Re-hash discussion

So I mined a lot of salt last time I brought this up and I'm ready to can more sardines with it.

How come we're going to live forever is solely a BPS boost with no other aspect yet BBQ shows where other survivors are? I really think the BBQ should be 2 separate perks, or the BPS boost should be on a different perk (like monstrous shrine). My reasoning is so people who run it don't act like "they are just using it for BPS".

To beat some to the punch, I'm not entitled nor a survivor main and if you don't like this idea it's probably because you lean on this perk way to much. All I'm suggestioning is buffing "we're going to live forever" or divide "BBQ and Chili" into 2 separate perks.

Hiding in lockers isn't always possible, especially 1 gen away from EGC or in the middle of corn fields. Being within range of the hooked only promotes camping the hooked survivor. Last but not least, me don't the right thing does not prevent randos playing stupidly. On top of that, running iron maiden with BBQ prevents the counter altogether and either leaves you visibly exposed or physically exposed.

To be honest why this bugs me so much is the fact that playing a survivor, you have to play with 1 less perk to gain the boost but killers get a perk with their boost. Another thing is playing against legion with BBQ is near impossible to hide. Legion already has iron maiden and his power acts like BBQ. Lastly, all killers running it always use the BPS as a scapegoat. There is a reason survs don't run we're going to live forever but every killer runs BBQ.

Go ahead tunnelers, call me entitled.

Comments

  • I wouldn't mind seeing a buff to WGLF, but I run it all the time anyways. The change to Safe Unhooks now gives it a little more room to maybe get a buff in some fashion.

    I wouldn't change BBQ though. The aura read is good, it really does give Killers a reason to not "secure the kill", but without the BP bonus, I doubt many people would run it. It doesn't help the low mobility Killers very much, especially on the larger maps other than giving them a "rough" direction to head in after a hook.

    How many people actually run Iron Maiden though? I've tried it a few times, but it seems so situational that you're better off with something that'll give you more power over the course of the entire game. Legion is weak AF to begin with btw. He's more of a meme than a Killer imo.

    You don't need to block BBQ to prevent it catching you out though. Just move randomly, or in a fashion that throws the Killer off. Much more difficult against a Billy or similar with fast map travel abilities, but instead of just running around like mad, walk so you aren't throwing scratch marks everywhere and they'll probably move right on by you. Hiding is always an option, just have to count off the seconds on that aura read.

  • @Mringasa said:

    I wouldn't mind seeing a buff to WGLF, but I run it all the time anyways. The change to Safe Unhooks now gives it a little more room to maybe get a buff in some fashion.

    I wouldn't change BBQ though. The aura read is good, it really does give Killers a reason to not "secure the kill", but without the BP bonus, I doubt many people would run it. It doesn't help the low mobility Killers very much, especially on the larger maps other than giving them a "rough" direction to head in after a hook.

    How many people actually run Iron Maiden though? I've tried it a few times, but it seems so situational that you're better off with something that'll give you more power over the course of the entire game. Legion is weak AF to begin with btw. He's more of a meme than a Killer imo.

    You don't need to block BBQ to prevent it catching you out though. Just move randomly, or in a fashion that throws the Killer off. Much more difficult against a Billy or similar with fast map travel abilities, but instead of just running around like mad, walk so you aren't throwing scratch marks everywhere and they'll probably move right on by you. Hiding is always an option, just have to count off the seconds on that aura read.

    Like last time I posted this, you seem to be held up on thinking I hate the Aura part of BBQ. Like you said not ever killer really benefits from it, i.e. the less mobile killers and I would agree. The part that frustrates me is the killers that do benefit from it, you call them out like "let's see you do that without BBQ" only for them to say "I only use it for the BPS". Like no you don't you hillbilly/legion/Freddy and even a good artillery like huntress.

    I want you to be right in the fact that "noone would use it" if the BPS were moved. Then I could believe the killers that say they use it. The same way I'm using WGLF as a comparison to why it should be moved. Although I highly doubt even 50% of the killers that use it would stop.

    As for legion being the weakest killer, I disagree. I've played through all the killers and I thought legion was fun. Plus, if he was the weakest I don't think I would run into him as much. His power disrupts survs, finds other survs and makes him the second fastest killer (after hillbilly) while preventing pallet blocks. If you take skill away from the equation (can't emphasize that enough).

    Weakest killers would be nurse, clown, trapper and demogorgon. I know nurse can be played very god like but she has the highest skill curve of the game which is why she is the least seen killer in my experience (I truly get excited when I see it's a nurse, either extremely easy or very scary no in between). The rest, I don't see that often either in higher ranks. The trapper is very common in low ranks, and usually his traps are very easy to dodge especially since small game helps find them hexs.

    Again, I mainly think the BPS boost perks should be even for survs and killers, so either give WGLF something similar survs can use to say "I just use it for the BPS boost" or take that cop out excuse away from the BBQ+Hex ruin killers that make this gamer stale. And no I don't think hex ruin was ever OP.

  • There's nothing wrong with BBQ. It's a great perk. It's not OP and encourages killers not to camp/tunnel.

