Why I'll Miss Ruin

The skill checks.

Now every skill check will be normal. How boring.

At least shrink the "good" area a bit. Or even add a small failure zone onto them.

Half of Survivor gameplay is skill checks. They don't feel very skillful to me.

Comments

  • The downside to Ruin that I wasn't fond of was the RNG: receiving basically 50 skill checks in one go, one right after the other - I was bound to miss quite a bit by landing good skill checks and end up regressing back to zero.


    Can really be said of normal skill checks as well; skill check after skill check is quite annoying, as you are bound to end up exploding the generator.

  • Great skill checks will still be very much worth going for. I go for them almost always. That's one reason why I never had an issue facing Ruin.

  • @ImmortalReaver said:

    Great skill checks will still be very much worth going for. I go for them almost always. That's one reason why I never had an issue facing Ruin.

    Sure, I'm not saying great skill checks are worthless. Just that skill checks are.. well, boring. They need to be made more dynamic somehow.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993874#Comment_993874

    Sure, I'm not saying great skill checks are worthless. Just that skill checks are.. well, boring. They need to be made more dynamic somehow.

    Taze your leg every time you don't get a great skill check. That should spice things up a bit.

  • @ImmortalReaver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993882#Comment_993882

    Taze your leg every time you don't get a great skill check. That should spice things up a bit.

    Hahahaha good tip. Maybe I'll try it sometime ;)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    We can't lower the skill check zone. Then we're just back to the same issue of small skill checks being "too frustrating" for new players they want to milk the wallets of.

    I know, you're right. I doubt anything will be done. I guess I made this post hoping there were others like me that think skill checks are too mundane.