If you play both Survivor and Killer, are you happy or upset about the Ruin change overall?

I've been thinking ever since it was announced, initially I thought it was too much of a nerf... I still think it is honestly. But as someone who plays 50/50 I honestly think my joy of not having to worry about my teammates being unable to work through Ruin overshadows my displeasure as a killer. I can replace Ruin, but the ability to not worry of 2-3 teammates literally doing nothing until Hex Ruin is found is a greater benefit to me.

I don't think there is any right answer here, and please let's not argue that's been done to death. Just curious what other people that do both roles almost equally think.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @Elegant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1006209#Comment_1006209

    I think they are aware at the state of the maps. But, it takes a lot of time and effort to fix them and they won't make any money off of fixing it. In their roadmap they promised that they would rework a map every so often as part of the year roadmap. But, even though they really need to just take a chapter off and focus on the maps, they very likely won't because of the drop in revenue it would cause. Personally I would be ok with buying a map update DLC that everyone needed in order to play the game if that would get them to focus on map changes. The maps are the only thing holding this game back. This is the only multiplayer game where i don't have a favorite map and don't really love any of the maps. I'm just indifferent to all of them.

    They are 230 people, if they want they can handle it easily.


  • @Elegant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1006209#Comment_1006209

    I think they are aware at the state of the maps. But, it takes a lot of time and effort to fix them and they won't make any money off of fixing it. In their roadmap they promised that they would rework a map every so often as part of the year roadmap. But, even though they really need to just take a chapter off and focus on the maps, they very likely won't because of the drop in revenue it would cause. Personally I would be ok with buying a map update DLC that everyone needed in order to play the game if that would get them to focus on map changes. The maps are the only thing holding this game back. This is the only multiplayer game where i don't have a favorite map and don't really love any of the maps. I'm just indifferent to all of them.

    They really aren't. People give them FAR too much credit about what they're aware of that it's painful. A cursory look through the patch history of the game shows people that have no idea how the game plays out with competent players, yet they end up balancing for low ranks while aiming for a "e sports ready" title.

  • I play both sides get to rank 1 on both sides and i can say Ruin changes was needed.

    it was unfair and tedious for newer player base.(its a casual(non-esports)game)

    but with the ruin changes they need to add better hiding spots then placing it out in the open.

    Also to stop giving out notifications that there is a Hex totem in play.

    then we can see who is the real red rank killers that dont get carried by Ruin.

  • Ruin shouldn't be a problem for new players if they fix matchmaking.

  • @Tenebro said:

    Ruin shouldn't be a problem for new players if they fix matchmaking.

    Not exactly

  • Ruin itself doesn’t bother me more than the survivor bias the update showed. I play both sides but I’m avoiding killer right now.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    As a killer I hate it because it was unwarranted and the reasoning behind it is extremely flawed. It screws over low mobility killers like Bubba, Clown, and definitely nerfs Trapper, with no compensation for those killers to balance it out.

    As a survivor I dislike it, because hitting Ruin great skill checks was the only thing skillful about doing generators. It was legitimately the only thing that made generators more engaging. Now the only thing you can do to be engaged is looking around for the killer. That's it. They actually removed an interesting game mechanic for the sake of new players AKA Cash Cows.

    Ruin doesn't add skill checks to generators, those were already there. :))

  • Im okay with it, everyone is overreacting, i understand the anger but not the outrage

  • I don't care going against ruin, alot of my matches I end up with people that bang out great skill checks anyway, I suck at them but I do now and then try do Gene's with ruin active, but hey ho, totems spawns are terrible for killer so easy fix to get rid of ruin lol I don't think it need a change, or at least not right now, maps need to change and the possibility of 100 other issues that will never get fixed xD

1 2 3 4 ›