Devs, matchmaking is going to be fixed?

I'm tired going against rank 10 killers as rank 1. No challenge for me to loop and "gen rush" low rank matchmaking victims killers. I'm pretty sure a lot of killers are going to quit playing killer. Green and yellow rank killers against rank 1's is not fun.

Comments

  • Not to mention that survivor queue is garbo

  • The alternative is even longer queue times. Do you prefer to wait 10 additional minutes for a red rank killer?

  • Matchmaking is not broken. How can you expect 30 seconds wait time as survivor when nobody wants to killer and there is like 10.000 survivor in que and like 100 killers.

    Matchmaking will get worse as long as devs keep nerfing killers and their perks :) I think well deserved. And a lot of killers already quit playing killer that is once again the problem if I wasn't clear. When I play killer I have 5 second que time lmao and as rank 8 killer I get red ranks alot.

    Btw I am rank 1 survivor as well and mostly play survivor because killer is just "get cyberbullied simulator" thanks to select survivors and devs that keep making it easier for those survivors to do it.

  • They already said on others topics about the same subject that they are working on fixing matchmaking. It's been a month (more or less) since the first time I read some dev talking about it so... don't really now why it's taking so long but at least they already talked about that. One of the most recent answers on the subject can be found here:

    @johnmwarner said:

    I see post after post, thread after thread made talking about the matchmaking ness right now. Screenshot after screenshot of a rank 12 killer going against all red rank survivor.

    Last night as a solo survivor my team was all rank 1-2 and we had a rank 17 trapper... the guy literally got zero downs.

    But the devs haven’t made a post or Twitter about it. Haven’t responded about it. In fact I actually saw one hop into a thread about matchmaking and reply to a quote about killer balance (trapper vs Billy,) while completely ignoring the actual thread topic.

    So is BHVR dead set against even acknowledging this problem anymore? @Peanits are they all still on Christmas break? What is the plan because it’s not fun to steamroll a killer like that and I can’t imagine it will keep them coming back either.

    And please don’t say they’ll learn to get better, the gap between 17 and 1 is way too big for them to be learning much, even with how inflated red ranks have gotten. And if you try to tell them something endgame chat you get accused of being mean somehow.


  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    Not to mention that survivor queue is garbo

    that is an effect of

    1. terrible balancing of the game
    2. killer bugs taking forever to be fixed while survivor bugs are fixed in the week
    3. ruin nerf
    4. terrible map design

    all of these contribute to there being less people WILLING to play killer, ESPECIALLY the closer you get to red ranks. the problem is, to few killers for the survivors. this ruin nerf was the straw that broke the cammels back for a lot of people


    when some of these issues get addressed, killers will come back. until then only more killers will leave and survivor Q times will rise


    welcome to Dead by Lobby Simulator, tbh I think BHVR will go about making killer AI instead of fixing those because they are that survivor biased

  • @asergioam said:

    They already said on others topics about the same subject that they are working on fixing matchmaking. It's been a month (more or less) since the first time I read some dev talking about it so... don't really now why it's taking so long but at least they already talked about that. One of the most recent answers on the subject can be found here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121884/so-matchmaking-isn-t-even-worth-a-reply

    it's taking a long time BECAUSE it mostly affects killers negatively.

    bugs affecting killers negatively? low low low priority to fix and will take months, like sound bugs, the lunge on wraith and spirit, etc just to name a few

    bugs negatively affecting survivors? ALL HANDS ON FIXING THIS BUG, IT NEEDS TO GET FIXED NOW! that week probably it gets fixed. like the basement glitch, and the new current if you are in madness tier 3 decisive does not work anymore.


    BHVR is so survivor biased it is not even funny

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1020209#Comment_1020209

    it's taking a long time BECAUSE it mostly affects killers negatively.

    bugs affecting killers negatively? low low low priority to fix and will take months, like sound bugs, the lunge on wraith and spirit, etc just to name a few

    bugs negatively affecting survivors? ALL HANDS ON FIXING THIS BUG, IT NEEDS TO GET FIXED NOW! that week probably it gets fixed. like the basement glitch, and the new current if you are in madness tier 3 decisive does not work anymore.

    BHVR is so survivor biased it is not even funny

    In this case specifically, it doesn't affect only killers, it affects everyone. If you search the forum for matchmaking topics, you'll see lots of posts from red rank killers facing low rank survivors so, although it affects everyone (because even as high rank survivor it isn't fun to play aginst low rank killers) it mostly affects new players on both sides because they are constantly being paired up against high rank players.

  • @asergioam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1020249#Comment_1020249

    In this case specifically, it doesn't affect only killers, it affects everyone. If you search the forum for matchmaking topics, you'll see lots of posts from red rank killers facing low rank survivors so, although it affects everyone (because even as high rank survivor it isn't fun to play aginst low rank killers) it mostly affects new players on both sides because they are constantly being paired up against high rank players.

    I 99% of the time see it as red rank survivors vs green/yellow rank killers


  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1020279#Comment_1020279

    I 99% of the time see it as red rank survivors vs green/yellow rank killers

    Wouldn't say 99%, but probably close to that. Matchmaking is a real mess right now and I just hope they fixt it soon, at least now that the new update as released they might have more time to focus on that.

  • @asergioam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1020322#Comment_1020322

    Wouldn't say 99%, but probably close to that. Matchmaking is a real mess right now and I just hope they fixt it soon, at least now that the new update as released they might have more time to focus on that.

    them fixing the DS bug is a bigger priority to them atm, because it is a fully negative survivor bug

  • Didn’t even know that there was a ds bug and i mostly play survivor. If they took that perk from the game I probably wouldn’t even notice it!