Framerate Drops On Console When Hit With Sloppy Butcher

I haven't seen anything about this on the forums. This really really suprises me, since I know of a few people that have complained about this.

My gripe with this issue is that, when hit by Sloppy, it can make your frames drop enough to actually make your movement freeze and mislay on the screen. A lot of times i've seen people crash into walls; go to vault but get sucked away from the window; get pulled into a locker instead of drop a pallet that the prompt is on etc. And I am very sure killers on console are aware of this advantage it gives in chase. Because this framerate drop does not occur when hit by a killer without Sloppy.

I'm just curious to know if the Devs know of this issue at all? And if they do, what is their opinion of it and will it be patched?

Comments

  • It's just console and frame drops will occur when any status effect appears on the screen. It's because the game still hasn't been optimized for console although they talked about doing it back in fall of last year.

  • I can't say i've ever noticed drop in frames when status icons appear in general. My point was on about the visual effect that Sloppy Butcher has - the spurt of blood is the issue

  • Honestly, I had debated about this long ago as the frame rate drop due to sloppy was always frustrating my friends and me. However, whenever things like this were brought up in the forums, it tends to become a breeding ground for trolls and people who are rude just for the sake of being rude.


    The frame rate drop truly causes an issue on Xbox one and has for over two years. It is annoying because it impacts skill checks for other players/creates a lag. For the player who was hit, it does just as you say - lags and forces you to do something you don't want to i.e. get on a gen when you want to vault the window next to it. I just gave up and accepted that it will never be fixed.

  • Pretty much any status effect causes the fps drops and issues you described on console. The most obvious are Sloppy, Exposed, Mangled, Mend, Haste, etc. But several other perks & powers even suffer from the same problem: Myers teiring up, a chest being searched nearby, a gen popping nearby, Lithe kicking in, Bloodlust activating, and many more.

    Those frame drops are even more pronounced on the indoor maps, especially Lery's.

  • As a killer main I really hope not to get bloodlust, just because I know it will lag spike the game and mess up my chase.