Which patch did you like the most and why?
My favorite was 1.9.3
-there was no store
-there were all the offerings that were present in the game
-New Moon Bouquet
-there was no blury graphics
-and in general the graphics were prettier (for me)
but of course he, too, is not without sin
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
@LaggyDBD232
I can't personally say, I don't have a "favorite version" because I don't really pay attention to that... in a sense.
I just play and follow along with whatever is given to us in each new version, thats about it. I never really thought about WHAT the best version was in the past. I guess I liked the GhostFace version? I guess? Cause it added GhostFace...?
I don't know, I never thought about it because it's just an update to DBD, its not really something you'd naturally think back to and say "This was my favorite DBD patch!"
2.2.0.
1.0.4 was the most fun for me. A lot of infinites have been cut and survivors started slowly touching pallets and other windows, and not just infinites 24/7. There were no rules, no metas, no tierlists. Billy could flick, bump into space, he was so bugy overall. It was great. My most fond memory was around that time, when you could bumb onto the harvester infinite to fly off and land on top of it to dunk the survivor with a revving chainsaw. It was hilariously fun and stupid.
3.2.0
DbD is my favorite game and i love Stranger Things. I was beyond hyped when the Stranger Things Chapter was revealed/released.
DbD and Stranger things combining was a dream fanboy moment for me.
Didn't the Iron Grasp and Agitation meta still exist in 2016?
The infamous Jake Park would break all the hooks and force the Killers to use the basement... or something along those lines. And since hooks didn't respawn back than, this is why people used those two perks for the most part.
Iron Grasp was meta, since it gave a massive 60% more time. Straight to the basement from almost anywhere. I miss the Sabo meta, thats when killers had time and games were chill. Although without IG, you were really screwed, so it was a polarizing meta.
But yet, it was a meta.
Which was the point I was trying to make, as you said there was no metas and I disagree with that. There will always be a meta, whether it's with perks, a dominate Killer, or way of playing.
It doesn't matter what game it is or if the meta is so... "forgettable" I guess.
Oh i didnt realise you were responding to that line specifically. Yeah... if there was one meta back then, it was probably the Trinity. Sprintburst, Selfcare, Saboteur. Balanced as all things should be.
With no meta, i meant there were no role models to tell you, which were the best perks, which killers is the best, how to run a tile. Palletlooping didnt even have a name. We just equipped our best stuff and clicked join lobby - Meta. Which resulted in the Trinity meta
I don't think that's what a meta is... people telling you what's and isn't the best things to use or do.
A meta can be defined by these factors:
There are other small things as well, but I think you already understand this. I'm just explaining it to get to the point.
the point of what i'm getting at here
Basically, we both agree that metas exist, but I think the way you see things as a meta is different than mine or others, or something. Or i'm reading too into it, which is not surprising for me.
I think you think a bit too much about the term meta^^
You're right, there was a perk meta. Sprintburst, Selfcare, Saboteur vs Brutal Strength, Iron Grasp. But outside out of that, the "meta" was quickly changing. Wraith was meta first month, then Trapper for months, then Billy with arrowkey glitch, then Nurse. Then DS joined the meta.
It was an evolving meta. Whereas today every good survivor plays the same. Looping tiles efficiently the same way, standing on the eversame safe spots, checking the only need angle for mindgames. The game is played out. Back then it was wild apart from the few overpowered perks. Today there is a clear understanding how to play optimally
Yes and I understand that, but what i'm trying to say is that a meta DID exist and that's what i'm getting it is all.
It was an evolving meta, but it was still a meta. A meta isn't defined by having many people knowing and explaining it to others, a meta can exist even if the game is new with not many people talking in it.
If you play a game that's 1 day old, and see others using a character or build that's more beneficial than the others, than you'll start using them too most likely. Hence, it becomes a meta.
3.4.0 because of the legion. But when he got nerfed, i was more happy to b** the legion.
Didn't people hate facing the legion?
Are you one of those that didn't when he came out? I personally loved the Legions original concept, the issue was mainly the add-ons though and a bit of balance.
window juke and pallet juke is the reason why i love facing the legion
also boulli de lijiun is foon.
Understandable...
Except for the bully part.
Bully weak killers into playing stronger killers that you don't like going against
The random patch where flashlight saves and pallet saves got buffed. That was fun
You mean double pallets?
Also, I don't remember flashlights being buffed... unless this was like 2016-2017-early 2018.
You could blind/stun at any moment in the animation for it to work. Instead of timing it
Sounds op, I prefer the current flashlight mechanics, the old one was kind of strange and OP at some points.
I remember having a blast with stacking STBFL and Unrelenting back in the day. It was just fun, not as much competitive but silly.