more even now. And that, imo, shows that rank doesnt matter, and that the new matchmaking is more accurate when comparing players skills.

    I'd argue against that, since the ranking system was a lot easier to get into than before. So for example, Rank 10s in the current rank could easily get into Red Ranks and inflate the match-making there with more numbers... but you'd more commonly get "Potato Survivors".

    In a sense, the match-making improved this when it was updated, but the rainbow rank issue that causes Grey Ranks, Yellow Ranks, and Green Ranks to be paired with Red Rank Killers is kind of what makes it fall back into that "Potato Survivor" mentality, its not their fault that they're being paired with Killers that're far above the normal skill bracket they're supposed to get...

    Also no, the matchmaking should never be a measurement of skill, when the new matchmaking comes out THAN you can measure your skill through that, since it'll literally work off of your skill-set and pair you with equally skilled Survivors to face and vice versa for Killers to face.