Genuinely think we need a new rank system or a revamp
It's a bit long, this isn't a cry and complain. I am comparing this ranking system to my experience on other games. If you don't read it I don't blame you.
Let's state the obvious off the bat. A ranking system is a way to place people in games that are of the same or near said persons skill level. Also it can be a goal to get to the top, some people a very prideful of it.
Personally I don't really care to much for ranking, don't get me wrong I like to rank up, but I've done 1000-10000 hours in at least 5 others games each at this point. Ranking is cool but I would rather be with people who are at the same skill level as me, that way it is a challenge for everyone.
Dbd's ranking system and match making 100% go hand in hand and right now neither of them are working.
The ranking system is the roots of the match making and right now it is far too easy for people to get to high ranks. The red ranks are supposed to be an achievement to get to, but constantly people a joining and if it is with a high ranking player who brought them in. They could be at red ranks in less than a month (has happened a lot at this point). Frankly speaking it doesn't matter what game it is, an average player shouldn't be able to get to the top in that time regardless of who they are with. It is almost impossible not to be able to get to rank 15, in 15-20 you could walk around the map all game tap a gen here and there and still pip.
I haven't seen a game like dbd, the thought of the system is good it is different from others (kind of) but my god not only is it easy to rank up in a general sense. You can do it at a high speed as well.
Would be curious to see an average player of dbd, say rank 10 set aside 12 hours on a new account and see how high they can get. To put it in more perspective say the average game is 15-20 correct? So let's say 3 games and let's pretend that the que time is 1-5 min. That's one hour. 12 x 3 = 36 games. Even if we took that down to 30 you would have to be completely out of it if you don't get back to rank 10 or close to it. Again this is not something that should be able to happen.
I my opinion I would say I am above average but shouldn't be in the red ranks. If everyone was where they were supposed to be (you are delusional if you think it is even in the slightest) the I think I would fluctuate from 8-10.
Red ranks should be for the best of the best, they run the show. Also think it should be ranks 1-3 not 1-4.
Purple ranks are really good at the game have everything down but are just a step under the reds. I think I should be ranks 4-7 not 5-8.
Green ranks, here is where I am. For players that have spent some time on the game and have learnt how to do everything but haven't quite got it 100% down yet. Should be ranks 8-12 not 7-12
Yellow and gray stay the same.
For a new player to come in and be guided by a high ranked player, even after a month maybe 2, they should be no higher then (my) green ranks. (Wont always be the case there are born naturals).
As far as the amount o pip's needed to rank up, you really need to double if not triple it to be completely honest and pipping needs to be adjusted as well.
Match making side of things, I don't even know. There are changes to it, but it feels like a constant one step forward one step back. After so many attempts I don't know how the dev's haven't come to a solution that works.
I'm not going to pretend I know how the match making works, I can't be bothered looking into it. I work in the game and animation industry (more so animation) so I do get an idea, but I'm no coder so I don't know. All I can say is, considering how long the game has been out. If they haven't came to a good solution by mid 2021, then I genuinely don't think they will at all.
People have said it before, "stop making new killers and spend some more time on the match making, and game bugs"
I mean if it keeps going the way it is, by mid 2021 they will be completely swamped by all of the bugs and at that point I don't even know if we will get more killers.
To the dev's
I shouldn't say it but invest a little more into outfits and charms and hell add something else aswell. Then idiots like myself will buy that along with the rift pass and hire in some more people to fix this stuff. Look I don't know, I'm just a game addict that loves this game. I genuinely think you should take a step back and look at the thing as a whole. You have done update after update after a few of them you sometimes run into the same issue you had over 6 months back.
I want nothing but the best for this game, it's just messy.
.
Ok tangent over that's my thoughts on it. Anyone else feel the same or different. If you made it to the end, then you must care at the very least. Look forward to any comments
Comments
Respectable
So you think they need to make more outfits and charms (and something else unspecified) to sell to idiots so they can afford to get more people to come and fix the bugs and generally sort it out.
Is that not their current business model?
That is every games business model aside from small indie's. What I'm saying is do a little more of it that way they have the fund to fix things faster. However if funds isn't the problem then I don't know. I don't want to say it's a lost cause, but some of the problems/bug that they have been circulating around since the get go, should have been long fixed by now. (Specifically talking about match making)
The match making problem is due to a shortage of killers.
Luckily they are taking steps to fix this by incrementally making killer more and more frustrating to play. This should in time attract more people to play that role, fix matchmaking and ensure the long term health of the game.
I'd like to point out that it's specifically the survivor side in which it is too easy to reach rank 1. The emblem system should at least be balanced on both sides. Survivors even get some emblem points for free (44 or so benevolence is given instantly). Killers on the other hand don't get any points to start with.
You described everything, so I can't add something else
100% agree from what it looks like to me they are treated the exact same when it come to ranking up.
When it comes to the ranking system it is very in your face of how it works.
Inorder to rank up you need pips. To get pips you need points in the 4 category's those total number determines in you lose 1, nothing, gain 1 or gain 2. How do you get points in the 4 categories, well it gives you all the information at the end of the game.
When it comes to this, I really think a couldn't of done it any better. All of the information you want or need is giving to you
I couldn't agree more. I've said it for the longest time. The Biggest Issue in this game is the Matchmaking and Ranking.
The Game has a lot of Varied skill levels in the player base but the system doesn't work at putting them together. Instead you get consistent games where people have vastly differing skill levels and the game gets skewed.
I guarantee if they just fixed the Matchmaking and made Rank actually compare to ones skill level the game would be in a much better place and you'd have a lot, and I mean a lot less complaints about Balance.
Sadly I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon if at all, Unless they dedicate a huge time to revamp the system but personally I think they'd rather have quicker ques.
I play both killer and survivor, I feel survivor is easier to play then killer and I play survivor a little more because of that.
Let's say you ordered a pizza and it turns up in the middle of a game. If you get it when you are survivor you thought process is 'ok hopefully nothing bad happens, I'll sit in a corner for a minute while I get my food, let's hope I'm quick enough before the crowd come'.
Killer on the other hand is just '#########, well this game is over'
Killer is a more concentrated role to play, I feel like if the blood point giving to killer were slightly more then survivor then I sure as hell would be playing it more.
Also a lot of people have stopped playing the game due to these reasons, if it was fixed then a lot of people would probably come back and give it another go