Rift cosmetics question

So, I was checking in depth what was really on the rift, and saw that Meg Alpine Ski Vest (i think it's called like this)

the problem is, i already own this skin, so what will happen when i unlock that one ? Will it duplicate ? disappear ? get bloodpoints in exchange ?

Does someone have an answer ?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Kagari_Leha

    Nothing special will happen.

    You don't get extra blood-points in response, the cosmetic won't vanish from your inventory, it won't duplicate, it'll just be unlocked on The Rift and probably (the most likely scenario) just replace the old one you bought with the new one... but that's it.

    By that I mean it'll take the spot of the already bought cosmetic, but since it's the same cosmetic it won't really change anything, it'll be as if you didn't unlock it again since it's just the same cosmetic being unlocked for the 2nd time.

  • @FireHazard said:

    @Kagari_Leha

    Nothing special will happen.

    You don't get extra blood-points in response, the cosmetic won't vanish from your inventory, it won't duplicate, it'll just be unlocked on The Rift and probably (the most likely scenario) just replace the old one you bought with the new one... but that's it.

    By that I mean it'll take the spot of the already bought cosmetic, but since it's the same cosmetic it won't really change anything, it'll be as if you didn't unlock it again since it's just the same cosmetic being unlocked for the 2nd time.

    well, that's the unfortunate answer i hoped the devs thought about what could happen if people already had that stuff in their inventory


    whatever, it's only 1 skin so, i guess it's okay

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036742#Comment_1036742

    well, that's the unfortunate answer i hoped the devs thought about what could happen if people already had that stuff in their inventory

    whatever, it's only 1 skin so, i guess it's okay

    The thing is if it did say you got extra BPs than it would tell you that in The Rift, but it doesn't.

    Also, I own this cosmetic as well and it just says "owned" in The Rift, so unlocking it won't really do anything since the game already knows I own it...

    Unfortunate? Yes. A big deal though? Not really. I wouldn't worry about it, perhaps you can suggest to BHVR that they should reward players who already own these skins with BPs or something.

    [Here's the link to the suggestions sub-forum if you're interested]:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions

  • This is actually a bug with the Rift. That cosmetic is Rift-exclusive, but many, if not all, players have unlocked it early for no apparent reason. Nothing will happen when you reach that point in the Rift, because the game recognises that you already own it, so it will just skip over the item and not even attempt to add it to your inventory.

  • @Fibijean said:

    This is actually a bug with the Rift. That cosmetic is Rift-exclusive, but many, if not all, players have unlocked it early for no apparent reason. Nothing will happen when you reach that point in the Rift, because the game recognises that you already own it, so it will just skip over the item and not even attempt to add it to your inventory.

    oh i see ! it explains it all then, because i was also desperately searching from where i got it. Well I'm glad it's a bug, that means the devs didnt throw stuff we could potentially have.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036768#Comment_1036768

    The thing is if it did say you got extra BPs than it would tell you that in The Rift, but it doesn't.

    Also, I own this cosmetic as well and it just says "owned" in The Rift, so unlocking it won't really do anything since the game already knows I own it...

    Unfortunate? Yes. A big deal though? Not really. I wouldn't worry about it, perhaps you can suggest to BHVR that they should reward players who already own these skins with BPs or something.

    [Here's the link to the suggestions sub-forum if you're interested]:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions

    Well since it's a bug, according to @Fibijean, I think I wont suggest it for now xD

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036783#Comment_1036783

    Well since it's a bug, according to @Fibijean, I think I wont suggest it for now xD

    Right, i'd just forget about it since Rift rewards don't normally already have cosmetics you own...