Devour hope is an ACTUAL high risk high reward totem perk
Compared to ruin devour is the true definition of a High rush high reward perk, u can frikken mori people, get insta downs , compared to ruin again ruin { old } could be found at the second of the match , survivors could gen two , or not be complete potato’s and hit every great , hex perks should be as powerful as devour
Comments
New ruin is definitely as powerful as devour.
Yeah, of course, you get an instant notification that the Hex is active and that you should cleanse it, instead of when the perk is powerful enough
No it’s not, you can still be playing a 4.4 movement speed killer and be put on red forest and a gen pops before you can even get to it, devours effects are immensely more powerful than either ruin
I never understood this comparison:
A perk that slows down the game and requires another perk to be good while being destroyable.
Vs.
A perk that WINS YOU THE GAME if it stays up for as long as the above does to get value.
New ruin wins you the game...ever tried it on doc or legion?
True both have great synergy but what happens when survivors spawn right on top of it ? Your stuck with a mediocre killer , new ruin can only work if you have good map preassure i don’t know where this whole “ ruin slowed the game down “ claim i used ruin because it let me get early game pressure
Not necessarily. I've genrushed plenty of Docs last night.
Disagree. New Ruin doesn't cause people to frantically start looking for the totem as soon as they realize what is going on.
Right but aren't we comparing it to devour? If devour stays up for long on any killer they will win, while admittedly with ruin there are a couple killers who can't utilize it if it lasts. Not to mention how well ruin goes with devour. (They go look for devour and lose all gen progress and probably end up only finding ruin anyways)
I personally can't as I haven't been able to grab ruin from the shine as I was taking a break the few times it was in there(I love to play with and against legion though) and I don't have hag(I am getting close to unlocking her with shards though).
I am just more confused on the idea behind it and how people can compare a near instant win condition like devour hope to ruin when ruin is widely used only with synergistic perks like surveillance + a matching build to make it good.
Its more of the idea of ruin needing so much to get it going to make it have value vs devour which doesn't and which if it stays up for as long as ruin does wins you the game.
Not yet ;)
Cool, so we agree.
Yea I guess so. I'm excited to see the uses for new ruin people find.
Devour Hope is how strong a Hex perk is supposed to be. Ruin isn't there.