What if certain perks and killers only unlocked at high ranks?
What if dbd redid their format, instead of nerfing things? For example, what if killer perks like the original ruin, make your choice, devour hope, and Moris only unlocked once a player hit rank 7-8 or something?
As survivor, DS, keys, highly efficient tool boxes, etc also only unlocked at certain ranks.
This would inspire players to rank up to unlock things to make them competitive at high ranks and also make it fair for new players. Would be better than nerfing things across the board. Thoughts?
Comments
What happens if you intentionally derank or rank reset happens
Well that already happens, more than it should. I had a game earlier where every survivor (swf) was rank 16-18, yet had all purple top tier perks. One had p3 clothing on. They also played very well....too well for those ranks.
Deranking takes time and is unfair, but there’s no way around it if a person opts to do that.
So what's the point of locking perks behind rank if only new player mainly new killer players suffer
The reason I say killer players because low rank survivors can still be in a swf and ranking up with survivor is easier not to mention right now low rank killers can get paired with red rank survivors
Well they’d have to tweak it to find the sweet spot, but when I started killer I had no perks besides base and got 4ks pretty quick. I didn’t suffer playing as a new killer. Now as survivor, it was brutal for a loooong time.
What do you think would help balance the game for new vs seasoned players?
I have no idea when you started but I assume when you played killer the survivors were around your skill level but that might have been when matchmaking was better nowadays a killer can be paired with any rank which hurts both parties since it's a miss match of skill
Imo survivor is really only brutal if you have potato teammates who take 5 min to do a single gen but you can't really change potato
I'd buff killers and cut down on map size and pallets but increase foliage and hiding spots so there is an emphasis on stealth rather than looping
Oh no. The matchmaking blows. I’m rank 4 survivor and rank 12 killer. I keep getting matched with rank 4-6 survivors when playing killer. That would need to be top priority getting fixed before they could make any perks locked.
Ive started mainly playing killer to get insight into what it’s like so I can be better at game and see issues from both sides.
I think it's a good idea, this would actually make getting to purple or red ranks something rewarding and not punish the new players, which is what I think BHVR had in mind when they decided to nerf ruin in spite of screwing over 80% of the population.
Exactly. They could even bring back nurse and spirit as they were before nerf, to be used at red ranks since they performed so well.
That would kinda suck if you suck.
Can't play your favorite Killer anymore because you can't reach purple ranks.