Can We All Just Take a Moment?

...to just breathe. There's so much frustration and anger going around about these changes, and I think it's just one big group mentality of people hopping on the "they killed the game" bandwagon.

No, they didn't kill the game.

From my survivor perspective: "Queue times are so long now, killers are camping/tunneling/using NOED more/ so much more now, etc.." I sit around rank 4/5 and my queues have been instant since the update, and I haven't had instant queues in a long time. Killers have always camped/tunneled/whatever, you're just noticing it more now and pinning it on the ruin change. Killers should be aggressive. They're... killers? Switch up your perks if you feel the need. Also, maybe try cleansing a totem when you find them on the map rather than only caring about finishing generators so there won't be a NOED at the end.

From my killer perspective: "Nothing to stop gens now, so many toolboxes, can't win, etc." Admittedly, I don't play killer as much, but I usually sit around purple ranks with killer as well. I don't even have ruin as a perk on killer and I have managed to get to purple rank without it. Many people play at red rank without it, and without camping/tunneling/slugging/whatever. Calm down and learn how to apply gen pressure properly (yes I know, some maps are huge, but that's a map problem, not a perk problem.) Survivors have always brought tool boxes, you're just noticing it more now.

In case you forgot, this is supposed to be a PvP survival horror game. It's not supposed to be a walk in the park. You're not supposed to be able to just sit and do gens without having killers after you, and you're not supposed to be able to just easily slug a survivor within 5 seconds of finding them. Also, the new ruin? Super powerful if you know how to apply gen pressure. If it stays up, it can completely ruin (teehee) a game for survivors as long as you keep them off gens, as you're supposed to. If it gets cleansed early on, well. Then you're just in the same boat as you were when the old ruin was cleansed early, aren't you?

Comments

  • @AntiJelly said:

    I can't speak for anyone else, but the Ruin change isn't what had me mad. For all I care, they could delete Ruin; I've never used it.

    The problem is that for many updates in a row, not a single core-game issue has been addressed, and more issues have been introduced.

    Dedicated servers have been delayed for nearly half a year. Completely unbalanced, massive maps remain unchanged; so many of them have linkable loops that last forever. Every single update bugs the sound and multiple Killer powers. Keys, Moris, and Toolboxes still exist.

    It just gets tiring after being around for so long and seeing no core issues fixed.

    Dedicated servers have been delayed for years at this point.

  • @Siren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022970#Comment_1022970

    Sure, the killers I've spoken to in game must be delusional then and feeding me false info. We can run with that. I don't care if you believe me or not, cause I know what I'm saying is true. The fact that you're demanding such hard evidence with no consideration that it may be true, shows you probably won't change your mind no matter what I say or show.

    Yes, how well Ruin works now is situational. It always has been, there's many factors to it. It's the same between the old and new. There's many situational factors to how all games will go.

    You don't need an offering to spawn together. All 4 most likely won't spawn together, but more often than not I always spawn with at least 2 other survivors right around me. I don't know if you'd consider that something that should be changed or not to where the survivors always spawn separately from each other. Personally I think it's easier to know that I probably have to head to the gens farthest away from me first, as that's where they'll probably be, together.

    SWF is a whole different ball game that the devs still need to look into for some kind of nerfing. A good SWF team will run around even the best killers in the game.

    I have stated before, I don't have Ruin as a perk on killer so I have never used it. I've never cared what they did to Ruin, I learned how to play without it as a crutch to my game play, therefore I would have to record every single survivor game I play until I came across a killer using it and I honestly can't be bothered, because as stated before, some games the ruin is gone instantly and it's useless. Some games, the killer just doesn't apply a lot of gen pressure. Some games, you get completely slaughtered by the killer because they're good at gen pressure, with or without Ruin.

    Besides, you don't need this "hard evidence" from me. You can go play your own games, you can go watch streams. I'm not bothering to provide you with info you can gather yourself. It'll probably be ignored anyway.

    I don't have Ruin as a perk on killer so I have never used it

    Then how can you claim that it is very powerful now, if you have zero personal experience with it? You just keep using survivor biased talking points, and you have no personal experience with it.

    Yet, you previously claimed:

    Yes, the new Ruin is very strong, I have first hand experience

    Which is it? Have you had first hand experience with it, or have you never used it?

    You can go play your own games, you can go watch streams.

    I have. Unlike you, I have actually played the game with it. My understanding of it comes from actual personal experience. I have also watched many streams and vids that are not survivor or killer biased. They do not agree with what you are claiming. Not saying that you haven't heard it, just that you were clearly getting your information from survivor biased sources.

    I am asking you for hard evidence because you are stating your case as fact, that Ruin is a very powerful perk now and that all you need to do is apply pressure and be in the right place at all times, as if that is possible. If you want to claim that it is now a "very powerful" perk, back up your claim. I did show consideration that it may be true, all you have to do is show me where I am wrong. You claim to have talked to many killers and they all agree that it is very powerful, and I just don't buy it. There are no players that regularly play killer that think that Ruin is powerful now in its current state.

    You keep claiming that you are able to control the map just fine without ruin and that Ruin is very powerful now. If you are going to make those kinds of claims, you need to back them up. Show us how you are consistently applying map/gen pressure, and are always in the right place to do so. If you don't have Ruin, that's fine. Show us how well you keep up map and gen pressure without Ruin.

    I have to be honest here. I have serious doubts that you play any significant amount of time as killer. All of your talking points have come from the devs or survivor biased sources. You aren't talking from any personal experience. You will, of course, deny this, but I think we both know it's true.

    I'm not even a killer main. I started as a survivor main, and now play about 50/50. The flaws in the ruin change are obvious to anyone with any experience on the killer side. I think there are very few killer that had a problem with them changing Ruin, but this specific change was just poorly though out and implemented.

  • Ssh, logic and reason have no place here. We demand outrage!!

1 2 ›