Thanatophobia... Than-uh-tuh-foh-bee-uh... not the-nat-uh-foh-bee-uh.
Thana- rhymes with Anna... like thana- would be said when saying thanatos. Than-uh-tuh-foh-bee-uh... the end.
Thana- rhymes with Anna... like thana- would be said when saying thanatos. Than-uh-tuh-foh-bee-uh... the end.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There is just too many syllables lol. I will forever just call it that perk that does nothing but change progression bars to red.
Thanataphabia. Got it.
That's more syllables, though
But it is broken down into smaller words that I can pronounce and say without my tongue getting cramped. Once a word is over 3 syllables my brain can't process it ๐คฃ
I can dig it lol ๐ง
No no, it's thonotopoblio
Tarantulaphilfoglio.
Thanos phobia
The pronunciation correction OP posted makes sense because its the fear of Thanatos a greek god of death. So you combine Thanatos (death) with Phobia (Fear) and you get Thatatophobia. What's funny about this is that Thanatos is the god of "Non-violent Deaths" (https://greekgodsandgoddesses.net/gods/thanatos/)๐, so being afraid of Thanatos is like saying you're afraid of dying from natural causes or disease.
In other words, when a survivor gets ruthlessly murdered in game having Thanatophobia is less like them saying "Oh crap, the killer just butchered Dwight... hope I'm not next!" and more like them saying "Dwight just got killed, I hope I'm lucky enough to go out that way instead of dying of old age!"
Despite this funny little origin of the word tidbit, the name still means "fear of death" and I guess we can let the "non-violent" part slide, especially since most depictions of Thanatos have him holding a weapon... so he can't be that much against violent deaths.
Thanks, but I think I'll just say Thanatanaphobitobia.
enjoy it while last soon it will be reworked :)
lol, nooooooooooo
<3