New survivors cant hit ds/overcharge skillchecks.

So if were on the topic of new survivors not being able to hit skill checks what about overcharge and DS? We just gonna make the skill check half the screen? Not like the survivors are kinda hand held now already. Oh and i guess unnerving presence should no longer make the skill checks smaller because then how are the new survivors gonna hit those?

Comments

  • The DS skillcheck already feels like its as big as half of the screen. So I dont think there would be a difference. :D

  • Decisive is hardly used in low ranks unless a survivor actually plays Laurie, even then you have practice. Overcharge is definitly something I wish was something different, it's a really hard thing to hit. Unnerving Presence isn't too bad if you're decent at skill checks. Over all tho Overcharge and Unnerving Presence I don't see used much at all.

  • @RPGWolfGamer23 said:

    Decisive is hardly used in low ranks unless a survivor actually plays Laurie, even then you have practice. Overcharge is definitly something I wish was something different, it's a really hard thing to hit. Unnerving Presence isn't too bad if you're decent at skill checks. Over all tho Overcharge and Unnerving Presence I don't see used much at all.

    psst its a joke post because new survivors couldnt hit ruin...

  • Thank you for your concern for the new survivors.

    There is what the survivors choose, and what they suffer.

    DS is chosen and is limited to... 2 uses ideally and at most, with difficult skillchecks.

    Ruin - because it's your real concern - is something sudden. Skillchecks are more difficult than DS, and Overcharge, the perfect being equivalent to Overcharge + Unnerving Presence... completely random, and countless if you don't destroy the totem, and even perfect, they are punitive.

    Overcharge is every time the killer destroys a generator. The skillcheck is predictable after the first time, but is quite difficult and very punitive if it fails.

    Difficult skillchecks must be rare if we want them to remain difficult. For me, the interest of the surviving game is not the absolute mastery of skillchecks.

    With Ruin, it was very difficult, systematic, almost every game. Yes, it was logical that the survivors would end up completely mastering all of the skillchecks and that others would rather seek out the Ruin and destroy it as soon as possible. But all this was undesirable, both for the survivors and for the killers.

    Yes, new players will probably be less able to master these difficult AND rare skillchecks. Which seems healthy to me. And they can always practice - by choice and not by obligation - on the generators.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    So if were on the topic of new survivors not being able to hit skill checks what about overcharge and DS? We just gonna make the skill check half the screen? Not like the survivors are kinda hand held now already. Oh and i guess unnerving presence should no longer make the skill checks smaller because then how are the new survivors gonna hit those?

    Remember when they showcased the first change to DS, they had the skillcheck be the whole bar so it was imposible to miss? Yeah, you and I jest but that may become a reality.

  • @Chatkovski said:

    Thank you for your concern for the new survivors.

    There is what the survivors choose, and what they suffer.

    DS is chosen and is limited to... 2 uses ideally and at most, with difficult skillchecks.

    Ruin - because it's your real concern - is something sudden. Skillchecks are more difficult than DS, and Overcharge, the perfect being equivalent to Overcharge + Unnerving Presence... completely random, and countless if you don't destroy the totem, and even perfect, they are punitive.

    Overcharge is every time the killer destroys a generator. The skillcheck is predictable after the first time, but is quite difficult and very punitive if it fails.

    Difficult skillchecks must be rare if we want them to remain difficult. For me, the interest of the surviving game is not the absolute mastery of skillchecks.

    With Ruin, it was very difficult, systematic, almost every game. Yes, it was logical that the survivors would end up completely mastering all of the skillchecks and that others would rather seek out the Ruin and destroy it as soon as possible. But all this was undesirable, both for the survivors and for the killers.

    Yes, new players will probably be less able to master these difficult AND rare skillchecks. Which seems healthy to me. And they can always practice - by choice and not by obligation - on the generators.

    So to quote your last sencence about "practice" why then could they not practice with Ruin up? Hell even if you feel you cannot get better through practice you had the ability to outright break the perk through cleansing.

    I struggled to do ruin skillchekcs (PS4) back in the day and would always hunt the totem. By doing this I learned many of the totem spawn locations and became quit proficiant at locating it. After deciding I wanted to get better at skillchekcs I stoped going after Ruin and instead focused my attention on it. I now regularly do gens through Ruin as if it weren't even up.

    Now that I am a veteran player (PS4 day 1 release) this new Ruin will be as easy to ignore as the screams of the new players I've been putting on hooks.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984088#Comment_984088

    So to quote your last sencence about "practice" why then could they not practice with Ruin up? Hell even if you feel you cannot get better through practice you had the ability to outright break the perk through cleansing.

    I struggled to do ruin skillchekcs (PS4) back in the day and would always hunt the totem. By doing this I learned many of the totem spawn locations and became quit proficiant at locating it. After deciding I wanted to get better at skillchekcs I stoped going after Ruin and instead focused my attention on it. I now regularly do gens through Ruin as if it weren't even up.

    Now that I am a veteran player (PS4 day 1 release) this new Ruin will be as easy to ignore as the screams of the new players I've been putting on hooks.

    I then try to be more radical. Skillchecks have never been interesting. There are much nicer rhythm games if you want to practice this skill. For me, we must limit their presence in DBD as much as possible.

    Sometimes I'm aiming for the perfect skillcheck, but sometimes - often - I'm lazy to focus so much on it. Ruin (its systematic presence and its random effect) absolutely didn't allow me to do that, on the main goal of the survivors.

    So rather than training, I was more like those who went to look for the Ruin immediately with Small Game. And the killers also complain about it.

    Killers should consider skillchecks to be the equivalent of pallet loops in terms of boredom and frustration.

    Yes, this change of Ruin does not please the killers. But keep in mind that its power in terms of slowdown (effective or desired) is not questioned.

    If the result was (more or less) good, the way involved a lot of bad things. A word of advice: accept the conditions of this change: forget the current skillchecks for Ruin, the issue is here, and the developers will probably not change their mind on it. But for everything else, including its effective power, the developers are surely very attentive.

  • @Atchoo said:

    The DS skillcheck already feels like its as big as half of the screen. So I dont think there would be a difference. :D

    Half the screen lol