Why create a postgame chat when it rarely works?

As title asks. Why did you create a post-game chat when it literally disconnects as soon as someone says something, or so it feels.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It usually lasts a few minutes after the game ends. How it should work is it stays active until only one person is left in the chat lobby. Most conversations I've had post game resolved themselves or reached an impasse before that happens. If that's not the case... You can always try messaging that person on steam unless they got box names.

  • @Ohnoes said:

    It usually lasts a few minutes after the game ends. How it should work is it stays active until only one person is left in the chat lobby. Most conversations I've had post game resolved themselves or reached an impasse before that happens. If that's not the case... You can always try messaging that person on steam unless they got box names.

    I agree leaving it on until only one person is left would be the best way to go.

    Also put an icon next to survivor names in the points tally or something to show who's still in chat and who's still in chat.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1030365#Comment_1030365

    I agree leaving it on until only one person is left would be the best way to go.

    Also put an icon next to survivor names in the points tally or something to show who's still in chat and who's still in chat.

    That's already how the chat works. The reason it might appear to go offline as soon as anyone says something is usually because the other four players have left. I do agree, though, that a UI icon to show who is still in the chat would be a good addition to make that a bit clearer.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1030547#Comment_1030547

    That's already how the chat works. The reason it might appear to go offline as soon as anyone says something is usually because the other four players have left. I do agree, though, that a UI icon to show who is still in the chat would be a good addition to make that a bit clearer.

    Oh really? Then I guess people just leave mid-conversation and I assume it just closed while people were still talking? ok then.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1030573#Comment_1030573

    Oh really? Then I guess people just leave mid-conversation and I assume it just closed while people were still talking? ok then.

    We know for sure that it closes when four players leave, but I suspect there are actually two conditions for the chat closing. I think the chat might also be on a timer, to prevent undue load on the servers if, for example, two people go afk after a match and never disconnect from the server. I reckon that's what happening in the situation you're describing. Personally, I would like it if the server had a feature where it would only disconnect if no one had sent any messages within the last 20 seconds or so.