What makes that strange sound?

I know I sound like a crackhead but hear me out, everyone’s heard the sound that killers make at times right? It sometimes plays when you get gen/hook/window grabbed, and sometimes when the killer lunges. I think it’s only heard from the survivors POV though.

I’d try and summarize the sound but I don’t think I have enough brain cells to type out how it sounds.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • When they lunges? Like grunting?

  • @Mang_Anwar said:

    When they lunges? Like grunting?

    I wouldn’t say it’s a grunting sound, it’s high pitched and sounds mechanical if that makes any sense.

  • You mean the jumpscare noise? I believe it happens when the survivor gets grabbed, or when the killer comes out of Undetectable (such as if they've been using Insidious).

  • @Fibijean said:

    You mean the jumpscare noise? I believe it happens when the survivor gets grabbed, or when the killer comes out of Undetectable (such as if they've been using Insidious).

    For the most part yeah, grabs, undetectable reveals, etc.

    For some reason it doesn't work on Killers that suppress their Terror Radius to 0 or near 0 like Myers and GhostFace, it just activates a chase if you run away from them.

    Even they lunge at you out of nowhere it doesn't make the "jumpscare noise" or anything like that, that noise is specific and only works with certain conditions like grabs, locker grabs, grabs mid-vault, and sometimes undetectable reveals but not always for some reason.

  • @Fibijean said:

    You mean the jumpscare noise? I believe it happens when the survivor gets grabbed, or when the killer comes out of Undetectable (such as if they've been using Insidious).

    @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1016096#Comment_1016096

    For the most part yeah, grabs, undetectable reveals, etc.

    For some reason it doesn't work on Killers that suppress their Terror Radius to 0 or near 0 like Myers and GhostFace, it just activates a chase if you run away from them.

    Even they lunge at you out of nowhere it doesn't make the "jumpscare noise" or anything like that, that noise is specific and only works with certain conditions like grabs, locker grabs, grabs mid-vault, and sometimes undetectable reveals but not always for some reason.

    Aaahhh ok so that’s what that is! I’ve always wondered why it didn’t happen all the time and my question has finally been answered! Thanks guys!

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1016096#Comment_1016096

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1016631#Comment_1016631

    Aaahhh ok so that’s what that is! I’ve always wondered why it didn’t happen all the time and my question has finally been answered! Thanks guys!

    No problem! Glad we could help you out.