An OPTION to DISABLE AUTOAIM (Not Clickbait)

Could you please add an option to switch aim assist off in the settings? I understand it can be cool on consoles, bu using it on PC doesn't feel ok...

It may be a mental thing l, but ever since I heard that there is aim assist, I cant sleep at night and I can fell my IQ going down every time I play.

No, but seriously, every time I hit a survivior, I feel bad for myself because I cheat and for surviviors because they get hit.

If the conspiracy theory that says "aim assist doesn't exist" is true, then please let us switch off the "camera move to hide lag" too, hiding server issues under it is not a fair move.

But I don't believe in conspiracy theories, so I believe that Devs will listen.

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1026203#Comment_1026203

    It is the case. To explain:

    Auto aim gives you a hit you otherwise would not have gotten.

    What happens in DBD is that the game recognizes that you've gotten a hit by checking a cone shaped area in front of you for survivors, then pulls you towards them to make it look like you'd expect (so your weapon actually makes contact). It will not give you a hit unless you actually aimed at them. Basically it dresses it up after the fact.

    That's not to say that it can't cause a hit that should have connected to miss- I'm not trying to convince you that it doesn't happen- but it's not "auto aim" or "aim assist".

    EDIT: Just noticed the other part of the question.

    It is not there to hide lag. To hide lag, you would have to predict their movement and move the killer on their screen in advance. This is not the case. If there's a lot of latency between you two, the killer will appear to miss wildly regardless. As the killer, you have the authority over hits. It's not compensating to help you out. What you see is what you get. It's purely just to make your hits more visually appealing.

    more like an aim assist? either way can you remove it? or fix it on console, having major issues with it to the point im having to fight where it thinks the survivor is and end up missing because actually aiming where the survivor is messes you over. whatever it is, whatever you call it needs to be fixed, causing more issues than not. i shouldnt miss a straight forward lunge because the survivor did a slight wiggle and the aim f`s off to one side without my input. thanks.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    Could you please add an option to switch aim assist off in the settings? I understand it can be cool on consoles, bu using it on PC doesn't feel ok...

    It may be a mental thing l, but ever since I heard that there is aim assist, I cant sleep at night and I can fell my IQ going down every time I play.

    No, but seriously, every time I hit a survivior, I feel bad for myself because I cheat and for surviviors because they get hit.

    If the conspiracy theory that says "aim assist doesn't exist" is true, then please let us switch off the "camera move to hide lag" too, hiding server issues under it is not a fair move.

    But I don't believe in conspiracy theories, so I believe that Devs will listen.

    It is disgusting on console, it is basically giving the survivor the choice of what you hit or don't hit.

  • @InnCognito said:

    In this Patch:

    The hits in this game are widely, seemingly. unfair. I vault a window at any given time and despite clearing the window, with the camera pointing backwards and visually see that I cleared the window, plus the length of the weapon and still see what appears to be a clear miss. Is instead recognized as a "hit".

    Same is occurring on pallets. I clear the pallet and drop it. Despite dropping the pallet, the killer has still struck my character.

    • Average latency to server: 63ms
    • Connection type: Wired Cat 6e
    • GPU: RTX 2060 on Desktop.
    • 16GB of RAM

    Even auto aim would not be responsible for that. That's an issue with your screen and a killer screen not exactly being aligned.

    There have been multiple videos showing this happened it looks like it's a perfect connected hit On The Killers end but on the survivors end they were a distance away that's not auto aim

  • auto-aim would guide your hand to gain hits that might otherwise miss. The effect that is present in DbD ("aim dressing") only serves to make hits miss that should otherwise connect and make playing killer frustrating for....oh, wait, nvm. I'm receiving word that it's meant to ensure that any hits that connect that don't look like they do are tinkered with to look more believable.

    I would love an option to turn it off, mainly because I have had my camera whipped around so many times and then NOT gotten a hit because the game decides to then cut my lunge short as soon as the aim dressing registers as "triggered". I pull back / move away from the survivor when I know a lunge should hit quite frequently, so "aim assist" makes me miss fairly regularly given that it prevents me from finishing the lunge and correcting for any movement errors I made during the beginning.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1026203#Comment_1026203

    It is the case. To explain:

    Auto aim gives you a hit you otherwise would not have gotten.

    What happens in DBD is that the game recognizes that you've gotten a hit by checking a cone shaped area in front of you for survivors, then pulls you towards them to make it look like you'd expect (so your weapon actually makes contact). It will not give you a hit unless you actually aimed at them. Basically it dresses it up after the fact.

    That's not to say that it can't cause a hit that should have connected to miss- I'm not trying to convince you that it doesn't happen- but it's not "auto aim" or "aim assist".

    EDIT: Just noticed the other part of the question.

    It is not there to hide lag. To hide lag, you would have to predict their movement and move the killer on their screen in advance. This is not the case. If there's a lot of latency between you two, the killer will appear to miss wildly regardless. As the killer, you have the authority over hits. It's not compensating to help you out. What you see is what you get. It's purely just to make your hits more visually appealing.

    So Peanits, explain me why, when I swing and auto-aim activates, it MAKES ME MISS THE HIT, I would've gotten the hit but no...auto-aim is useless, turn that off

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1026203#Comment_1026203

    It is the case. To explain:

    Auto aim gives you a hit you otherwise would not have gotten.

    What happens in DBD is that the game recognizes that you've gotten a hit by checking a cone shaped area in front of you for survivors, then pulls you towards them to make it look like you'd expect (so your weapon actually makes contact). It will not give you a hit unless you actually aimed at them. Basically it dresses it up after the fact.

    That's not to say that it can't cause a hit that should have connected to miss- I'm not trying to convince you that it doesn't happen- but it's not "auto aim" or "aim assist".

    EDIT: Just noticed the other part of the question.

    It is not there to hide lag. To hide lag, you would have to predict their movement and move the killer on their screen in advance. This is not the case. If there's a lot of latency between you two, the killer will appear to miss wildly regardless. As the killer, you have the authority over hits. It's not compensating to help you out. What you see is what you get. It's purely just to make your hits more visually appealing.

    What about the server hit validation? Wasn't that supposed to be added in order to fix these things?

1 2 ›