Killer interaction ideas

So I'm not writing this with balance in mind, if the devs used any of these ideas, they can do the balancing act xD anyways, I think some more interactive killer mechanics could be a lot of fun. One in particular I was thinking about is almost a killer version of the d strike perk. Like.. Make a perk that adds the ability to take a survivor you're carrying, and slam them into a wall or other object, with a per survivor cool down. My idea is slamming a survivor would daze them briefly, maybe a few seconds, regressing the wiggle bar by a certain percentage, maybe with a small BP boost to brutality. I just think it'd be cool, and I think the game could use more killer options to be more brutal, cunning, intimidating, etc. That's just one idea. I mean the idea behind it is a struggling survivor is going to frustrate the killer carrying them, and I think something in line with a wall slam would be something the killers would actually do in those situations. Another interaction based idea I have is bone breaking. When you have a survivor in your grasp, have an option to break a bone or two, instilling fear in any survivor in the radius to witness it. Maybe they panic and give away their location, maybe they flinch and can't use tools for a few seconds, something. These are just a couple ideas I thought of as someone who loves killer, and personally wants more brutality options than just mori, especially when mori is an offering that you can't always use. Like I said if the devs consider any mechanics like this, they can balance it so it's not too op or broken. I just think anything to make killers more brutal and intimidating would add more overall satisfaction for the killer, or maybe I'm just a twisted individual and none of my fellow killers agree. Who knows xD Thoughts on the potential of more interactions to add brutality to the killer role? Not just these examples specifically. Am I wrong in thinking stuff like this would add more flavor to the game? It is a multi-player "horror" game, after all :p

Comments

  • As far as effects go... Your first example is more or less the perks iron grasp in that it gives you more time to get to a hook. Your 2nd example is more or less infectious fright, only whereas infectious fright gives you information when you can act on it, YOUR perk only gives information when your hands are already full.

  • @LordGlint said:

    As far as effects go... Your first example is more or less the perks iron grasp in that it gives you more time to get to a hook. Your 2nd example is more or less infectious fright, only whereas infectious fright gives you information when you can act on it, YOUR perk only gives information when your hands are already full.

    True, again I figure the devs can balance and determine what the actual affects happen to be, my main focus is on the interactions themselves. I think the option to be more brutal or gruesome with killers would add more flavor to the game, as it makes sense. They're killers after all, not teddy bears xD

  • @Threxi0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028681#Comment_1028681

    True, again I figure the devs can balance and determine what the actual affects happen to be, my main focus is on the interactions themselves. I think the option to be more brutal or gruesome with killers would add more flavor to the game, as it makes sense. They're killers after all, not teddy bears xD

    Maybe add some of your "gruesome" effects to already existing perks. What if we could hear the creaking of bones when iron grasp is used, or sloppy butcher was visually more than just more blood puddles, but left the survivor looking different than just a normal injury.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028711#Comment_1028711

    Maybe add some of your "gruesome" effects to already existing perks. What if we could hear the creaking of bones when iron grasp is used, or sloppy butcher was visually more than just more blood puddles, but left the survivor looking different than just a normal injury.

    Hell yeah. I mean stuff like that would be cool too. I do still think it'd be satisfying af to do things along the lines of slamming survivors into walls, etc too though. Even if it barely had any benefit xD think of it as an option to "punish" the survivor for making their task more difficult. Punish is in quotations because I don't care about any actual competitive benefit, but would it not be satisfying to have such interactions? Think of it as more of a "taunt" for killers. After all, why are survivors the only ones allowed to t-bag, or use gestures in general? :p it'd make the game more entertaining to watch too imo.