PS4 Tutorials

I'm a long time player so no idea why I did the tutorials last night but a couple of points in case you weren’t aware:

  • Its an easy 50k blood points

  • The frame rate in the tutorial is so much better than the main game. Especially for killer. Its really worth trying just to see what it would be like on PS4 with better FPS. Everything is just smoother and feels nice. I suspect it would also be game changing and survivors wouldn’t be able to ‘slide show’ around you like they do at the moment. I really wish they could improve the main game in this regard.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Xbox player here and the tutorial is so smooth!!! I wish the full game would look like this. 
  • The tutorial doesn't prepare you for the game at all, it's kinda sa
  • Isn't the tutorial really small tho? That's why the framerate doesn't collapse

  • @Milo said:
    Isn't the tutorial really small tho? That's why the framerate doesn't collapse

    Yes of course. To what degree they could replicate that in the main game I have no idea. I would like to think it could be improved though. At the moment it just makes me want to buy a gaming PC....

    I do remember a devstream ages ago where they suggested they would lessen the detail on console to make the FPS better. Never happened though.

  • @Rex_Huin said:

    @Milo said:
    Isn't the tutorial really small tho? That's why the framerate doesn't collapse

    Yes of course. To what degree they could replicate that in the main game I have no idea. I would like to think it could be improved though. At the moment it just makes me want to buy a gaming PC....

    > I do remember a devstream ages ago where they suggested they would lessen the detail on console to make the FPS better. Never happened though.

    They been running their mouths for a year now about making some fixes to console, They haven't fixed anything and don't hold your breath. I have never seen a company constantly talk about things and never follow through as much as they do.

  • Rex_Huin said:

    I'm a long time player so no idea why I did the tutorials last night but a couple of points in case you weren’t aware:

    • Its an easy 50k blood points

    • The frame rate in the tutorial is so much better than the main game. Especially for killer. Its really worth trying just to see what it would be like on PS4 with better FPS. Everything is just smoother and feels nice. I suspect it would also be game changing and survivors wouldn’t be able to ‘slide show’ around you like they do at the moment. I really wish they could improve the main game in this regard.

    I wish we had close to that frame rate in game compared to what we are currently provided. This is a quality of life fix. Stop asking for more money from the store for skins and fix the actually game on console.
  • @Rex_Huin said:

    @Milo said:
    Isn't the tutorial really small tho? That's why the framerate doesn't collapse

    Yes of course. To what degree they could replicate that in the main game I have no idea. I would like to think it could be improved though. At the moment it just makes me want to buy a gaming PC....

    > I do remember a devstream ages ago where they suggested they would lessen the detail on console to make the FPS better. Never happened though.

    They been running their mouths for a year now about making some fixes to console, They haven't fixed anything and don't hold your breath. I have never seen a company constantly talk about things and never follow through as much as they do.

    I know that politicians like to do that.
  • The reason why the tutorial runs so much smoother is basically because it's only loading a handful of tiles at any given time. Compare that to regular maps which can contain up to 215 tiles. Not to mention extra clutter all over for detail, objectives, etc.

    Would be amazing if it could run that smooth all the time, but that's why the tutorial is so much smoother at the moment.

  • Peanits said:

    The reason why the tutorial runs so much smoother is basically because it's only loading a handful of tiles at any given time. Compare that to regular maps which can contain up to 215 tiles. Not to mention extra clutter all over for detail, objectives, etc.

    Would be amazing if it could run that smooth all the time, but that's why the tutorial is so much smoother at the moment.

    Lovely, so no info about this issue whatsoever. **sigh**
  • Peanits said:

    The reason why the tutorial runs so much smoother is basically because it's only loading a handful of tiles at any given time. Compare that to regular maps which can contain up to 215 tiles. Not to mention extra clutter all over for detail, objectives, etc.

    Would be amazing if it could run that smooth all the time, but that's why the tutorial is so much smoother at the moment.

    Im assuming you are on pc. Frames in console especially on several maps are garbage. Play on on console for a week. If we got it back to even before 2.0 it would be a massive upgrade.
  • @fcc2014 said:
    Peanits said:

    The reason why the tutorial runs so much smoother is basically because it's only loading a handful of tiles at any given time. Compare that to regular maps which can contain up to 215 tiles. Not to mention extra clutter all over for detail, objectives, etc.

    Would be amazing if it could run that smooth all the time, but that's why the tutorial is so much smoother at the moment.

    Im assuming you are on pc. Frames in console especially on several maps are garbage. Play on on console for a week. If we got it back to even before 2.0 it would be a massive upgrade.

    I would kill for pre-2.0 fps Now i can barely play killer on certain maps because the massive fps drops that nearly crash my game :(

  • @fcc2014 said:
    Peanits said:

    The reason why the tutorial runs so much smoother is basically because it's only loading a handful of tiles at any given time. Compare that to regular maps which can contain up to 215 tiles. Not to mention extra clutter all over for detail, objectives, etc.

    Would be amazing if it could run that smooth all the time, but that's why the tutorial is so much smoother at the moment.

    Im assuming you are on pc. Frames in console especially on several maps are garbage. Play on on console for a week. If we got it back to even before 2.0 it would be a massive upgrade.

    I play on PC and PS4. I feel your pain, I'm just explaining why the frame rate is so much higher in the tutorial. Unfortunately it's an easier said than done type of deal. It's not a matter of the tutorial being more optimized, it's a matter of the tutorial being so small.

  • @Peanits i actually understand they can't get it to that quality but you have to agree the game before 2.0 was much better frame rate wise on ps4 then in its current state. It is a problem playing killer or survivor.
  • @fcc2014 said:
    @Peanits i actually understand they can't get it to that quality but you have to agree the game before 2.0 was much better frame rate wise on ps4 then in its current state. It is a problem playing killer or survivor.

    I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Something changed across all platforms in that update.

  • @Peanits said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    @Peanits i actually understand they can't get it to that quality but you have to agree the game before 2.0 was much better frame rate wise on ps4 then in its current state. It is a problem playing killer or survivor.

    I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Something changed across all platforms in that update.

    Peanits Stahp changing your picture all the time pls.

    First it was kate then it was a weird trapper thing and now it's trep Stop confusing me.

    Thank you. 😃

  • @Bbbrian2013 said:

    @Peanits said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    @Peanits i actually understand they can't get it to that quality but you have to agree the game before 2.0 was much better frame rate wise on ps4 then in its current state. It is a problem playing killer or survivor.

    I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Something changed across all platforms in that update.

    Peanits Stahp changing your picture all the time pls.

    First it was kate then it was a weird trapper thing and now it's trep Stop confusing me.

    Thank you. 😃

    What's wrong with a little variety?