Lock symbols?
Just downloaded the game from PS+ and I played through both tutorials and got ready to play the actual game. But all the modes have lock symbols on them? I tried deleting and reinstalling and its still the same. I noticed a lot of people saying they can’t get connection to server but no one saying anything about lock symbols
Comments
yes I do
Have you checked to make sure there are no updates pending? That is often the cause.
Might try rebooting the Ps4.
If you've done both of those, you might renew licences on your profile. Those things always need renewing on the Ps4.
Have you pirated the game?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Might be a troll for pirates...
jk
Still lock symbols over everything but the tutorial option. Looks like this game is not getting played by me. It’s not something on my end
Its all good tho, I’ll probs just go buy it at GameStop for $9.99. One here where I live has it used
It's a long shot but it could be the issue.
Is the game fully downloaded on your Playstation?
Many times you can enter your downloaded games while they're downloading because they're ready start but they still have to install data
In all cases that I have encountered on Reddit it was the same problem for everyone.
They can enter the game even if it's not fully downloaded yet.
Because Sony gave the option to many games that you can enter after a specific amount of gb downloaded, then the game is "ready to start" but not ready to play.
I've seen that before. In my case it was xbox but should be the same. It's pretty much what FoggyWeather said. The game downloads so much then it lets you open and play the tutorials. Everything else remains locked until the full game download finishes.
@Doomspooge and @FoggyWeather_ are right! The game downloads in ''chunks'' and allows you to play the tutorial while it downloads the rest. You finished your tutorial before the download so you are locked out. If you wait a little, the issue should be fixing itself. Please contact support.deadbydaylight.com if the issue doesn't resolve!