My thoughts on Hex Ruin (please don’t fight)
So, I am a survivor main (Rank 1) and when I heard the news it kind of upset me. I get the devs wanting it not to be crushing for new players but... sink or swim. A lot of new survivors will go against new killers. They won’t have hex ruin. I played the game and learned. I searched the maps and learned the spawn points. I lost games cause I couldn’t find the totem and we got no gens done. But I played my next game. I got better.
Now the flip side, I’m a crappy killer (rank 16). I only play to do challenges and stuff. I mainly ply legion (take that as you will). And I need hex ruin cause I’m not a good enough killer. I need the game to be stalled out longer so I can at least get some hooks in. And I feel a lot of new killers need the same. I know it’s a double edge sword situation cause you can’t do one without screwing the other over. But hex has a huge counter play to it, find the totem.
Last, by no means do I think the devs are choosing a side over all. Yes this time it’s the survivors favor but a couple of months ago we got insta-heals taken away and recently the balanced landing nerf (which I actually agree with). I’m sure something for the killer side will be buffed and survivors will say “ThE DeVs OnLy CaRe AbOuT ThE CrY BaBy KiLlErS”. I know it’s easier to see the things that trouble us personally but we have to stop all the toxic and rudeness in this fandom.
Comments
I agree with the sentiment, but overall there have been more killer nerfs than survivor ones in recent history. Nurse, Spirit, Oni, and Freddy Nerfs, plus a Legion rework (3rd in a row, but isn't great or bad). Compare that to Instaheal removal.
Those who were great with Nurse still can be, but the overall opinion is that Nurse isn't fun.
Spirit isn't either since they got rid of what made her fun, the ability to be unpredictable. She just feels really slow when phasing now.
Killer favored: 1
Survivor favored: 5
I think the tally more or less shows the truth of the situation.
You forgot about balanced landing. Brings it up to:
Killer favored:2
Survivor favored:5
Still, that's a perk, not the core mechanics of survivors.
I could balance that out by saying ruin is getting gutted, but that implies that BL was a requirement to play survivor in high ranks which isn't true (you can play without ruin in red, but ruin gives a killer a lot of early game breathing room, which is usually really bad for most killers...).
Purple insta gives you prevention against insta downs, it was buffed. lol