Should DS be reworked?
One of the main points that BHVR had when deciding to nerf Ruin was that it was used 80% of the time games in red ranks, so I'm curious: should DS be reworked because of how often it's used in red ranks?
I was playing a game recently, and I was hooked first, and then downed immediately after being unhooked, but the killer didn't bother to pick me up, which isn't uncommon, but I realized, NOBODY was running DS! there was no obsession, therefore, nobody was running DS, which doesn't happen often. Killers are so used to DS being run that any down even close to after a hook makes them slug.
After probably 30 seconds, I think the killer realized that nobody had DS, so he came back to pick me up, but it got me thinking: should DS be reworked the same way Ruin is?
You may think that it's different, because not every person runs DS every game, but it only takes 1 person running DS to make the killer have to slug you if they think they've downed you too soon after a hook.
It's maybe 1 in 20 games that I play that there's no obsession (I don't run DS very often, I'm more of a hook saving and healing player) which would be 95% of games having DS (potentially) so should DS be reworked so that it's less powerful based mainly on that stat?
Comments
Nah... Lessen the power of DS, you increase the power of tunneling.
I was about to say that what you just mentioned
"For example, someone who has DS who makes a save, has their DS disabled. You can't complain about being tunneled if you are literally unhooking someone else who got hooked after you got hooked. And even then, you can simply not go for the unhook to keep your DS."
DS should be disabled after someone else has been hooked.
Its too strong and I honestly don't ever start a game without it, because you can even punish the killer for overperforming.
Matches that 2+ peples are hooked under a minute and then the first hooked still uses DS, are not uncommon.
Specially on death squads that use the same blendette.
And I also think that adrenaline off the hook is kinda op (which is also why i also always run it along with DS)
It's way too strong. Probably the best perk in the entire game still. You can punish the killer, even when the killer did not tunnel or you're just playing very cocky. Slugged, isn't a punishment. It buys survivors time in some cases and DS is one of em. Especially in SWF.
It's a single use perk. If they want to unhook someone when hey have been unhooked, so what? It can be used once in a game and is a 5 second stun.