    I would assume the reason it has aura reading AND bonus BP is because the two are related. You get a token for each individual survivor hooked. So the game is basically saying "Look here are the other survivors, go and chase one of them rather than camping this guy and I'll give you bonus BP".

    I don't get why some survivors complain about this. It's ideal. I've rather have the killer come chase me than camp/tunnel the poor guy on the hook. It also helps keep the game pace moving along.

    WLGF could use something extra sure but that doesn't mean BBQ needs to be changed.

  • I agree that wglf could use a buff. I don't agree with the mentality that BBQ should get nerfed if you don't get your way. Sounds pretty childish. Just stick with trying to get wglf buffed.

  • Lol wow 2 more sardines who can't read.

    How can BBQ get nerfed if it's not OP? and I didn't say anything about changing the Aura part at all.

    And I complained about killers using a SCAPEGOAT like "I only use it for BPS boost" when in fact you see them scan the whole map after hooking.

    I don't care that they get a 4 second Aura reading. Make it longer once the boost is gone for all I care, cause people still camp with BBQ on and those people I believe when they say I use it just for the boost.

    How about all survivors get to see the killers Aura for 4 seconds when unhooking with WGLF? It won't be OP right?

  • In what world is splitting BBQ into two perks not a nerf?

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    Lol wow 2 more sardines who can't read.

    How can BBQ get nerfed if it's not OP? and I didn't say anything about changing the Aura part at all.

    And I complained about killers using a SCAPEGOAT like "I only use it for BPS boost" when in fact you see them scan the whole map after hooking.

    I don't care that they get a 4 second Aura reading. Make it longer once the boost is gone for all I care, cause people still camp with BBQ on and those people I believe when they say I use it just for the boost.

    How about all survivors get to see the killers Aura for 4 seconds when unhooking with WGLF? It won't be OP right?

    Honestly? I don't think an aura read with WGLF would be that bad of a thing.

    Since they changed it to safe unhooks, maybe give it a 2/3/4 second aura read on the Killer if they are within 32 meters of the Survivor. Not sure how this would work with taking a protection hit though, since the unhook part requires a safe. It could work out for either scoring event though.

    The only problem with this is I dislike the number of aura reading Perks Survivors already have right now. It's a personal thing, but imo Survivors shouldn't have access to aura reads without a SERIOUS drawback. As an example, OoO lets the Killer know where you are at too. I really feel that the uncertainty of knowing exactly where the Killer is at is one of the few tension builders in the game right now.

    Biased? Yeah, probably. It's just that aura reads for Survivors are extremely powerful since they can then communicate it immediately to their teammates. As a Killer, they simply help you find someone's general area. There's a lot of hiding places on maps, LoS blockers Survivors can use to their advantage, and Perks that will assist you. There's no Killer side Perk comparable to Discordance. The only one I would consider close is Third Seal, and that's a Hex which puts it in the realm of RNGesus as to whether it lasts all match (like Discordance) or if it's blown up in the first minute.

    An aura read could be balanced into WGLF, but maybe it should buff another area of Survivor gameplay instead. Increased self-healing speed (medkit and Perk), maybe a small speed boost like say 2/4/6% for a couple seconds when it procs (add this to the regular bonus for taking a hit if you score a protection hit to proc WGLF), your next skillcheck is auto-great, or pick something else that gives a nice tweak but isn't too overbearing.

    I do have to say though, that if you split that Perk into two separate ones, you are effectively nerfing its usefulness as an anti-camping tool. No one is going to give up two Perk slots at high ranks for this and you'll end up with a lot more camping and/or hard patrolling to offset the loss of the aura read for those who choose the BP side of things.

  • @Mringasa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999891#Comment_999891

    Honestly? I don't think an aura read with WGLF would be that bad of a thing.

    Since they changed it to safe unhooks, maybe give it a 2/3/4 second aura read on the Killer if they are within 32 meters of the Survivor. Not sure how this would work with taking a protection hit though, since the unhook part requires a safe. It could work out for either scoring event though.

    The only problem with this is I dislike the number of aura reading Perks Survivors already have right now. It's a personal thing, but imo Survivors shouldn't have access to aura reads without a SERIOUS drawback. As an example, OoO lets the Killer know where you are at too. I really feel that the uncertainty of knowing exactly where the Killer is at is one of the few tension builders in the game right now.

    Biased? Yeah, probably. It's just that aura reads for Survivors are extremely powerful since they can then communicate it immediately to their teammates. As a Killer, they simply help you find someone's general area. There's a lot of hiding places on maps, LoS blockers Survivors can use to their advantage, and Perks that will assist you. There's no Killer side Perk comparable to Discordance. The only one I would consider close is Third Seal, and that's a Hex which puts it in the realm of RNGesus as to whether it lasts all match (like Discordance) or if it's blown up in the first minute.

    An aura read could be balanced into WGLF, but maybe it should buff another area of Survivor gameplay instead. Increased self-healing speed (medkit and Perk), maybe a small speed boost like say 2/4/6% for a couple seconds when it procs (add this to the regular bonus for taking a hit if you score a protection hit to proc WGLF), your next skillcheck is auto-great, or pick something else that gives a nice tweak but isn't too overbearing.

