Should Hex totems start as a dull totem for the first minute of the match?
All Hex totems start as dull totems but their abilities still work. This would greatly increase the odds of the totem surviving and make late game Hex totems, such as Hex: the Third Seal, more viable. Note that the only the Hex perk that is really ran is Hex Ruin. The other Hex perks are not ran because they take too long to have impact but have a high risk of being cleansed before then. Survivors would still have counterplay. They could cleanse Dull Totems if they really wanted to remove it or just wait a minute. If this is too strong or weak, just adjust 1 minute to another time.
Comments
I'd rather you'd be able to place your hex on dull totems again. If it's devour or lullaby it would restart with 0 stacks.
The problem with that is it would make Hex: Haunted Grounds obvious. If they spot any totem early in the game, it is safe to assume it is Haunted Ground. Also self-placed totems would probably be too strong. Survivors would have to check have crevice for the totem.
Maybe, but only if you ignore the totems. I mean, when I play survivor I always run across two totems and cleanse them; only two dull totems left, plus there are three other survivors who will probably run across a dull totem aswell. In the end survivors could have the ability to deny the killer the ability of placing a hex again and we all know that cleansing a dull totem doesn't take very long, so I doubt it would be op.