A positive thing I have to admit about BHVR (3.5.0)

Besides all the negative feedback (justifies imo) I have to admit that the Lery's map is insane... In a positive way! I'm really impressed!

The map design is very good, the colours are well picked (finally not super bright burning my eyes at night), super good high quality textures and it feels very well balanced even tho indoor maps tend to be killer sided. The loops aren't super safe like on bloodlodge (besides a few) and not ultra unsafe like on preschool or Hawkins. Imo it's the perfect middle ground of safe and mindgame-able.

Well done BHVR, I never thought I would ever enjoy playing on Lery's or any indoor map in general as survivor. I'm so excited to burn all my offerings I never used before (around 200+ on all survivors) and enjoy this map.

If your skill of designing maps like this would just apply across all maps and balance decisions... this game would be soooo good. Sadly, these outstanding moves are quite rare :/

Comments

  • Yep. I made my own post and don't mind commenting on every other post about it. The new lerys is amazing and I am actually excited to see future map reworks. It feels like an entirely new game at lerys now.

    And this praise is coming from someone in jail right now so you know I've been an ass lol.

  • @goat10em said:

    Yep. I made my own post and don't mind commenting on every other post about it. The new lerys is amazing and I am actually excited to see future map reworks. It feels like an entirely new game at lerys now.

    And this praise is coming from someone in jail right now so you know I've been an ass lol.

    Just out of curiosity, what was your standing point about old Lery's from survivor and killer perspective? For me it was one of my most hated maps (just Hawkins is topping it) as survivor and as killer I hated it when I picked oni, Nurse, Huntress, Billy, Bubba...

  • This is true BHVR visual arts team is amazing, incredible map style and great visuals

    The music department just as good, really great work on the themes.

    But Game Design and Balance, That is where they really drop the ball and make decisions that either get the response of "meh" or "?????"

  • I hated it as survivor. I think it still was my most hated even over Hawkins. I hated being billy, Oni, and honestly trapper at lerys. The extremely bright environment and really light floor made his traps really easy to spot. Especially if you use a tar bottle lol. Think he will actually do well there now though. And I absolutely owned lerys with hag.


    I'll add a friend I play with loved lerys. She can loop a killer all game in the center theater.

  • @goat10em said:

    I hated it as survivor. I think it still was my most hated even over Hawkins. I hated being billy, Oni, and honestly trapper at lerys. The extremely bright environment and really light floor made his traps really easy to spot. Especially if you use a tar bottle lol. Think he will actually do well there now though. And I absolutely owned lerys with hag.

    I'll add a friend I play with loved lerys. She can loop a killer all game in the center theater.

    Oh yeah forgot, Trapper was useless on old Lerys lol