Devs should balance game at different Ranks
If you’ve played this game long enough, you know it takes a solid amount of hours to learn maps, totem and generator locations, how to run tiles, etc.
This game has a huge skill gap, and cannot be balanced around one specific skill level because it will end up being just not fun to play for the other group of players. Devs should use the ranking system to their advantage, and balance game mechanics at each level.
I play survivor almost exclusively, but will play Trapper and Demo at Purples/Reds. I’ve always said this, old Ruin should be in every game at red ranks, and it shouldn’t take up a perk slot. Make it part of the base game. This game gets so boring if all you’re doing is repairing gens as an objective. Totems should be a bigger part of the game, and they shouldn’t punish killers for a perk slot. Here’s an idea to build off of:
Red ranks : Level 3 Ruin in every game, no perk slot
Purple : Level 2 Ruin, or just a slightly bigger great skill check zone.
Green : Level 1 Ruin, or even bigger great skill check zone
Yellow and Grays, Ruin is not a part of base kit, could even use the new Ruin for those ranks.
like I said, I’ve mainly played Survivor, and the game needs more to stay interesting and relevant. This is just a start, ideas?
Comments
They don't make an effort. 62% death against Clown LMAO. (Before Balanced Landing patch🤭)
In fine, I'm afraid to be smurfed.
Survivors (Including me): ima just de-rank then lol. Yellow ranks = ggez bully.
You could still derank and bully now though? You’re always going to have smurfs, and bullies that derank, but it won’t ever be the norm.