    I do have to say though, that if you split that Perk into two separate ones, you are effectively nerfing its usefulness as an anti-camping tool. No one is going to give up two Perk slots at high ranks for this and you'll end up with a lot more camping and/or hard patrolling to offset the loss of the aura read for those who choose the BP side of things.

    You know I like you, you seem to actually put thought into other people's words and your own. I agree with you that Aura reading for survivors is a bit much especially when you add swf into the mix. Plus the tension/adrenaline rush is what got me addicted to this game in the first place.

    Consider this though. I thought of the best example to fully represent my complaint. I like NOED, I run it with my killers and I destroy it with detectives hunch/small game. But what if the killer claimed they only used it for the haste? I know the comparison is a bit extreme but imo it's basically the same thing. You don't just use NOED for the haste and you don't just use BBQ for the BPS; they're icing to the cake.

  • BBQ encourages killers to leave the hook. If you prefer them camping, your suggestion makes sense.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000166#Comment_1000166

    You know I like you, you seem to actually put thought into other people's words and your own. I agree with you that Aura reading for survivors is a bit much especially when you add swf into the mix. Plus the tension/adrenaline rush is what got me addicted to this game in the first place.

    Consider this though. I thought of the best example to fully represent my complaint. I like NOED, I run it with my killers and I destroy it with detectives hunch/small game. But what if the killer claimed they only used it for the haste? I know the comparison is a bit extreme but imo it's basically the same thing. You don't just use NOED for the haste and you don't just use BBQ for the BPS; they're icing to the cake.

    NOED has a haste effect? I actually forget about that all the time because the OHKO is so overpowering when it has a chance to proc. It's rare for me to see NOED though tbh, I cleanse every totem I come across so if it actually procs, it's a legit surprise to me.

    But with BBQ, I dunno. I actually do run it for the BP boost because I always forget to glance around and look for auras. Lol. I don't have it on many Killers though, I keep prestiging them, so I'm not used to it at all. I also main Hag, and BBQ is a complete waste on her in my eyes unless you are using it for the BP bonus.

    No, I don't think the comparison is that extreme to be fair. It's like Devour Hope has a Haste effect at 1 or 2 stacks when the person is unhooked (can never remember which), but no one ever talks about that. They're always about the OHKO and/or Mori. I use it a lot myself, and never even consider how that could help me in situations.

    I think with BBQ you need both effects though for it to work as intended, as a reward for not camping/patrolling but for engaging the Survivors away from the hook. It has the aura read to draw a Killer away from the hooked person, then the bonus BP to reward the Killer for hooking everyone (at tier 3) making them actually want to move off the hook and engage. If you split those up into 2 Perks, it loses a lot of it's effectiveness as an anti-camping Perk unless the developers come up with something to reward Killers for not camping.

    Otherwise, what's the point of not Camping and securing that kill? If you move off the hook and end up with 4 escapes rather than 2-4k, you will lose out on emblems and BP. With BBQ I think it's the best of both worlds, because you can at least be satisfied with the extra BP if you get outplayed and end up with a 0k.

  • @Mringasa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000347#Comment_1000347

    NOED has a haste effect? I actually forget about that all the time because the OHKO is so overpowering when it has a chance to proc. It's rare for me to see NOED though tbh, I cleanse every totem I come across so if it actually procs, it's a legit surprise to me.

    But with BBQ, I dunno. I actually do run it for the BP boost because I always forget to glance around and look for auras. Lol. I don't have it on many Killers though, I keep prestiging them, so I'm not used to it at all. I also main Hag, and BBQ is a complete waste on her in my eyes unless you are using it for the BP bonus.

    No, I don't think the comparison is that extreme to be fair. It's like Devour Hope has a Haste effect at 1 or 2 stacks when the person is unhooked (can never remember which), but no one ever talks about that. They're always about the OHKO and/or Mori. I use it a lot myself, and never even consider how that could help me in situations.

    I think with BBQ you need both effects though for it to work as intended, as a reward for not camping/patrolling but for engaging the Survivors away from the hook. It has the aura read to draw a Killer away from the hooked person, then the bonus BP to reward the Killer for hooking everyone (at tier 3) making them actually want to move off the hook and engage. If you split those up into 2 Perks, it loses a lot of it's effectiveness as an anti-camping Perk unless the developers come up with something to reward Killers for not camping.

    Otherwise, what's the point of not Camping and securing that kill? If you move off the hook and end up with 4 escapes rather than 2-4k, you will lose out on emblems and BP. With BBQ I think it's the best of both worlds, because you can at least be satisfied with the extra BP if you get outplayed and end up with a 0k.

    They could penalize face camping. Just made a post about that. I was solo survivor, usually swf, and I did 60% of gens and totems but still got wrecked from NOED. 3 died and noone earned more points than the killer who face camped first hook of the game until death. I didn't get a chance for altruism or boldness points as I was the forest downed by NOED.

    I get what your saying but they can still get the boost even if they camp the hooked survivor. They only need the first hook for the boost. Face camp until death and have an easier 3v1 match. 25k still turns to 50k while survs are left below 20k even if they played smart.