What I learnt from Monto
So... The PTB is out and monto posted a vid where he plays as the new doc with ruin in an amazing perk combo. I learnt 4 things from it:
- Matchmaking is still broken AH, even in the PTB, he got to play against ranks 19 and 20 when being a rank 1 killer... Edit: I didn't know the PTB has weird matchmaking
- The grab animation is broken thanks to dedicated servers...
- The doctor looks and feels different, I guess I'll have to try him...
- New RUIN is amazing with surveillance and HG when not broken
Comments
1. The matchmaking on the ptb is always weird. There's way less people playing.
2. Yeah...
3. Yeah...
4. It's ok with those.
Oh, didn't know that, still, how is matchmaking on PC?
I still get to play with yellow and grey ranks when I'm a rank 3 vs a rank 2 or 1 killer on Xbox
Easily explained with swf.
Don't make matchmaking conclusions from PTBs.
Ranks aren't considered (at least not nearly as much), and there are barely any players compared to live.
What? I'm a solo rank 3 and I get paired with a 3 men SWF yellow and grey ranks vs a red rank killer cause I'm the highest rank and that's easily explained...?
Yes, I edited it on post cause I didn't know
Swf only takes into account the highest ranked member. So yes. It does explain why yellow and gray ranks could face red ranks.
If you are the only red rank than something else happened.
I heard that ranks 16-20 will always get into a match, so they don't have a cap on rank disparity (they just need to wait long enough)
Well now I see why ruin got nerfed. ๐
Yes, I was the only red rank, playing solo, I don't have pics of nowdays as red, but I have some as purple from about a week and a half ago. I've reported this several times BTW
Seems like what I told you. Ranks 16-20 will Always get into a match if they wait long enough. Even if it's like that
Grabs have been broken for well over a year. Dedicated servers just made them more obvious.
Yes they have, I forgot to write "are still", hehehe