Pop and surge now work together

Idk if they ever announced it or something if not they shadow buffed it in. I watched Otz new video of the forbidden legion technique and I noticed when he downed someone and surge went off it used his pop. I was curious so I went to a private game and tried it out, AND YES IT WORKS NOW! and it works on multiple gens if they’re close enough. Oh man I can’t wait to try out something really dirty now.... POP.... SURGE.... RUIN..... SURVEILLANCE.... MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Uhh, this has been here for a while but unless they changed something I got some bad news for you. Surge uses up PGTW but doesn't actually USE PGTW on the gens. So you lose the perk timer and get no value from it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Uhh, this has been here for a while but unless they changed something I got some bad news for you. Surge uses up PGTW but doesn't actually USE PGTW on the gens. So you lose the perk timer and get no value from it.

    No it’s changed. I tested it out a half done gen got reduced by 25% and the PGTW sparks were popping out of the gen as well. It actually works

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993062#Comment_993062

    No it’s changed. I tested it out a half done gen got reduced by 25% and the PGTW sparks were popping out of the gen as well. It actually works

    I mean the PGTW sparks mean that it was regressed with a perk, cause surge gave them out too. But hey, I'll have to take your word that it works till I can get some friends to test it out with

  • Would be nice if it's true

    More perk combo's would sattisfy my inner Johny combo player

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993062#Comment_993062

    No it’s changed. I tested it out a half done gen got reduced by 25% and the PGTW sparks were popping out of the gen as well. It actually works

    Imagine regressing 25% from multiple generators, spicy! 😁

  • @djsponge10 said:

    Idk if they ever announced it or something if not they shadow buffed it in. I watched Otz new video of the forbidden legion technique and I noticed when he downed someone and surge went off it used his pop. I was curious so I went to a private game and tried it out, AND YES IT WORKS NOW! and it works on multiple gens if they’re close enough. Oh man I can’t wait to try out something really dirty now.... POP.... SURGE.... RUIN..... SURVEILLANCE.... MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

    Even if that is true if you take ruin neither pop or surge will be of any use until the ruin totem is broken, if they don't break it and just power through you are going to be in trouble.

    You can't pop or surge a gen that is already regressing.

  • that sounds really cool!

    i didnt know that, thanks for the heads up :D


    now regarding your idea, do we know if Ruin works with pop? and if so, how will it work? will it just apply pop to the next gen that starts regressing? in that case the survivors might actually be able to play around it by getting a random gen to 1% and then letting ruin pop it down to 0% again.

    and does surge work while ruin is up?

    does surge apply pop even when someone is currently working on the gen? (i hope so xD)

    i think im gonna test that out when the new update releases... that sounds like there are some very interesting combos that'd be worth a shot.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120153/pop-and-surge-now-work-together

    Even if that is true if you take ruin neither pop or surge will be of any use until the ruin totem is broken, if they don't break it and just power through you are going to be in trouble.

    You can't pop or surge a gen that is already regressing.

    It’s a wombo combo. If a survivor is on a gen it’ll work but it’s really for when it’s end game and there’s a 3 gen and they break your ruin once good survivors see this (or break it earlier) playing doctor with the combo would be very sufficient

  • @Mister_xD said:

    that sounds really cool!

    i didnt know that, thanks for the heads up :D

    now regarding your idea, do we know if Ruin works with pop? and if so, how will it work? will it just apply pop to the next gen that starts regressing? in that case the survivors might actually be able to play around it by getting a random gen to 1% and then letting ruin pop it down to 0% again.

    and does surge work while ruin is up?

    does surge apply pop even when someone is currently working on the gen? (i hope so xD)

    i think im gonna test that out when the new update releases... that sounds like there are some very interesting combos that'd be worth a shot.

    No it doesn’t it’s more like the PGTW and surge are an insurance policy when survivors break ruin when you have a 3 gen going on

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993086#Comment_993086

    It’s a wombo combo. If a survivor is on a gen it’ll work but it’s really for when it’s end game and there’s a 3 gen and they break your ruin once good survivors see this (or break it earlier) playing doctor with the combo would be very sufficient

    The new ruin mechanics intentionally block out pop and surge, but at the same time I dunno if it will work on a gen or not...logically it SHOULD because surge then pop but I am skeptical.

    Would need to test that on the PTB or live when the update hits.

  • I think that might be a bug, if I'm not wrong, devs said Pop and Surge shouldn't stack.

  • The correct way to test this out is to have a Survivor repair a gen to slightly over 25% and then proc Surge with Pop active. If they do stack now, that gen should regress all the way down to zero.

  • otz said it was a bug in one of his streams

  • It does work, but fear not... It'll be fixed soon enough probably.