Just how many times have the devs lied
Let me check
1st time that I could recall that they said they weren't going to do a license to killer.
Then they released Freddie
2nd
What happened did not releasing a clown
OK now don't get me wrong theory I actually kind of like the look at this guy. Hes a depressed clown has they usually are.
However is still hurts that I've been lied to
OK I'm gonna have to edit this given the fact that people keep thinking that I'm upset about this. To be perfectly honest with you I knew this is gonna happen one day... Just didn't think it was going to be to day.
I guess when it comes down to the whole not telling the truth bit. I'm a little taken back that they were go against their own word. If you say you're not going to do something then don't do it.
As for the clown we currently possess I quite enjoyed the gameplay. Not to mention how quickly the Steam discussions are tearing themselves apart.
1st time that I could recall that they said they weren't going to do a license to killer.
Then they released Freddie
2nd
What happened did not releasing a clown
OK now don't get me wrong theory I actually kind of like the look at this guy. Hes a depressed clown has they usually are.
However is still hurts that I've been lied to
OK I'm gonna have to edit this given the fact that people keep thinking that I'm upset about this. To be perfectly honest with you I knew this is gonna happen one day... Just didn't think it was going to be to day.
I guess when it comes down to the whole not telling the truth bit. I'm a little taken back that they were go against their own word. If you say you're not going to do something then don't do it.
As for the clown we currently possess I quite enjoyed the gameplay. Not to mention how quickly the Steam discussions are tearing themselves apart.
Comments
so,... you are upset cus the devs lied twice about which kind of killers they will release? ok.
2. Does it matter what they tell you? It’s their game, they can decide what kind of DLCs they want to add or whatever.
well
I understand the frustration, and I agree at least on the Clown and potentially other killers whom might have a phobia associated with them.
So you are upset because the devs didn't want to spoil who the next killer will be
ummm... isn't DBD a horror game?
Isn't it a little backwards to be playing a horror game if you have phobias?
So, they weren't going to make a clown because people have a clown phobia?
This is a horror game right? Isn't that the point?
So, did they actually definitely say they wouldn't be doing a clown killer?
Receipts, please!
They said it in a stream, I think. I'm pretty sure that was to throw everyone off the scent, though. They had to have been working on this since the Pig's release.
I'm severely arachnophobic and I prefer not to look at spiders, however if a game has them I just move past them as quick as possible.
If people have phobias of a clown or a killer, then this game is not for them, respectfully.
You can't expect a developer to adjust their game for every single person out there with a phobia. It's unrealistic.
Things change and fears of basically everything exist. Such as the fear of doctors and yet we have the Doctor. There is honestly no way to cater to everyone. I'm quite happy they change their stance on having a clown Killer because I quite like having him.
Dont you mean they cannot Carter to everyone? Heeey...
...
I will get going now.
If they don't put out a press release stating we won't do this then you have to assume they're trying to be secretive about what they have planned just like very other game company out there. There's only 2 or 3 game companies out there that you totally can't trust even when they put a press release out.
Here’s what I found.
In the Vox poll - which involved 1,999 Americans and was conducted from 15-17 October this year - 42 percent of people surveyed said they were, in some way, afraid of clowns.Oct 25, 2016
According to the American Psychiatric Association, phobias affect more than one in ten people in the US, and of those individuals, up to 40% of phobias are related to bugs (including spiders), mice, snake and bats. There are clearly a lot of arachnophobes. But do they know why they fear spiders?May 20, 2015
while fear of doctors
David Yusko, clinical director at the University of Pennsylvania's Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, treats patients with iatrophobia – the medical name for fear of doctors. He says the phobia probably affects about 3 percent of the population.
Therefore research would point they didn’t cater for doctor fears because 3% and honestly most are more afraid of doctors because of needles rather than the doctor themselves. (In some websites I found it was 3 up to 10%)
So to cater to 40% isn’t catering it’s more respecting in my opinion.
If over 40% of a population has an issue it’s best to respect it and move on from it, do it makes more sense to honor it because it’s not a tiny percentage like a doctor at 3, it’s actually a really large percentage.