Do you think there should be a new gamemode for Dbd?

I was thinking there should be a offline play or Practice or a Casual game section. Idk these are just things that I saw other people bring up and thought it was cool

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The devs already have enough on their plate with the core game. If we'd have multiple gamemodes, they'd never even be remotely balanced.

  • Definitely a possibility. The game needs a big rework, but BHVR has the most toxic community and a new mode would never be a possibility without a cult community.

  • @TommyFredo said:

    Definitely a possibility. The game needs a big rework, but BHVR has the most toxic community and a new mode would never be a possibility without a cult community.

    wouldnt say dbd has the most toxic community, and i dont see the point you want to make. So, the toxic community doesn't want the game to have new content ? I dont get your point.

  • People want unranked mode, but they forget matchmaking would be even worse and players would use that mode to be extremely annoying to others as they wont unrank by acting like idiots.

    Also a solo mode would be pointless.

    So a hide and seek mode ? yeah well go play Garry's mod then, we dont need the devs to spend months on that kind of stuff, when the game still has problems to deal with

  • Multiple modes will mess with the matchmaking

  • 2 killers vs 8 survivors:

    9 gens to do.

    Super small maps

    The killers can't choose the same killer, this is for survivors too.

    The engame colapse duration :1 minute

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/995578#Comment_995578

    wouldnt say dbd has the most toxic community, and i dont see the point you want to make. So, the toxic community doesn't want the game to have new content ? I dont get your point.

    I'm saying the community doesn't like change. New content is amazing, but a game-mode is content that the community doesn't want. They always say that it would make the queue times already longer. I've mentioned a competitive game-mode and everybody is against it due to their skill levels not being up to par with what I was suggesting. A new game-mode would take a huge rework to the game (cross-play, new servers, a DLC that draws more people back to the game, etc.) That's the point I'm trying to make. Yes, no matter what you say the community is very toxic when it comes to making change to the game.

  • If we're talking about a kind of practice arena, like a Kill Your Friends but without the Friends, where people can just explore maps, experiment with different mechanics, hone their skills in looping or landing a killer's power, I'm absolutely on board with that. I'd like to think it wouldn't take a lot of effort, and would be incredibly rewarding for a lot of players.

    As far as any other kind of new game mode goes, though, I think they should stick to one for now. Anything else which requires new mechanics or structures to be built would spread the team's resources too thin. Better to do one thing well than two things badly.

  • I know the devs have enough to do already, but I'd love something like a story mode or some playable lore. Like, the videos you get from archive challenges but playable would be really cool