How to Rework Leatherface
Firstly, you have to analyze the killer as is & determine what his strong points & weak points are.
Strong Points:
1) Can instadown people. This includes multiple people in one shot.
2) Chainsaw breaks pallets, has a little mindgame potential in this.
3) Super strong basement potential.
Weak Points:
1) Tantrum - bumping into objects causes a 5 sec stun where his chainsaw still hits. (More of a hinderance than a help).
2) Chainsaw Slow Down - when revving your chainsaw, the character is significantly slowed down. His speed/acceleration at base are a little too low to help aid in catching up a good amount of times.
3) Worst Add-on Kit
4) Chainsaw Rev Up Bar - you have to completely rev up his chainsaw bar to activate it, which at times messes you up when you are fully revved & you let go just to have him put the chainsaw down (robbing you of a chainsaw hit).
5) No mobility/gen pressure.
Then, you have to think what about his overall character is like. He is known mostly for his chainsaw & crazy behavior (which they have sort of captured, but gave him too many negatives when using his chainsaw).
So my proposed new idea:
His chainsaw sweep would work as normal, but with some tweaks to how it functions. His attack area cone would be slightly reduced as to prevent the hitting of objects off screen. Bumping into an object would be the equivalent of what Hillbilly's bump stun is (I believe 2 seconds) with no active chainsaw swings during the stun. His charge up bar for his chainsaw sweep would function similar to how Plague's purge charge up works, where he only swings for a certain amount of time depending on how full the bar was (a full bar = 7 swings currently). The longer he charges up his chainsaw, the further he travels & the faster his acceleration is. His base chainsaw sweep speed would be increased from 126.5% to 128%. His acceleration rate at base should be increased slightly as well.
He also would have an ability called Tantrum that allows him to sprint a good distance quickly, but unable to attack while in it (similar to Spirit's phase walking). He runs at 175% speed & holds his chainsaw above his head while making his loud tantrum noises. It lasts for 15 seconds. After being used, it goes into a cooldown of 30 seconds (less of a cooldown if he does not deplete the full power guage bar). Coming out of Tantrum, he has a 3 second cooldown before he can attack & proceed with chase as normal. This would work under the activate ability button as long as it's being held.
Finally, his add-ons would be overhauled. Keep chainsaw sweep speed & charge speed add-ons the same (slightly increase the sweep speed add-on values, & they would apply to Tantrum mode as well). Speed limiter would also remain the same. His chainsaw acceleration & cooldown add-ons would all change to work on his tantrum mode (increasing Tantrum duration, lowering the cooldown, etc.) His chain add-ons would apply effects to the hit survivor, but would be until healed rather than timed (Mangled, Blindness, Hemmorage, severe action speed reductuons, whatever). His add-ons that currently deal with reducing the penalty for bumping into objects & sound of his chainsaw would change as well to be more unique. My ideas with these were an add-on that makes him silent & undetectable while using Tantrum, allows him to chainsaw a gen which regresses it at twice the average speed, reduces the cooldown coming out of tantrum, etc.
These are just some ideas I came up with to help make Leatherface an overall better killer. Let me know your thoughts below.
P.S. I know the devs said they are looking into making some changes to both him & Hillbilly, specifically with add-on changes.
Comments
Love it. and, I know it’s kinda of a weird suggestion, but Shadowborn COULD help so that you don’t bump into an object off screen. With Shadowborn you’re more aware of your surroundings
I honestly love this. I'm sure someone who puts more thought into it than I am may be able to point out why something may not work but this seems really interesting.
Yeah true, if only it came up in my bloodweb lol. But I feel Shadowborn should be an automatic adjustment setting for killers, not a perk tbh.
The biggest downside I see with this... is survivors might actually take him seriously. Feel like current Bubba gets grossly underestamated with survivors constantly assuming his gonna be stupid. The amount of times I see survivors not drop a pallet when they should have, just to realize I DIDNT just swing through the thing and the saw is coming up now...is great, lol. That moment of panic as they try to turn around real quick to drop it, but cant.
Well with my idea it kinda would still be that way, as his slowdown is still the same with just slight increases to base chainsaw speed & acceleration. They can either play it risky & get another loop in or they could drop the pallet & you can quickly saw through it. But yeah I get where you're coming from, just want to see Bubba shine for once lol.
I fully understand. I put alot of hours into Bubba, and Oni lvl map traversal would be nice.